Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Sonic X - Available Uncut by 4Kids on Hulu and Youtube - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 11 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Sonic X - Available Uncut by 4Kids on Hulu and Youtube Now on Youtube too.

#16 User is offline Puto 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:05 PM

• Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51
I'm not saying that being wacky is bad. I love the wackyness of Kageyama's music. But it is wacky =P

#17 User is offline Trunks 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:20 PM

• AGAIN TRY
  • Project:The Bancast, Lone Stars, LOVE
  • Wiki edits:30
I like the accurate translations and all, but they're not entirely followable at times.

"Who knows the power of chaos control"
"Only god knows."
"That was an irresponsible thing to say."

#18 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 02:40 PM

• The saber calls for its master...
  • Project:Doing Stuff.
  • Wiki edits:1
QUOTE (Trunks @ Apr 3 2010, 02:20 PM)
I like the accurate translations and all, but they're not entirely followable at times.

"Only god knows."

Thats one thing about fansubs the fans know when not to be 100% accurate and be human. but I'm guessing from your post that these subs are accurate correct?

#19 User is offline Shakidna 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 06:29 PM

• Rehash Rampage
I've watched these a few times and never noticed until now how many Sonic Adventure sound effects this show used.

#20 User is offline Puto 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:00 PM

• Shin'ichi Kudō, detective.
  • Project:Part of Team Megamix, but haven't done any actual work in ages.
  • Wiki edits:51
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Apr 3 2010, 08:40 PM)

"Only god knows."

Thats one thing about fansubs the fans know when not to be 100% accurate and be human. but I'm guessing from your post that these subs are accurate correct?

Well, considering that the existing fansubs weren't even grammatically correct [except for my releases :3], let alone having naturally-sounding speech, I'd say this is an improvement.

#21 User is offline Enzo Aquarius 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 07:07 PM

• 20% Cooler.
  • Project:Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
  • Wiki edits:519
QUOTE (quarterman @ Apr 3 2010, 07:49 PM)
Okay, thanks for the explanation. As it stands, it's pretty damn funny to read. I wonder how badly they fuck up our cartoon theme songs?

A lot of Japanese shows have intros like this, long songs with lots of metaphorical meaning. It may sound wacky to us, but a direct translation doesn't do the theme justice. If you understand Japanese, it works as a song well. A direct translation, singing, would empty out an entire stadium and make Simon Cowell's head explode.

One of the many reasons to learn Japanese. eng101.png

#22 User is offline Quarterman 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 08:01 PM

• Just another day in paradise.
  • Wiki edits:6
QUOTE (Enzo Aquarius @ Apr 3 2010, 05:07 PM)
QUOTE (quarterman @ Apr 3 2010, 07:49 PM)
Okay, thanks for the explanation. As it stands, it's pretty damn funny to read. I wonder how badly they fuck up our cartoon theme songs?

A lot of Japanese shows have intros like this, long songs with lots of metaphorical meaning. It may sound wacky to us, but a direct translation doesn't do the theme justice. If you understand Japanese, it works as a song well. A direct translation, singing, would empty out an entire stadium and make Simon Cowell's head explode.

One of the many reasons to learn Japanese. eng101.png

I would very much like to see Simon Cowell's head explode. But you're right. Every language has it's own quirks that just don't work in any other language.

Learn Japanese? Are you kidding? I have my hands full learning french! A non-Latin based alphabet would make MY head explode.

#23 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:11 PM

QUOTE (Puto @ Apr 3 2010, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Apr 3 2010, 08:40 PM)

"Only god knows."

Well, considering that the existing fansubs weren't even grammatically correct [except for my releases :3], let alone having naturally-sounding speech, I'd say this is an improvement.

I can deal with minor grammer errors if it doesnt look like microsoft sam is doing the subs.

Offtopic:
Why?, Chibigoku, Why did you do it? flunked.png

EDIT: lul grammer error.
This post has been edited by Lanzer: 03 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

#24 User is offline BaconFace 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:18 PM

• DrTapeworm
QUOTE (Lanzer @ Apr 4 2010, 02:11 AM)
Offtopic:
Why?, Chibigoku, Why did you do it? flunked.png

That, my friend, is a mystery. A mystery locked deep within Sonic Retro, never to be solved...

On topic, I don't watch Sonic X, therefore I don't have much to say, excluding the fact that I will never watch it.

EDIT: And...he's no longer banned? Strange.
This post has been edited by BaconFace: 03 April 2010 - 09:21 PM

#25 User is offline PicklePower 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:22 PM

• Wiki edits:2,809
This is actually really exciting. I never was able to watch the whole first season all the way through when it was on television, and I'd rather not buy ≈10 separate DVDs with 3-4 episodes each to watch the series.

Also, I prefer the Japanese intro over the English one, probably because I never knew what the lyrics meant. I'm not sure if now having subtitles changes that.

#26 User is offline Mendinso 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

• I'm Who I Am.
  • Wiki edits:22
Long story short, someone hijacked my account. I'm back now, so don't worry. It's been taken care of.

Now we should get on topic!
This post has been edited by ChibiGoku: 03 April 2010 - 09:25 PM

#27 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (ChibiGoku @ Apr 3 2010, 10:25 PM)
Long story short, someone hijacked my account. I'm back now, so don't worry. It's been taken care of.

Offtopic:
Sorry to hear. that happend to me once during my beginning days here luckly tweaker understood and let me back in. Sad thing is, I know the jerk who did it and hes friends with my best friend. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF(etc).

Ontopic:
Im just still uncertain if the subs are accurate enough. sure it looks like a robot force feeding you back words in an inhuman way but does that mean there accurate?

#28 User is offline Quarterman 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:32 PM

QUOTE (ChibiGoku @ Apr 3 2010, 07:25 PM)

"The details of your demise have been highly exaggerated." I had a feeling you wouldn't descend into such madness. Good to have ya back. It appears I've gone off topic yet again. I apologize.

Back on topic, I'm starting to warm up to the Japanese subs. It's amazing how much they neutered the American release. 4Kids, You have just taken your place as my mortal enemy.

#29 User is offline Lanzer 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:38 PM

QUOTE (quarterman @ Apr 3 2010, 10:32 PM)
Back on topic, I'm starting to warm up to the Japanese subs. It's amazing how much they neutered the American release. 4Kids, You have just taken your place as my mortal enemy.

Welcome to the good side, my friend. chips and dip are over there and the "I hate 4kids" meeting starts in 10 minutes. specialed.png

I'm going to watch the first episode now. its been such a long time since I've seen japanese sonic x (don't think I've seen it since its first ever run in japan).

#30 User is offline Quarterman 

Posted 03 April 2010 - 09:41 PM

QUOTE (Lanzer @ Apr 3 2010, 07:38 PM)
QUOTE (quarterman @ Apr 3 2010, 10:32 PM)

Welcome to the good side, my friend. chips and dip are over there and the "I hate 4kids" meeting starts in 10 minutes. specialed.png

I'm going to watch the first episode now. its been such a long time since I've seen japanese sonic x (don't think I've seen it since its first ever run in japan).

Brilliant. I shall attend this meeting. I know a guy who makes T-shirts. Would anyone like an anti-4Kids shirt? I'm proposing a militia as well. Does anyone have access to automatic weapons?

• 11 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users