don't click here

Senntient closing down

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Andrew75, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Wait, we don't have an archive of all the music? Really?

I mean, if that's really the case, then for what it's worth, I'm pretty sure I nabbed all the MP3 files that were put up ages ago, and still have a copy on my home computer (which, naturally, I can't access right now, because I'm at work).

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    [​IMG]

This is my copy of the Xtreme MP3s, am I missing anything?

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    You seem to be missing Death Egg and whatever the ocean world was called.

I happen to have:

Crystal Valley
    Guardian Sphinx
    Jade Gully (aka Space Queens)
    Quake Caverns
    Spiral Staircase (one of the Death Egg sets)
    Teal Trouble (that ocean world one)
    Volcano X

Granted, I know some of them aren't from what was intended for the game originally and were made more recently by Senn. Teal Trouble in particular is really bare and unfinished.

4. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    p.s. put them on the wiki so I don't have to :eng101:

For some reason we have a collection of screenshots from Chris Senn's videos but not the videos themselves (aside from YouTube versions). We should fix that.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    I know I couldn't access the (newer) board where the latest graphics were posted because I wasn't logged in, so I don't think any of that is on archive.org.

I was about to point this out. There should be a clear differentiation between actual X-treme development stuff and the things that were later made by Senn, whenever all this gets archived and documented.

6. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    It's regrettable that documentation comes into play after people have attempted to "finish" the game.

I've avoided most things Sonic X-treme related on the grounds that I just can't determine what's "official" and what's fan made (an that includes recent contributions from Chris Senn himself). It's a huge shame that leaked source code in its rawest form is being kept under lock and key for political reasons too.

Sonic Retro needs to document the real thing, regardless of how playable it is on modern systems. The fan-renderers or patches or whatever that have been chucked out get in the way of that aim.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I suppose this is where people who were more involved in this whole project should step in and set the dividing marker on what came from the fans (Senn included) and what is actually Xtreme as it was in 1996-1997.

8. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Would it possible for you to get a login in time SS?

9. Shadow Hog

Shadow Hog

"I'm a superdog!" Member
    Oh, right, I meant to come back to this thread that night and post the music, but didn't. Well, here it is.

This is my X-Treme music folder as-is, so it also includes the music that's frequently called X-Treme music but technically isn't (e.g.: "Juju", "Soaring", "Time Past"), but which I couldn't be bothered to re-organize. Basically, if it starts like "xnn" where "nn" is a two digit number, it was from X-Treme; otherwise, all bets are off. Also no idea what that ZIP file containing music from some "Metalingus" band is, but it's in my X-Treme folder for some reason, so it's in the 7zip file.

I'd upload this to the wiki, if I knew what SOP was.

10. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    Didn't we have this (music) on the Retro wiki before the music purge?

11. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Sheesh, new registrations are disabled, so now less people can help backing up the info. Great idea.

12. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I can lend my User name and password to the cause!

13. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Awesome, that fills in my missing gaps. Thank you!

14. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I'd confirm if Sonic Xtreme is on the music repository, but I don't have access to it anymore.

15. Adamis

Adamis

Gimme waffles! Oldbie
    Belgium
    Lammy and "Fafnir"
    Thanks ! I had most of them, but I was missing stuff like "Juju".

16. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I guess give it to ScarredSun then.

17. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    It seem Chris is going to make a back up of the forums before he takes it down, however he wasn't clear on if he'll upload it anywhere for us to download.
    I also PM'ed S-Sun the other day in regards to hooking her up with my user name and password, she must be busy and has not gotten back to me yet.

18. GeneHF

GeneHF

Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Yes, boss lady does tend to get bogged down by real life stuff frequently. She'll get to it soon-ish.

19. f2bnp

f2bnp

This forum really needs to be archived. It is an absolute treasure for anyone into X-Treme. If I can help the cause by giving my account info, I will gladly comply!

I also have my very own X-Treme Archive that I can upload, I believe I last updated it in October 2014 or so and it was based on archiving work done by someone else (their name eludes me at this moment). I'll see if I can get around to uploading it.

20. f2bnp

f2bnp

Sorry for the double post, but I've uploaded my X-Treme Archive and thought it would be better to bump the thread than editing my previous post. Anyway, this is everything I had on X-Treme up until early December 2014. I don't want to take too much credit since the original archive was collected by some other fella over at Senntient (whose name I can't recall ATM). I merely cleaned it up a bit, added a couple of stuff, deleted some duplicates and in general shaped it up to be something more akin to how I organize my stuff.

Have fun!

http://www.mediafire.com/download/aa1ol95563zfo52/Sonic+X-Treme+Archive.rar