don't click here

Sonic Mania (Switch, PS4, Xbox One, PC...Netflix?)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Jul 23, 2016.

1. The Official PS magazine may have mentioned a new boss:

"a giant walking contraption containing a better-animated but vintage looking Dr Robotnik".

Can't Wait to see this!

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I can't speak for everyone, but all I have for this game so far is mounds of praise of the smallest handful of minor criticisms. Things like "the 1up jingle isn't my absolute favourite one", or anything else equally as petty and inconsequential. My only real criticism that actually potentially might matter is the retro stages outnumbering the new ones. But given what we've seen, I don't think I could feign disappointment even if I wanted too. GHZ1 is already fresh and exciting as it is, but Act 2 looks like a whole new beast and I'm seriously hyped for it and the rest of the retro stages that are going to appear. If you want some positive feedback that hopefully you and the team won't feel so numb too, it's that you took a feature that many people actively didn't want to see and have turned it into one of the most compelling parts of the game. That's seriously deserving of kudos.

On another note, from the Playstation Magazine...
    I'm not quite sure what they mean by that first comment. Do they mean that jumping whilst running up a wall now lets you travel further? I can't tell. And the second one seems like it's possibly a mistake on the writers part - I've not noticed that in any videos. But in the Classics, rolling off a ledge and into a Badnik/item box that's below will always bounce you back up to the starting height, the same effect as if you jumped down and held the button. Guessing that they're just getting confused on that.

3. arrhrghgrhghgrhghrhgrhhrghghrghgrhghr this is awesome!

Love that screen shot.

Yes, it does feel like the 90's magazine scans all over again (but in higher quality) brings out my inner child... and for that, you guys must be congratulated.

100x more mysterious than a video.

Best of luck with the rest of development!

PS Please hide/scrap some levels for us to find in a few years

4. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Fixed that for ya.

5. Haha that's true ;)

6. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    What happened? All I see is words *Anger rising*

7. 360

Light Vision Overdrive Oldbie
    United Kingdom
    Sonic Neon
    The scans look awesome. Really strong and impressive teaser images. The game's soul is glowing with the spirit of the Classics and seeing these new images makes me excited to play the game this Spring. Also to Stealth; I absolutely hope to God you and Taxman get to make a Sonic Mania 2. Mania becoming a series would be beyond wonderful. Really loving this new look at the game. Spring's not that far out now we're in the new year. So looking forward to the release.

Excellent work guys seriously. Hope we see more of the game as we edge closer to release. :)

8. holy fucc this game gon be sicc

9. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    This must have been what waiting for a new Sonic game was like back in the early 90s. If they had today's internet. :specialed:

10. I can not wait to play Sonic Mania. I leave my suggestions, things I would love to see in the game:

- At the end of each act, the Tails and Knuckles Signposts, could also have the "Yellow" background (like Sonic and Eggman) instead of "Blue" (Tails) and "Green" (Knuckles). And Act Clear's music should be the same as Sonic 1 and 2 from Mega Drive.

11. [/quote] Also ookamikaze, the Sonic 1/2 song is copyrighted by Masato Nakamura and you just know that guy would gladly fill his pockets with the game's entire revenue [/quote]

I know that. But the Green Hill theme is present in the game. Only if Masato Nakamura authorized only the Green Hill theme for Sonic Mania...

I have other suggestions. Throughout the videos I watched, I noticed graphic details that could improve until the game's release. I'll post it later. :)

12. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
  13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

14. Mania on the go? Hell yes.
    Mania with multiplayer using the Joy-cons? Yes please.

15. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    No way! I'm amazed they didn't at least show this off during the montage.

16. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG

Oldbie
    THat's the first Tax/Stealth game on a Nintendo system isn't it? Congrats, that's pretty big news. Maybe I'll buy it again for the Switch since I've already got the PC CE incoming.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Trailer now bears the Switch logo (plus slight changes in footage)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQ1SbHLXlH8

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  18. Turbohog

Turbohog

I'm guessing it's downloadable only, right? (Have they never confirmed if the switch uses cartridges??)

19. Aquova

Aquova

Professional nerd in training Member
    USA
    They have confirmed that the Switch uses cartridges

[​IMG]

As for Mania, I assume that it's going to be downloadable only, with maybe a limited physical release down the line if sales are good enough.

20. Turbohog

Turbohog

Thanks. Man, above all, I would love a physical PC release. But there would be something special about a Sonic Mania cartridge.