Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 195 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic Boom (Games) Megathread That time Sonic TP'd himself

#16 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:49 AM

• Project:Learning Python.

View PostSkyler, on 02 October 2013 - 09:19 AM, said:

View PostTimmiT, on 02 October 2013 - 09:07 AM, said:

wat.

#17 User is offline The KKM 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 09:53 AM

• Welcome to the nExt level
  • Project:Taking control of my life
  • Wiki edits:6
Knuckles is annoying me the most both for the height and the fingers. I don't mind him being buffed, but not if the result is him being twice the size of Sonic.

Who should get a haircut.

#18 User is offline .Luke 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:00 AM

• Project:Freedom Planet fan art; Learning Music Theory
Aaaaaaaaaaaaugh why did they have to tease it an entire year before it actually airs? The torture, it burns.

As for the art style, I imagine they took some creative liberties there, but if this actually involves Sonic's home planet, any bit of the humor in Sonic Unleashed CGI shorts, and decent animation, this could be worth a watch.

#19 User is offline Captain L 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM

• The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Project:Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief
Remember back in the speculation thread for this, where I said that I like stylized animations? I would have really liked an animated series done in the art style of Sonic Battle or the intro to Sonic Riders.

See, those at least kept the characters proportions correct (Riders less so, but it's not a gigantic change). These are iconic characters. Back in the 90s, Sonic was the most recognizable character in America. Why would they so drastically change the design for him? Also, I'm not a fan of 3D animated shows, the only one I ever watched was Jimmy Neutron. I've never seen a 3D show that actually had good models. I would have accepted it in 3D if they used models that at least looked like the games. The Generations models were great.

And let's not even talk about the possibility of a whole new voice cast. I sincerely hope that they at least understand the same thing Sega's known; if you're going to have a whole new voice cast, you keep Mike Pollock. Actually, wouldn't it be cool if they had Ryan Drummond? I know he's got that union thing, and I have no idea how unions actually work.

Hate to say it from one image, but I'm scared. I think I would have preferred the high school comedy mockup image I made, reposted here. But I should know that one teaser image is not enough to judge something on. Equestria Girls caused one hell of a shitstorm on its first image, and I heard that turned out okay.
Posted Image
Insert "Helping Twilight Win the Crown" from Equestria Girls for full effect.

#20 User is offline Nova 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:24 AM

• Sonic CulT Advanced Research Zone
  • Wiki edits:17
I hate the fact that I'm having the expected knee-jerk reaction of any fan.

But I just can't help it.

Look at those designs. Ugh.

#21 User is offline Jason 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:26 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
Please die a quick death so we won't have another GOTTA GO FAST meme develop. If the other CG video game based cartoons of recent years have shown, this is a bad idea.

#22 User is offline Blivsey 

• Charismatic Sonicaholic
  • Project:Throwing my support behind others' projects (aka none)

View PostCaptain L, on 02 October 2013 - 10:20 AM, said:

voice cast fears

Posted Image

#23 User is offline TimmiT 

• Probably part of some problem
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View Post.Luke, on 02 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaugh why did they have to tease it an entire year before it actually airs? The torture, it burns.

TV shows usually get announced pretty early on, this is actually a pretty late announcement compared to other stuff. For example: the Rabbids tv show was announced in 2010 (though back then Aardman was going to work on it)
This post has been edited by TimmiT: 02 October 2013 - 10:27 AM

#24 User is offline Captain L 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM

• The guy who likes Shadow the Hedgehog
  • Project:Waiting for the coming of the Great White Hankerchief

View PostBlivsey, on 02 October 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

voice cast fears

Posted Image

Hey, they didn't say which games. It could be the 4Kids cast again for all we know.

#25 User is offline RuRi 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:42 AM

View PostCaptain L, on 02 October 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

voice cast fears

Posted Image

Hey, they didn't say which games. It could be the 4Kids cast again for all we know.

...Why would they use the 4Kids voice actors when they'd probably rather keep Sonic having a consistent voice between the show and the games?

#26 User is offline Shadow Hog 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:45 AM

• "I'm a superdog!"
  • Wiki edits:10

voice cast fears
Posted Image
I think I found Sonic's voice actor you guys

#27 User is offline MykonosFan 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:46 AM

• MODE CHANGE.
  • Wiki edits:178

View PostRuRi, on 02 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

voice cast fears

Posted Image

...Why would they use the 4Kids voice actors when they'd probably rather keep Sonic having a consistent voice between the show and the games?

...Why would they change the character designs when they'd probably rather keep Sonic & co. having a consistent look between the show and the games?

:v: Just messing around. But I really hope Sonic and Knuckles don't look stupid. It's weirding me out that Amy and Tails look pretty much exactly as I'd expect and those two are so different.

#28 User is offline RuRi 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 10:53 AM

View PostMykonos, on 02 October 2013 - 10:46 AM, said:

View PostRuRi, on 02 October 2013 - 10:42 AM, said:

...Why would they change the character designs when they'd probably rather keep Sonic & co. having a consistent look between the show and the games?

:v:/> Just messing around. But I really hope Sonic and Knuckles don't look stupid. It's weirding me out that Amy and Tails look pretty much exactly as I'd expect and those two are so different.

Good point

Now I don't know what to think

either way the designs are just going to confuse kids when they watch the show then want to play the games and wonder why Knuckles looks so small

#29 User is offline Jason 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:00 AM

• *Results not lab tested.

Evan Baily, Donna Friedman Meir, and Jane McGregor, Executive Producers for SEGA, packaged the series, bringing together SEGA, Cartoon Network, and Genao Productions. Sandrine Nguyen and Boris Hertzog, Executive Producers for Genao, assembled a world-class lineup of partners in France, including broadcasters GULLI and CANAL J, Lagardere Entertainment Rights and Lagardère Active TV Licensing & New Business. Baily, Meir and Nguyen developed the series, and Hertzog and McGregor structured the financing and negotiated all the deals. Baily (formerly EVP of Production and Creative Affairs for Classic Media) and Co-Executive Producer Bill Freiberger (The Simpsons, Drawn Together) are showrunners. Takashi Iizuka, the head of Sonic Team and driving creative force behind the Sonic games, is overseeing the series to ensure that it's true to the Sonic characters and universe.
So the question is how much of that "overseeing" is Iizuka actually doing. If they had to go up to him and say "Here's the designs, whatdaya think?" and he agreed, then I don't know what to think anymore.

Also none of the designs aside from Tails appear to have gloves. Franchise ruined.
This post has been edited by Jason: 02 October 2013 - 11:03 AM

#30 User is offline .Luke 

Posted 02 October 2013 - 11:06 AM

• Project:Freedom Planet fan art; Learning Music Theory

View PostTimmiT, on 02 October 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

View Post.Luke, on 02 October 2013 - 10:00 AM, said:

TV shows usually get announced pretty early on, this is actually a pretty late announcement compared to other stuff. For example: the Rabbids tv show was announced in 2010 (though back then Aardman was going to work on it)

Ah, that would explain the long wait for TMNT's 2003 cartoon series, (I remember the toys coming out way ahead of the show.) but since I was still a kid, the time just flew by.

• 195 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users