don't click here

Sonic 25th Party 2016 - San Diego

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Okay, if he's going to get any audience participation, it's got to be from Live and Learn...

...Nope. Looked almost like he was going to fall off the stage trying to get that microphone any closer to them.

2. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    Finally, a Sonic game I can look forward to and know will have hard work, dedication and care put into it. It's only taken about 15 years, but I can honestly say I'm looking forward to a Sonic game again.

3. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    Johnny Gioeli's favorite Crush 40 song is What I'm Made Of? Excellent, mine too.

Aaron seems to really be whoring Tortino's.

4. They described Sonic 3 as the origin of the dreaded barrel. Lol

5. Okay, that was pretty funny with the timeline's entry on Sonic '06, and how the entry for Sonic Boom only mentions the show and is almost like they're trying to forget that there was a game that goes with it.

6. Turbohog

Turbohog

I'm really felling like Sonic Adventure 3 might still be announced. Hoping... Of course I'm very excited for Mania, more than anything. SA3 and Mania would be insane.

7. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I really hope it'll run on my pc. Please please please.

8. Aaron just dropped the bomb and asked it... And here we go. CURRENTLY NO PLANS (for SA3).

Now the dress-up contest is up and I'm honest to god asking myself; it's 5.48am in the morning, THE FUCK AM I WATCHING. xD This event is a fucking joke. :'D The stream sucks and seems so freaking amateuristic, the audio is a joke, the sound of the audience... WHAT AUDIENCE? It's like a local show in front of 30 people!

The biggest and also only highlight of it so far is the announcement of Sonic Mania, really. Although, no; not really. Seeing the guy in the Sonic costume being helped onstage was so wrong, it was a highlight on it's own.

9. Turbohog

Turbohog

"Hopefully someday" on Sonic Adventure 3. Heart broken...

Honestly, why aren't they making it? I mean, what the hell? Izuka says that he is very aware of the enthusiasm for Sonic Adventure 3. They already announced the only Sonic game that I think could get more enthusiasm. Honestly, I don't understand what's wrong with them.

10. Jason

Jason

*Results not lab tested. Member
    I don't think the Sonic costume has any eye holes.

11. ...What the hell am I watching now? My little brother would probably enjoy this part.

12. Turbohog

Turbohog

The alliance with Hello Kitty apparently makes "perfect" sense for Sonic's 25th anniversary. lol k

13. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    My girlfriend would love this part of the stream. :v: She has about 5 or 6 giant Hello Kitty plushes.

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Something's really up. He's got no idea what's going on and people keep walking him around. It's awkward as fuck.

15. They said they'd announce something "at the very end," and I guess it ain't ever yet, so... hopefully it'll be something really cool.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    There's a slot labelled "???????????????" on the time sheet, and he said "Classic Sonic fans are really happy, maybe modern fans will be later on" and the logo they've been showing for the convention features 3 Sonics - Classic, Modern, and Boom, and the Timesheet has a slot for Boom coming up.

They're really telegraphing pretty hard.

17. Turbohog

Turbohog

Why are they so bad at a livestream? Down again. Anyway, yeah at this point I'm predicting some modern boost title. Hopefully it'll be good, but I've never been much of a fan of the boost gameplay so I'm not too excited.

18. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member
    Sonic Team seems to be very convinced that they know what's best for the franchise. Even after all this time.

19. Turbohog

Turbohog

I know this conversation has happened many times, but it just baffles me. I honestly think Sonic has only ever achieved mainstream success through the classic games (obviously) and the Adventure games. Even as a 20-something now, I still meet people who LOVE Sonic Adventure 1 and 2 and remember them fondly. I've never met any adult in real life that cares about the games after Adventure 1 and 2.

20. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

They relented and allowed Sonic Mania to happen. That's shit loads of progress.