don't click here

General Project Screenshot/Video Thread

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Tweaker, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    I'm impressed by it and wouldn't berate them as worse looking and poor performance. Clearly the man is learning and sharing his results. Just like anything in the development phase it's not meant to be a final product that's going to wow you.

Looking forward to where you end up with these demos.

2. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    http://youtu.be/pAlWYvvQigY

Need to fix collapsing cliffs, bridges, and checkpoints, but I'm not complaining when it generates faster than the original game loads.

3. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    What is exactly the thing? Is it some sort of modified engine? There's more in there than just faster decompression, but I don't know what.

4. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    You may notice the layout is different each time...

5. synchronizer

synchronizer

DigitalDuck, it's great to see the level generator working so nicely!

6. Clownacy

Clownacy

Tech Member

Little more than a proof of concept right now, but this will come in handy later on.

Playing SFX over the music to prove it isn't fake, because I know at least one numbnut would argue that.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2023
  7. rata

rata

Argentina
    Trying to be useful somehow.
    Oh, so then S1RL stands for Sonic 1 Random Levels? My god, you are awesome.

8. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Not mine, but worth showing either way. Someone is finally trying it:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FAUa3AhBPSY

9. shilz

shilz

getting my daily allowance of vitamin kk
    I have the unfortunate news that Project Trufinish will not be truly finished.
    Upon compile I get errors. The hack was only intended to be a simple hack using only what Sonic Hacking Studio provided and level chunks. I pushed my limits too far too fast.
    One person made a video rushing through without consideration for secritz.
    [media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0sFcxuLTO5Q[/media]
    the final version is available in the mini hacks thread.

10. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Nice to see some 8 bit work, that's rare. Speaking of 8-bit...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The explanation point doesn't doing anything at the moment since I have no plans for special stages.(Any suggestions?) When you have a least 100 rings over the post you get the Sonic post and an extra life.

Those on SSRG know what this project is but if your not, then you may not know. (It was also shown in the hacking contest last year). It's been forever since I posted here, I thought why the hell not.

11. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Not sure what you're planning exactly, but if the answer is "porting Sonic 1 8-bit's graphics, level layouts, and gameplay mechanics to Sonic 1 16-bit's engine so it plays better", colour me interested.

12. Animemaster

Animemaster

Prison bitch! Member
    UK
    Sonic 1 Revelation
    Not exactly, but it's time travel. There are some videos on youtube with the old version. Sonic 1 Back2theFuture is the hacks name.

13. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Ohhh, gotcha. I think I see where you're going with it. Colour me intrigued, then!

14. VAdaPEGA

VAdaPEGA

Freelance Digital Artist Member
    Portugal
    Probably something minimalistic
    [​IMG]
    Who this

15. REPO Man

REPO Man

Chip from Sonic Unleashed? Not a bad game but not a good game either. Take out the Werehog levels, add more varying levels, and redo the RPG elements and... it's a better title but still not a good game.

And that screenshot (PLEASE say it's real and not a mockup) looks AMAZING!!!

16. It looks like new Pantufa design, so wonderful! The art looks like Mario style though.

17. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    I started doing a re-structuration in my hack due to the bad feedback it received in 2013.
    Please ignore the broken pieces of art, lack of music and the 16:9 video aspect.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g_plktRjsc

18. MarkeyJester

MarkeyJester

Original, No substitute Resident Jester
    Japan
    I appreciate the chequer board tiles being done in the shaded grass bits, most people get lazy and stop there.

Object placement however leaves a lot to be desired. Actually, I take that back, I'm actually seeing nothing wrong apart from it being obviously unfinished.

19. Eduardo Knuckles

Eduardo Knuckles

Not a loved one, but the most hated person. Banned
    Someplace somewhere
    Project S.A.M.G.
    To be frank, I finished these, but these blocks in style of checkers board aren't finished yet. There's still some remaning to finish. I'm working the remaining ones right now.

Yeah. But the object placement was just a test for the video. I'm retouching the layout and chunks in first place.

Yeah. I've removed the cobwebs of this source recently. There's too much to work, still.

20. lordxernom

lordxernom

Hail Darkness Member
    Kielce
    Tails Adventure LX, Tails Adventure X-L, Sonic Limbo, Tails Advent
    This hack of Tails Adventure have palette edit, SEGA screen edit, world map edit, title screen edit, music swap edit and small level layout edit in the beginning of the level. Special thanks goes to SupperTails66 for that great hacking tool: http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=35155

Youtube Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hs_H-pChtq0