Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: The Sonic Merchandise Topic - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 61 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

The Sonic Merchandise Topic So you'll stop posting this stuff elsewhere

#871 User is offline Twimfy 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 05:11 AM

• Project:Sonic the Comic stuff

View PostLiraxus, on 22 December 2016 - 12:17 AM, said:

Sorry if this was brought up before, but what are peoples thoughts on these cute little Sonic Vinyls, I saw a video of them, and I honest to god just want to find a store that sells these things.(Without paying for shipping online...)

Posted Image

I ordered one from a reseller on Amazon UK for £20 just to see what they were like. I got the classic Sonic Pose. Really impressed with them but there's no way I'm paying so much. I know Forbidden Planet https://forbiddenpla...CFY0V0wodSaUDsw are due to be stocking them at the end of March for much less. However the random nature of the product it's still going to be expensive getting them all, I'd be up for setting up a trade group.

#872 User is online Ashram 

Posted 04 March 2017 - 01:36 PM

• Wiki edits:13

View PostHaalyle, on 27 February 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

View PostCasshern, on 27 February 2017 - 07:45 PM, said:

Oh cool, though a little disappointed the tracks are not edited to fit the mood of a café. But it's understandable they didn't.

I dunno, they seem chill enough to be played at a cafe. Most of the vocals are shorten down and the transitions for some songs is really good. And the last song is pure bliss.

Yep, "After the Adventure" was originally from the Radio DC album, and then was reprinted on Jun Senoue's "The Works". It's a mix of Sonic and NiGHTS, and it's good listening.
This post has been edited by Ashram: 04 March 2017 - 01:37 PM

#873 User is offline WAC 

Posted 01 April 2017 - 01:38 AM

• KITTIES!
  • Project:Kitty Pixel Art
  • Wiki edits:2
Do they make any shirts that primarily focuses on Classic Tails? So many shirts featuring Classic Sonic exist, yet I can't find any good shirts that primarily showcases Classic Tails.

#874 User is offline Rika Chou 

Posted 01 April 2017 - 02:22 AM

• Adopt
  • Wiki edits:4
http://sonicmerchandise.com/ is having a clearance sale.

#875 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 10:45 AM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
Time to power up !
Posted Image
Posted Image

#876 User is offline Overlord 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:50 PM

• Substitute Meerkovo IT Chief
  • Project:VGDB
  • Wiki edits:3,204
I've had one of those and a Pacman can sitting in my fridge for several years now. =P

#877 User is offline Andrew75 

Posted 21 May 2017 - 03:24 PM

• Technical Artist
  • Project:Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects

View PostOverlord, on 21 May 2017 - 02:50 PM, said:

I've had one of those and a Pacman can sitting in my fridge for several years now. =P

It tastes like Blue is Back !! just in case your wondering.

#878 User is offline cornholio857 

Posted 24 May 2017 - 01:58 PM

• The Great Cornholio
  • Project:In search of TP
Posted Image

Was helping my parents do some Spring Cleaning at their house a while back and stumbled upon this:
  • My Knuckles' Chaotix Box and Manual after it being lost for over a decade. My cartridge is now in its home!
  • Sonic the Birthday Card
  • Sonic the Fanny Pack
  • Sonic the House Shoes
  • Sonic Sight N' Sound Randomizer. The glue holding the book to the unit is no more. I'll have to glue it back.

#879 User is offline LowSeasCaroz 

Posted 28 May 2017 - 01:06 PM

• Project:Desperately trying to make a Turrican clone
Does anyone know about this Dreamcast/Sonic Adventure bag?

Posted Image

Posted Image

These pictures were tweeted by Sonic team director Shun Nakamura himself. He thinks they're from the 1998 Sonic Adventure press conference, but he's not completely sure about it.

#880 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 28 May 2017 - 02:34 PM

View PostLowSeasCaroz, on 28 May 2017 - 01:06 PM, said:

Does anyone know about this Dreamcast/Sonic Adventure bag?

These pictures were tweeted by Sonic team director Shun Nakamura himself. He thinks they're from the 1998 Sonic Adventure press conference, but he's not completely sure about it.

He's correct, that's the merchandise bag they gave you when you bought something in the event: clear files, poster, shirts etc etc.

#881 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 03 June 2017 - 04:14 PM

• Wiki edits:6
F4F 25th Anniversary Piece finally revealed

Posted Image

JonoD of TSS and I had a part in designing this piece, as far as working on the the initial idea and providing feedback through the 2D and 3D stages. The piece went through a bunch of changes, including actually deciding the feet would be sculpted and the pose. We really wanted to get a wheel-o-feet effect in, and we settled on the peel-out because a typical wheel would look incredibly awkward in 3D with either two wheels wither side of his body having his entire body rest on one giant wheel. But in CD, Sonic's legs disappear and his feet basically become a ribbon in the peel-out, so that would also look kinda meh. So the entire effect was based upon Lost World's running animation. The pose itself is actually not classic at all... it's from the Advance games.

