Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Happy Halloween~ - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
  • 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

Happy Halloween~

#31 User is offline .Luke 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

• Project:Freedom Planet fan art; Learning Music Theory
This is a creative new gimmick! While I was a bit confused as to what the Sonic Heroes loading screen was for at first, seeing all the forum elements turn upside and the hearing the music is awesome. :specialed: Another one well done, Cinnosu!

Especially since the music stays persistent between pages. I didn't know that could be done.

View PostGreen Snake, on 31 October 2015 - 05:32 AM, said:

Well Sonic Retro wont be usable for me for next 2 weeks. Fucking fantastic...

Use the mobile site, then. It's not affected by this.

#32 User is offline Covarr 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 01:22 PM

• Sentient Cash Register
  • Wiki edits:1
I started out by guessing. That turned out to be no use, but I did manage to also add loading screens. Then I said screw it and dug into the page's source until I was able to Find out how to disable them both.

As it turns out, there's no way I ever would've gotten it right by guessing, since I was unfamiliar with The quote, not having played the game it's from :(

Oh well, at least now I can browse the forums on my Computer again. Before I came to my senses and looked at the javascript, I at one point got so frustrated that I just went into my Room, grabbed my phone, and started using Tapatalk instead. Not really an ideal way to read the forums, but I guess it works.

#33 User is offline KingofHarts 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:01 PM

• Project:Sonic 1 Complete
  • Wiki edits:1

View Post.Luke, on 31 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Especially since the music stays persistent between pages. I didn't know that could be done.

Did you forget about the Pumpkin Hill thing...? that kept music playing from page to page... and even smoothly transitioned to another version when entering the Member's Lounge

#34 User is offline S0LV0 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:24 PM

• Sonic Generations Helpdesk
  • Project:Abusing SMPS
I figured it out after TimmiT's hint, I'm proud of myself. GG Cinossu

#35 User is offline TimmiT 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:31 PM

• ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Project:Big screenshots
  • Wiki edits:8

View PostCovarr, on 31 October 2015 - 01:22 PM, said:

Oh well, at least now I can browse the forums on my Computer again. Before I came to my senses and looked at the javascript, I at one point got so frustrated that I just went into my Room, grabbed my phone, and started using Tapatalk instead. Not really an ideal way to read the forums, but I guess it works.

And here I thought that my own hint wasn't subtle.

#36 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:33 PM

• Also known as RHS
  • Project:Sonic Bash!
  • Wiki edits:24

View PostCinossu, on 31 October 2015 - 06:10 AM, said:

you'll all just have to keep avoiding monitors while typing

What monitors, what music?

Okay, disabling java-script finally let me into the forums. With it enabled, the sonic heroes come up with it's loading screen, and loaded indefinitely. No monitors appeared, no music played, and typing in the catch phrase after learning what it was from someone else did bugger all. So the forums are impossible to access with java-script on.

With java-script off, the Sonic heroes thing doesn't even load, (thank goodness).

Hopefully this is only for one day.
This post has been edited by redhotsonic: 31 October 2015 - 02:35 PM

#37 User is online JaxTH 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 02:47 PM

• Pudding Deity
  • Project:Jack shit.
  • Wiki edits:2
Well, this didn't work at all for me and I'm always up for shenanigans, I got stuck with an infinite loading screen until chat told me what to put in so I CAN'T experience whatever this thing is.

#38 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:30 PM

• Also known as RHS
Yeah, I just get stuck on this: http://rhs.sonicrese...hallowretro.png

The S/T/K emblems forever spin. No monitors, no music, no upside down shit. And typing "this phrase" does nothing either. Visitng the main page, or this topic or or this topic as examples, all make the Sonic Heroes thing load, and it never works properly.

View PostClownacy, on 31 October 2015 - 09:44 AM, said:

[Admin Edit: Nope.].

So, even if Clownacy did reveal the code in this topic earlier, there was no way I was ever going to see his post. Basically, unless javascript is disabled (which stops the Sonic heroes thing loading completely), this forum is now broken (no matter what browser I use) :(

#39 User is online Cinossu 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:38 PM

• inverted with love~
  • Project:Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
  • Wiki edits:474
Question; do you have iframes disabled entirely in your browser(s)? As that's how this thing works and keeps playing music/sounds "across pages".

#40 User is offline JaredAFX 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 03:44 PM

• SonicManEXE
  • Project:Acquiring a taste for FREE FORM JAZZ

View PostCinossu, on 31 October 2015 - 04:50 AM, said:

Time for the usual shenanigans~ :v:/>

If you're really that annoyed by it, there's a certain well-known phrase by a character in this game (who doesn't say it in this game, but no matter) that you can type to stop things. Don't forget to leave out the spaces though.

Wow this hint actually makes sense to me.

This is kinda cool and very creative, but it is just a little annoying. I'm glad there's a feature to turn it on and off. When I want it, it's very fun, though.

#41 User is offline qwertysonic 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:08 PM

• Project:creating the biggest sonic collection
you'retooslow

#42 User is offline redhotsonic 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:14 PM

• Also known as RHS

View PostCinossu, on 31 October 2015 - 03:38 PM, said:

Question; do you have iframes disabled entirely in your browser(s)?

No idea what that is. Just looked in Chrome settings and I don't see anything like that.

#43 User is offline Blue Blood 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:33 PM

• Wiki edits:6
I've disabled the game now. Funny stuff, but too much of a nuisance to deal with when you're just browsing the form. And since it's not really a game either, like the Pumpkin Hill one, there's no incentive to to keep it up. But that's just me being a spoil sport. I love these little gimmicks really.

#44 User is offline tokumaru 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:34 PM

• Project:Platformer for the NES
This is incredibly annoying, seeing as I don't know shit about post-MD Sonic games and have no idea how to disable this. Even trying to look for more tips or for a straight answer that someone might have been kind enough to post is proving to be impossible with this crap. And I refuse to waste my time debugging the javascript files looking for ways to circumvent this. See you when this nonsense ends.
This post has been edited by tokumaru: 31 October 2015 - 04:36 PM

#45 User is online Black Squirrel 

Posted 31 October 2015 - 04:59 PM

• wikiman
  • Project:thinking of a better member title
  • Wiki edits:20,569
It is really clever, don't get me wrong, although if it were me I don't think I'd be forcing it on people, particularly when it's not "easy" to disable. This isn't April Fools, and you're always going to run into situations where it bricks some people's setups.

As I've said before though, there are, uh... genuine bugs and problems across Sonic Retro that could really use these leet coding skillz. Like for example, the Sonic Retro wiki is forcing CAPTCHA tests on every edit (or every preview of an edit), and should the test not load properly, your data is wiped. I've no idea how long that's been going on for - I know if I'd logged this in the more formal bug logging way it could have sat there for weeks until an extremely busy Scarred Sun was slightly less extremely busy one day.

This isn't to do the whole "rain on your parade I'm no fun" thing, but idk, there's a whole batch of cool things we could have had in wiki land that might have taken about the same length of time to code.

• 9 Pages +
  • Last ►
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users