don't click here

Sonic 06 PC Remake

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by S0LV0, Dec 8, 2015.

1. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I can definitely appreciate the massive amount of effort you're putting into realizing the original vision of what this game was supposed to be. Just don't get discouraged. Godspeed, sir.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Same here man best of luck and let us know if you need help with anything.

3. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Socially maladjusted Member
    Sydney, Australia
    My game with an extremely long name!
    You'll always have my support. Even if you do nerf the Gems. :/ I'm interested to see how Metal's going to turn out, though. And I'll probably be able to un-nerf my copy. Hopefully. I feel the ridiculous power was fair, it's endgame and expensive. I'm also interested to see how you'll interpret the Chao Gardens as well. I can't see you doing any harm with experimenting, have some freedom! If it doesn't work out just remove it and move on. But I reckon you already knew that.

4. Gistix

Gistix

I have a lot to do before worrying about adding Chaos Gardens, or at least I'm not really interested into adding it myself as of now. Perhaps by then I would've found someone who is willing to do it.

5. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I would definitely focus on the base game, and implementing things that we're 100% sure were supposed to be there, before adding any extraneous stuff.
    + - I would also focus on getting out a demo of Kingdom Valley 'cause HOT DAMN I'm excited.  

6. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Right, of course, of course. I used the Chao Garden as an example because it's probably the part we know least about. Also, are there any plans for dynamic day-night?

7. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    He showed off the dynamic day-night system in this video:

8. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Did they originally even plan to have the dynamic day-night system to be a part of the game? I always just assumed that that stuff was just supposed to be a tech demo. It's not like it's a fitting thing for a Sonic game to have unless it'd be an open world game or something. A level changing from day to night doesn't really make much sense when you at most are supposed to spend ten minutes in it, which already is an incredibly long length for a Sonic level.

9. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    IIRC it was supposed to be part of the game. They sped it up a ton for that tech demo, in the actual game it probably would be much slower and carry between the levels and the hub-worlds.

10. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Well, the day-night cycle looks amazing. Maybe if it was slowed a tad? I dunno. Definitely can't wait for a demo.

11. It could work, like Minecraft.

Assuming that 06 is set on another planet of course. A planet in the arse end of space.

12. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8RiembdrWs

13. The Impossible Dingo

The Impossible Dingo

Sydney, Australia
    Whoa, Kingdom Valley looks amazing at sunset. Going back to your remake's day-night cycle, I think your sunsets need to be more drawn out. It seems pretty abrupt as it is, and night doesn't seem all that much darker than day, but then again it can't be too dark or it'll become extremely difficult to play. Also, while I'm not sure if there were any hints of it in the code, but perhaps an Unleashed-style "wait until day/night" option should be available in hub worlds. Now I'm making stuff up as I go along, but perhaps a hammock strung up somewhere in the world in close proximity to a level entrance could serve for this? The only type of bed I imagine Sonic using is a hammock, they seem so relaxing but trying to get in one is far from it in my experience, but I digress... Still, I stand by what I said earlier. Amazing work so far.

14. tuanpingas

tuanpingas

Hanoi, Vietnam
    some small Sonic Generations mods
    It's been a while and Gistix hasn't updated anything yet. I started to feel worry about this interesting project. I hope it stays alive no matter how many negative feedbacks were thrown to Gistix and to Sonic 06 itself.

15. Atendega

Atendega

Lesser Sea Sponge Member
    Comfy couch
    Collecting insults
    I wouldn't worry. His updates so far have always been slow, he's probably preparing the next one. I wouldn't be surprised if he releases the demo soon.

16. CSketch

CSketch

The sketchiest guy you've ever seen Member
    That's probably the case, to be honest this is the Sonic 06 remake thing with the most potential and the effort just shows, even if all we're getting is a few short videos of demo stages and test levels.

17. Amnimator

Amnimator

Gistix is kind of known to be a more mysterious kind of user. He usually shows up with something to show then goes kind of silent; this was even before the 06 project. Not saying that's bad or anything, I'm somewhat like that myself.

18. Gistix

Gistix

The thing is that there isn't much to show, so I need to wait and do a handfull of stuff before uploading a Youtube video.
    The next update will take a little while. As I moved to Unity 5 (from Unity 4.6) I decided to rewrite most of my code, and I have to say it was the best thing I could have done! It all works much better now, especially collisions, there are still problems of course, but very minor and not game breaking.

19. S0LV0

S0LV0

Sonic Generations Helpdesk Tech Member
    Spagonia
    Abusing SMPS
    Sonic 06 without collision problems and game-breaking glitches? I have to see this.

20. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    Definitely happy to hear you're having a good time. can't wait to see the improvements in action.
    now start implementing shadow and silver