What do you think? Of course we just helped with the brainstorming and gave ideas on the the piece through it's development. Neither of us actually got our hands dirty since we don't have the skills. It was Alex and the artist that really brought it to life. It was fun to be involved though!

My only regret is that Mania was kept so tightly under wraps that we didn't have the option to use Studiopolis. The Green Hill base looks awesome with all the detail added though - I'm totally happy with it.

Regular version: no lights, no motor in the sign. The sign can be taken out and turned around to display either Sonic or Eggman in their original sprite form.

Exclusive version: lights with various settings, motor to rotate the sign, built in rechargeable LED battery and swap-out magnetic face-plates for the sign with official artwork instead of sprites.
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 03 June 2017 - 04:28 PM

#882 User is offline Casshern 

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:11 PM

View PostBlue Blood, on 03 June 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

F4F 25th Anniversary Piece finally revealed

JonoD of TSS and I had a part in designing this piece, as far as working on the the initial idea and providing feedback through the 2D and 3D stages. The piece went through a bunch of changes, including actually deciding the feet would be sculpted and the pose. We really wanted to get a wheel-o-feet effect in, and we settled on the peel-out because a typical wheel would look incredibly awkward in 3D with either two wheels wither side of his body having his entire body rest on one giant wheel. But in CD, Sonic's legs disappear and his feet basically become a ribbon in the peel-out, so that would also look kinda meh. So the entire effect was based upon Lost World's running animation. The pose itself is actually not classic at all... it's from the Advance games.

What do you think? Of course we just helped with the brainstorming and gave ideas on the the piece through it's development. Neither of us actually got our hands dirty since we don't have the skills. It was Alex and the artist that really brought it to life. It was fun to be involved though!

My only regret is that Mania was kept so tightly under wraps that we didn't have the option to use Studiopolis. The Green Hill base looks awesome with all the detail added though - I'm totally happy with it.

Regular version: no lights, no motor in the sign. The sign can be taken out and turned around to display either Sonic or Eggman in their original sprite form.

Exclusive version: lights with various settings, motor to rotate the sign, built in rechargeable LED battery and swap-out magnetic face-plates for the sign with official artwork instead of sprites.

I absolutely loved this statue. It's definitely above and beyond from the original concept and I'm glad the decision to change it got us this.

While having a Classic Sonic statue with a Studiopolis base/theme would be cool, I don't think it would've clicked with the anniversary theme.

Maybe a diorama with Sonic being launched out of the SegaSonic popcorn machine with Studiopolis in the background (or something like that) can be done in the future though.

#883 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 03 June 2017 - 05:22 PM

• Wiki edits:6

View PostCasshern, on 03 June 2017 - 05:11 PM, said:

I absolutely loved this statue. It's definitely above and beyond from the original concept and I'm glad the decision to change it got us this.

While having a Classic Sonic statue with a Studiopolis base/theme would be cool, I don't think it would've clicked with the anniversary theme.

Maybe a diorama with Sonic being launched out of the SegaSonic popcorn machine with Studiopolis in the background (or something like that) can be done in the future though.

Studiopolis was never even considered or brought up as an idea properly - it was just my personal choice. By the time Mania came along, we'd long since settled on GHZ and spent a while perfecting it. The thing is, we had originally decided not to go with GHZ on the original statue that got canned because so many people, myself included, have seen enough of GHZ; the original Classic Sonic statue and the 20th Anniversary ones were both based on it. But that just begged the question of what else would be fitting for something so iconic. Another S1 stage like Marble or Starlight? Not quite iconic enough. A stage from another game? Well, it wouldn't be representing 25 years then even if the stage was iconic. GHZ was the only choice left, and it's leaps and bounds above the previous ones with its rocky texturing and individual blades of grass. It's definitely Generations' Green Hill rather than S1. I still think Studiopolis could have worked really well though, simply because Mania is part of the 25th Anniversary and a return to Classic form. But your comment is proof enough that we're not a hivemind. GHZ was definitely the right choice. It also works best for colour balance.
This post has been edited by Blue Blood: 03 June 2017 - 05:24 PM

#884 User is online KingOfBunnies 

Posted 03 June 2017 - 09:47 PM

Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm getting the exclusive edition. It's way to awesome to pass up.

#885 User is offline MJM 

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:52 PM

I have a Japanese Sonic doll from like 1992.

• 61 Pages +
  • ◄ First
    Locked Forum

3 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users