don't click here

Sonic Social Media Shenanigans (This totally just happened...)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Ashura96, Jul 8, 2015.

1. Turbohog

Turbohog

I personally would really dig Sonic Adventure 3. Yeah, I'm biased towards the Adventure series because of nostalgia and the games did have many issues, but I always thought the formula had a lot of potential! Mind you I wouldn't want Adventure 3 to have the same issues as 1 and 2. For me, Adventure 3 would ideally have 3 playable characters (Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles) and their gameplay would be polished. Also, probably a more basic story in comparison to Adventure 1 and 2. But that's just me.

Anyway, I hope we get some sort of announcement soon. The teasing is a bit much at this point.

2. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I can assure you that one of the announcements is MUCH closer than any of you think.

3. Miles3298

Miles3298

I'm personally enjoying all of this teasing. It's kind of fun to watch how people react to some of this stuff.

4. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Works for me!

5. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    I'm not devoted to the Sonic Adventure formula. But I've always held to this and always will: Sonic Adventure is the perfect name for a Sonic game. Just the way it sounds is evocative. So even if they create spin-offs of the name (Sonic World Adventure, Sonic Rush Adventure) I've just always liked how it sounds. For that reason, I'd like to hear it again. I'm just geeky that way. Call it Sonic Adventure 3, Sonic Adventure Generations, whatever. I don't care. Just like the sound.

Gene... Just out of curiosity. You haven't happened to have found a new place of employment that might be of... particular relevance to this conversation, have you :P

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    What, me? Like anyone would hire my worthless ass.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    Gene has been hired by SEGA of Antarctica.

Ben Kalough's legacy lives on.

8. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Someone said it could happen tomorrow... :specialed:

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    You Aaron's Secret In-On-It Crew™ nerds are making me wear tinfoil hats every day of my life.

Also someone on SSMB or something mentioned that 4,1,3, and 21 make 29, which the 29th for this month is leap year day thing. So uhh, maybe or maybe not a day to look out for?

10. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    I was just thinking... 4 + 1 + 1 + 6 = 12. 1 + 2 = 3...

Maybe? Maybe?

While I agree that SA2 was ridiculously overhyped and SA1 was better, I honestly wouldn't mind an SA3. Probably because I've been messing around in the Adventure games a lot lately, but we have lots of evidence to point towards it. But then again, SA3 rumours are thrown around every anniversary (and 06 was kinda an SA3). Whatever, I hope that it actually is revealed tomorrow.

11. Retro_Stew

Retro_Stew

French Twitch Gamer Member
    France
    Twitch channel
    I don't know, for me, Sonic Adventure 3 is Sonic Heroes, as it follows the legacy pretty well, has similar gameplay and a "solid" story.

12. Saidian

Saidian

England
    Blast From The Fast (Fangame)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgG--74XExY

Pretty much sums up my thoughts on Adventure 2, though for some reason I was obsessed with breeding Chao :v:

Been a long time since I've played a new Sonic game in general, barely touched Lost World and never played Boom. I'm still hyped for an Anniversary game, gives me hope they'll at least put some effort in...

13. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    I know we're going off topic now, but to me Heroes was definitely not an Adventure game. Having to spam gimmicky moves to pass and constantly switch between characters for no real reason annoyed me, as did the voice acting (argh Tails so nasal), lack of any proper Sonic moves barring the Homing Attack and how ridiculously glitchy it is. I know people love to bash on 06, but Heroes is far worse. During the Metal Madness fight my Homing Attack would always fly off in the wrong direction and occasionally go upwards, resulting in many deaths. Not to mention the resolution is stuck at 640 by 480 on PC, resizing everything when I run it.

But I digress, so to bring this back on topic, is no-one going to mention the high quality of fanart on the Twitter page?

14. redhotsonic

redhotsonic

Also known as RHS Tech Member
    United Kingdom
    YouTuber
    *click* I GOT IT! "Amy's Love Paradise", announcement on Valentine's Day, released for Sonic's 25th Anniversary. Amy and a very red-hot-sonic...

Anyway. One of the announcements? What does that exactly mean, hm?

I see some people aren't keen on the Adventure 3, and others are. Same with Generations 2. But something that (I don't think) has been mentioned but if they suddenly announced "Sonic Heroes 2", then as long as it's the same engine as Generations, I can dig that :) But again, until an official announcement is made, all we can do is play the guessing game. And those numbers thing, bah, I bet they turn out to be nothing or something that makes us all say "how the hell were we meant to figure that out?"

15. I would die if there's a "Sonic Heroes 2". I love "Sonic Heroes". The music, gameplay, boss battles, zones, badniks, enemies (jack-o-laterns) etc are amazing.

16. Jayextee

Jayextee

Unpopular Opinions™ Member
    Atro City
    I DONE MAKED GAMES.
    Also April 1st is significant?

Also a 4 plus a 1.

Add the numbers. + - It's 5. #inbeforeaprilfools  

17. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Ruby has been teasing the date 4 1 16 for some time now, so yeah.

18. Tamashii

Tamashii

Fulfilled Collector Member
    Pereira, CO
    Sonic Network Crash
    I thought I was alone in that thought.
    And yeah, Impossible Dingo has some particular opinions against it, specially the different mechanics, but it was kind of fitting since there are separate stories, lots of playable characters, some sort of story going on and the million (well, 10) references to Sonic Adventure 1 and 2.

I would have to differ in that the control scheme is kind of clunky (Sonic is unbearably hard to control), but either way, I think it was quite interesting for the time. The music is quite good, but some voice acting is painful.
    Also, I would loved to see more interesting Team fights, but sometimes they amount to tapping the action buttons like crazy without any actual strategy involved.
    Either way, I like the game, but don't know how a "Heroes 2" would end up in this moment.

19. Amnimator

Amnimator

r/SteamSaleDetectives moved to r/GameDetectives. Now they're trying to crack the Sonic twitter ARG and are actually ahead of us by a bit. Anyway, I remember I helped a little on their Discord during the Steam Sale ARG. These guys are pretty good, and if anyone can crack this, it's them. Linky

20. TheKazeblade

TheKazeblade

"Our Life is More than a Side-Effect" Member
    Those lyrics they found... "Don't you think I'm a runner," and "Shooting at the moon to bring the sun up" those seem way too specific to Sonic to be unintentionally pointed at by Ruby. I think I feel safe saying Sonic Adventure 3 is the 25th Anniversary title.