Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board: Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake - Sonic and Sega Retro Message Board

Hey there, Guest!  (Log In · Register) Help
Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake Coming 2019

#1 User is offline Jason 

Posted 10 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

• *Results not lab tested.
Sega is going full blast with reviving these IPs, huh?

Forever Entertainment together with SEGA Holding Co., Ltd. from Japan will co-create and publish Panzer Dragoon: Remake and Panzer Dragoon II Zwei: Remake. The premiere of the first part is planned before the end of 2019!

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon. The original version of the game had its premiere on the Sega Saturn console in 1995 and was well received by both players and critics. The entire Panzer Dragoon series has been repeatedly remade and released on many platforms. The last re-launch took place in April 2018 on Xbox One, where players can play Panzer Dragoon Orta with a backward compatibility. The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story. The first materials from the game will be presented in the upcoming months!

Forever Entertainment's past work appears to be mostly mobile games I've never heard of, so I'm not sure what kind of quality to expect.
This post has been edited by Jason: 10 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

#2 User is offline ICEknight 

Posted 10 December 2018 - 01:52 PM

• Wiki edits:18

Panzer Dragoon: Remake is a refreshed version of Panzer Dragoon.
The new version of the game will be characterized by a completely new graphics compatible with today's standards and several modifications of the game, making it more attractive to modern players, while remaining faithful to the original in terms of story.

Oh, it's only going to be faithful in terms of story? o_O

Maybe it will be something like this:

:v:

#3 User is offline 360 

Posted 10 December 2018 - 02:20 PM

• Light Vision Overdrive
  • Project:Sonic Neon
Awesome news that's just a bit shaky because the developer is unproven. Sega going all-in on reviving their IPs however is fucking amazing. Jet Set Radio could easily be next.

#4 User is offline BlackHole 

Posted 10 December 2018 - 04:59 PM

• You're going to need MORE than help.
  • Project:Sprites for Cybernetic Outbreak
I really hope they do a great job. And perhaps do Panzer Dragoon Saga as well, maybe Orta if they're up for it.

#5 User is offline Laughingcow 

Posted 10 December 2018 - 05:27 PM

Orta still holds up graphically last time I checked.

Panzer 1 & 2 getting remade sounds good to me. I still consider the final fight against the White Dragon as one of the best boss fights of any rail shooter.
This post has been edited by Laughingcow: 11 December 2018 - 04:20 AM

#6 User is offline Hukos 

Posted 11 December 2018 - 03:59 AM

The ost of the OG Panzer Dragoon is a work of art and should not be touched one iota.

https://www.youtube....h?v=QfjqiKQmBBc

I absolutely adore the Panzer Dragoon trilogy so I'm glad they're getting some attention, but man this seems like the kind of thing Sega (or the team it's being shipped off to) would screw up. However let it be known that I'm still glad that this is happening and I'm not complaining about that, I just really wonder about the execution for this kind of thing and how that's going to work. On the other hand, I freaking ADORE this franchise and everything it stands for - and it's probably Sega's only franchise where you can really say there are no bad games in it (I haven't played Yakuza yet so don't massacre me for not knowing about that one).

You may think "well it's a rail shooter, how badly could they fuck it up?", go look at Sega's work on Thunder Force VI :colbert:

(Also game design for the linear, arcadey type of games is more about refinement of really tiny, meticulous details more than big and gigantic design philosophies which is of course what is totally ripe for being screwed up here, so you know, no pressure :v: )

On the other hand, M2 have said they have Saturn emulation down pat so even if this is a fuckup, we'll eventually get our Sega AGES Panzer Dragoon games on Switch/Steam at some point. That's at least worth looking forward to.
This post has been edited by Hukos: 11 December 2018 - 04:03 AM

Page 1 of 1
    Locked Forum

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users