Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 17 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic 1 (2013 - iOS/Android) Post-Release Bugs/Fixes/Suggestions

#16 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:03 AM

• つづく
  • Project:Diva
  • Wiki edits:6
Bug (Android Samsung Galaxy S2): Marble Zone Act 1: When playing as Sonic + Tails, the block you are supposed to push to raise the platform with spikes on the bottom to advance spawned underneath the platform. Walking back a bit and coming back respawned it in the correct place. I guess it would make sense to use Tails as that block if there were a second controller to pick up, but since this is a phone I'm counting this as a bug.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this?

#17 User is offline Phoebius 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

• Coucou
  • Project:iOS Game

View PostAesculapius Piranha, on 17 May 2013 - 07:03 AM, said:

Bug (Android Samsung Galaxy S2): Marble Zone Act 1: When playing as Sonic + Tails, the block you are supposed to push to raise the platform with spikes on the bottom to advance spawned underneath the platform. Walking back a bit and coming back respawned it in the correct place. I guess it would make sense to use Tails as that block if there were a second controller to pick up, but since this is a phone I'm counting this as a bug.

I'm curious if anyone else has encountered this?

http://forums.sonicr...ndpost&p=743337

#18 User is offline Aesculapius Piranha 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:05 AM

• つづく
  • Project:Diva
  • Wiki edits:6
Edit 2: Well, good(bad?) to know I'm not the only one. XD

Because it's such an easy fix, it's more funny than game breaking but I imagine that confusing newbies.
This post has been edited by Aesculapius Piranha: 17 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

#19 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:24 AM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16
iPhone 5

I beat the game with knuckles today, but in the credits cut scene where the character is sucked down the underwater passage onto the grab bars, knuckles will let go and die on spikes, repeating the scene until you force quit the app. My save still says knuckles on final zone so no idea if it classed as beating the game with him or not.

If you keep bouncing on enemies or monitors you will slowly lose bounce height over time, this doesn't happen in the original. Good example is starlight zone act 1, drill through the wall to the 4 hidden monitors, you can never bounce combo enough to get back out and have to use a spring.
This post has been edited by Diablohead: 17 May 2013 - 07:26 AM

#20 User is offline The Taxman 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:30 AM

• Project:Retro Engine & Related Projects
  • Wiki edits:15

View PostDiablohead, on 17 May 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

iPhone 5

I beat the game with knuckles today, but in the credits cut scene where the character get's sucked down the underwater passage onto the grab bars, knuckles will let go and die on spikes, repeating the scene until you force quit the app. My save still says knuckles on final zone so no idea if it classed as beating the game with him or not.

Yeah, this was already fixed with the Android release, iOS will be fixed soon.

View PostDiablohead, on 17 May 2013 - 07:24 AM, said:

If you keep bouncing on enemies or monitors you will slowly lose bounce height over time, this doesn't happen in the original. Good example is starlight zone act 1, drill through the wall to the 4 hidden monitors, you can never bounce combo enough to get back out and have to use a spring.

I think people are getting confused here. The bouncing works in Sonic games like this:

- Y Velocity is flipped on colliding for the bounce, but if you jump and let go of the button the jump height cap will affect the bounce height. Rolling into the air will also avoid the jump height cap.

#21 User is offline Diablohead 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:34 AM

• Indie dev
  • Project:games
  • Wiki edits:16
I just don't remember each bounce making sonic lose height over time even with jump held down, but it happens in your version, it's by only a few pixels but enough to not make it back to the ledge from which I started at the right height. I'd have to go check.

#22 User is offline Rush 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:06 AM

• break the madness
I would suggest an option to change languages, Android version from russian Google Play force you to use russian translation, which is kinda strange to see. I had never seen a translation beyond manual in a Sonic game. And I love to play games in original language, but thats just me.
This post has been edited by Rush: 17 May 2013 - 09:07 AM

#23 User is offline D.A. Garden 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:44 AM

• Wiki edits:44
Only 2 things I noticed so far that I haven't seen mentioned elsewhere:

I've had the 1-UP jingle cut off on me several times, usually by what sounds like another sound effect. It happens rather infrequently but enough to be noticeable. The music is quiet for about 3 seconds each time.

When grabbing the power sneakers in GHZ3 and defeating Eggman, the GHZ music that returns is permanently fast, which is odd as the power sneakers are no longer in effect.

Apart from those, and some of the other things that others have mentioned (which I have noticed also), it's an incredibly solid Sonic 1 port and I love it.
This post has been edited by D.A. Garden: 17 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

#24 User is offline Bartman3010 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:00 AM

• Wiki edits:96
Using an ASUS Transformer Prime TF201

I found out on my Android if you take away focus from the app then go back to it, it will pause the game. Every time. So if I'm on a demo scene, title screen, end credits or whatever, I'll get the pause menu.

I think when the app loses focus it causes the sound to make static noises sometimes. One time after a ring jingle would play, I'd get a short static noise. There was another time where my jumps were mostly replaced with static noises too.

#25 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

• Wiki edits:18

View PostKingofHarts, on 17 May 2013 - 03:59 AM, said:

EDIT: Suggestions - Change that ugly ass Knuckles title screen sprite... it just doesn't match Sonic or Tails' title screen graphics. AND please make Knuckles + Tails a possiblity to play as.
I'd say Tails' sprite doesn't match Sonic's either, since he looks way too small next to him... Seeing those redrawn with Sonic 1 proportions would be swell.
This post has been edited by ICEknight: 17 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

#26 User is offline Nova 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:34 AM

• Sonic CulT Advanced Research Zone
  • Wiki edits:17
I didn't manage to take a screenshot of this bug but here goes:

In Act 3 of Spring Yard Zone, right near the boss arena, the three or four left-to-right columns that you need to traverse to get over to the fight... Well, if you fall below the first one there's a little platform to save you. Nothing new there... However, if you jump off that platform and wedge inbetween the bottom square of the column, and the wall... You would expect to get crushed, right? Not so. The column pushes you into the wall. You can escape, so it's only a minor nitpick but I thought I'd throw a contribution in. :v:

#27 User is offline SomeSortOfRobot 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

• Project:http://legendoflucy.com
I love that functionality for Wii remotes were added, but would it be possible to have the on-screen controller vanish when controllers are detected?
This post has been edited by SomeSortOfRobot: 17 May 2013 - 01:10 PM

#28 User is offline DustArma 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

• Project:Learning Python.
Taxman, should I PM you a logcat of the game crashing? I really would love to play this on my X10 Mini but as it stands I can't.

Right now I narrowed the crashing down to the game loading a stage, if I select a new game and select a character, the screen fades to black and then crashes but it still autosaves, if I pick the saved game it loads the GHZ title card, then it either crashes or does nothing.
This post has been edited by DustArma: 17 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

#29 User is offline FlackoWeasel 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

• Wiki edits:2
Super Tails has glitchy underwater palette in Labyrinth Zone

Spoiler

This post has been edited by FlackoWeasel: 17 May 2013 - 02:45 PM

#30 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:04 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1
Sprint Galaxy S3, 4.1.2

When I press the menu button while playing, the game stops moving, but the menu doesn't pop up until I touch the screen again.

• 17 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users