Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 17 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#31 User is offline GagaMan 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Galaxy Ace I: menus works perfect, but just flat out crashes upon starting the game. Come back and a green hill act 1 save file is there, open that and I get music, the green hill text slowly scroll in, followed by a crash.

Looks like it's time for me to upgrade my android phone. Google Play really shouldn't list something as compatible if it's not. :/

#32 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:03 PM

• Project:Learning Python.

View PostGagaMan, on 17 May 2013 - 04:01 PM, said:

Galaxy Ace I: menus works perfect, but just flat out crashes upon starting the game. Come back and a green hill act 1 save file is there, open that and I get music, the green hill text slowly scroll in, followed by a crash.

Looks like it's time for me to upgrade my android phone. Google Play really shouldn't list something as compatible if it's not. :/

X10 Mini here, it does the same thing. Both phones use the same chipset (Qualcomm MSM7227 with Adreno 200 GPU)

Here's the crash log.

http://pastebin.com/ftKp9YAE
This post has been edited by DustArma: 17 May 2013 - 04:10 PM

#33 User is offline The Taxman 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:15 PM

• Project:Retro Engine & Related Projects
  • Wiki edits:15

View PostDustArma, on 17 May 2013 - 04:03 PM, said:

X10 Mini here, it does the same thing. Both phones use the same chipset (Qualcomm MSM7227 with Adreno 200 GPU)

Here's the crash log.

http://pastebin.com/ftKp9YAE

Thanks guys, I'll look into it.

#34 User is offline Dan Lioneye 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

Guys I bought this again on Play Store to play using Bluestacks, but can't figure out how to use my x360 controller to play the game. Or if I even can...

I'm new to this Android crap :argh:

#35 User is offline dnlthealt 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:39 PM

Just a suggestion, but with the announcement of Google Play Game Services, will the Android version be updated to get achievements, leaderboards and the like?
This post has been edited by dnlthealt: 17 May 2013 - 06:41 PM

#36 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16

I used to own a galaxy ace and it has plenty of ram, so I wonder what causes the game to not load on it. I gave my ace to my mother so I can try the game on it also.

#37 User is offline Dark Sonic 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:47 PM

• Project:Sonic Lost World: Nonexistent Six/Fixed Edition; Sonic Genesis Adventure (Let's see how long this lasts :V)
  • Wiki edits:10
Just one little thing that kind of bugs me is the Knuckles sign post. I feel like the one from Knuckles in Sonic 2 would work better.

#38 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:15 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostDark Sonic, on 17 May 2013 - 06:47 PM, said:

Just one little thing that kind of bugs me is the Knuckles sign post. I feel like the one from Knuckles in Sonic 2 would work better.

Knuckles S3 sprites will always slightly clash with S1/S2 simply because of the way they're shaded. I think it's most noticeable on his large ending sprite really. He's got dithered shading, while the rest of the game is very smooth. Nitpicking to the highest degree though. They only clash so long as you actively think about it.

#39 User is offline Blaumagier 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:36 PM

I'm not super familiar with the original Sonic 1, so I don't know if this is a bug or as intended, but in Star Light Zone, one of the fans was blowing me in the opposite direction it faced. It seemed like it was a bug because it was sitting on one of the ledges above a quarter pipe ramp. I'm playing on an iPad 1 and I will try to be more specific which fan it is when I get a chance to replay it.

Also, a suggestion I have is to disable automatic sleep mode during the game's ending sequence. Not a big deal, but I thought it was a game crash at first because I couldn't tell that the screen had turned off.

#40 User is offline Bartman3010 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:45 PM

• Wiki edits:96
For the debug mode, if you die then try to activate the debug mode, you'll become the object marker, but the touch screen controls become locked. If you're using a game controller, you're fine, otherwise the game basically soft locks to where it would need to be restarted.

#41 User is offline gold lightning 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:37 PM

• I have seen some shit in my time
  • Wiki edits:2
One thing that isn't exactly a bug but is most likely a huge oversight; If you beat the game with debug mode active it doesn't deactivate when you go to time attack mode. The brokenness of this is obvious.
Posted Image
The Green Hill time is legit. Marble Zone on the other hand...

EDIT: Turns out that you don't even have to beat the game. Just activate debug, enter a level, exit, and then go to time attack mode.
This post has been edited by gold lightning: 17 May 2013 - 11:46 PM

#42 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:21 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
Passing an end of level sign post while in object placement mode locks the controls, and never loads the End of Level Title Cards. Can't even pause it to exit unless I bring up my android menu.

Also is it just me, or can you not press any diagonal directions? This is most noticeable while using debug mode.
This post has been edited by Rika Chou: 18 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

#43 User is offline Josh 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 05:33 AM

• TGC Warrior
  • Wiki edits:1
I'm playing with a USB Saturn controller, so I'd be more prone to notice this. Usually when I need to execute a charged Spin Dash, I put three fingers on A, B, and C and rev it quickly that way. Which led me to notice that the Spin Dash sound effect doesn't seem to increase in pitch when you rev it quickly.

#44 User is offline Dan Lioneye 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 09:29 AM

Anyone else experiencing slower gameplay using Bluestacks?

The actual game is lagging a bit, but the sound is at full speed. I thought this all the way through the game until the end credits confirmed it, the music sequence had finished by Scrap Brain Zone 2 while the credits were still going, minus music. Sound effects still worked obviously.

Seems like the game is running at 50Hz and the music at 60Hz. Also makes the physics feel a little floaty from the slowed rate.

#45 User is offline jackaroo 

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:30 AM

I just finished the game as Knuckles on the iOS version. The end credits were playing fine until Labyrinth Zone. Knuckles died on a spike, the music faded out and so did the screen. It then restarted the labyrinth section and Knuckles died again. This continued until all the lives I had left were used up and then Game Over appeared and it went back to the menu. From there if I tried to play a stage the HUD was gone and I couldn't move. Once I restarted the App it was back to normal.

• 17 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users