don't click here

Sonic Runners announced (Sonic Team/Mobile)

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by 360, Dec 28, 2014.

1. This.

Also I finally got enough red star rings to spin the roulette wheel. And it stops 1 panel short of the special egg :argh:
    Now to go through the horrible experience of grinding through the rest of the event without the chance off getting any special boosts because red star rings are as plentiful as diamonds are on the surface of the sun :v:

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Lol they're on to the cheating guys watch out (if you opened the game today there's a disclaimer telling us all to stop cheating)

3. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Alright, so I don't have this game myself, but I'd just like to point out how awesome this music track is right here! :)

The accordion, the string instruments, the piano, the melody, the everything. I just love it! ^o^

4. Fantastic

Fantastic

Born on an island, in the heavens. Member
    If we're going to start talking about music, I think the Vs. Dr. Eggman theme is fantastic.

5. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I find that the music is made in a way where it's not grinding at your ears days later when you hear it again and again and again, if it was chiptune I would be sick of it already.

6. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Its 1.5x Rings again today, guys. Come get your grind on while collecting eggs!

7. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    Just encountered a neat glitch.

You know how the wisp powers don't work when you are fighting Eggman (not the Eggman boss fight at the end of each episode)? Well:

[​IMG]

I activated the lazer wisp just before I came up against Eggman, and I stayed in lazer form throughout the entire Eggman boss fight! It battered Eggman about every second, so I got lots of hits in.

Here's another screenshot from my phone.

Unfortunately the combo stopped working when I returned to normal gameplay. So I wasn't able to see if this glitch would keep happening.

8. Ur2slo :v:/>

1.5x Rings. This is great. I've been complaining about the lack of red rings that you can acquire, does the item that gives a 300% bonus really mean anything in terms of stacking up on red rings?

9. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I had this happen but with drill, and unlike using a drill to hit eggman in a boss battle you just zoom under him and continue on like nothing happened :(

10. Emerl

Emerl

The battlecruiser's boost is easily noticable even on Level 0.
    Also I won the jackpot today, and I wanted to add as an aside that the jackpot also gives you an extra spin on the wheel. I'm not really sure how it decides how many rings to give you though.

11. Well that's great.

+ - Side note apparently my spelling went to complete garbage so I'm going to fix that now :v:  

12. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    The Easter event is over now, without any word of scoring.

Also, today is another 1.5x Rings day. Have fun!

13. This thought just came to me. What do you guys think of chao eggs being scattered through the level for the player to collect instead of waiting for bosses where the chances of completing them one and done diminish greatly later on? Would make the roulette wheel feel more purposeful for those who haven't gotten the battle cruiser yet and are low on red rings + - because fuck the F2P system   :specialed:

14. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yeah, I'm pretty much done with the game. I kinda stopped playing parf-wah through the Easter event and there's no reason for me to go back. I've seen it all making further progress on unlocking things is nothing short of being a con and a chore. Was fun while it lasted.

15. Skully

Skully

I'm still utterly shocked on how terrible Sonic Boom was. I mean former Naughty Dog developers? The people who made two technical groundbreaking IPs (Crash Bandicoot and Jak and Daxter) can't even properly understand the concept of how speed and platforming works. Also, no more Sonic Generations. I'm sorry, I cannot stand that game's controls and anal level design. Even so, what is there to add? You can't add more characters because the game only works around Sonic (and possibly Tails if you're desperate enough to count him too, but that would only work for the classic stages at the best)

Look, I know Sonic is about mixing speed with platforming, but instead of making all of these games where all you do is run in one god damn direction, why can't we take a couple of miles back and try something like Sonic Adventure again?

Yes, I know I'm not the only one who's preached this time and time again, but you have to admit, THIS was where Sega had something going on with the Sonic 3D formula. You can immediately counter argue me before I even say anything with "so why did Sonic 06 happen?", but remember, that game was a trainwreck from the beginning of it's development.... then again, you could argue that Sonic Adventure was a trainwreck from the beginning with Sonic X-Treme and the Sega Saturn altogether, but at the end, we still got a really memorable experience.

What I'm trying to say is that instead of making a game where Sonic does nothing BUT running, why not make a game that focuses on the adventure on getting TO that end goal? Sonic Adventure 1, 2 and Heroes handled this concept the best. I think Sega's stuck in that phase of "We need to show how fast these consoles can process all of these graphics at once", and while that was a cool concept back in Sonic Unleashed, it's being overdone, even on the mobile. We KNOW these consoles are powerful to handle all of graphics at once, just give us a game that utilizes this instead of pretty visuals.

This brings back my point with Sonic Adventure-style gameplay. Instead of just running past stuff, utilize what you have to offer. Sonic Adventure almost got this right.

As for this Sonic Runners game, I'm not looking forward to it at all. It's just another "We're running out of ideas" thing Sega has to offer because you know they have nothing left, right? It's just real disappointing. A WORLD of potential for this character and none of it shown nor probably will never be shown anytime soon. This is why I gave up on Sonic.

16. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    That wall of text really doesn't belong in this thread, sir.

Sonic Runners is a game that works for what it is, which ISN'T a major Sonic release.

It was made to attract the casual "F2P" crowd and the "superfans", while cashing in on the endless runner genre at the same time. You're almost implying you "gave up" (which doesnt exactly make sense - why are you here if you have supposedly "given up" on the franchise?) on Sonic due to mobile titles (I know you're not), which frankly, is silly.

17. Skully

Skully

Just because I gave up on Sonic means I don't enjoy the classics? And isn't this website not only just for new Sonic games? whether if my text fits here or not I'm at least expressing my opinion of how I feel about what's going on with how Sonic rolls today.

18. Neowl

Neowl

feels good man Member
    London, England
    SAIL HATAN
    Heh, how Sonic rolls today (or doesn't as case may be). That made me giggle.

You are correct in your assumption that we talk about multiple facets of the Sonic franchise here, but all the same, "given up" implies that you cannot stand Sonic in any way shape or form, be it the classics, or more modern offerings. Maybe a different phrase would be appropriate, or perhaps a little clarity to which areas of "Sonic" you have given up on.

We've got dedicated threads for discussing the nature of the franchise, and what you'd like it to be. That's what I was getting at. Such threads just don't get much attention currently as we don't really have all that much to talk about, what with the lack of a main series title recently (the Sonic Boom game thread was quite active until quite recently, though), and what opinions a lot of users have have been expressed 'till many are blue in the face (pun not intended).

This is the thread for discussing the F2P mobile title Sonic Runners, and while you're free to express your opinions (hell, healthy debate is encouraged here!) on the franchise, it doesn't really belong in this thread.

If you'd like, I can provide the .apk file of the game for you to try out, if you own an Android device. I'll be happy to assist, as it certainly isn't bad. Sure the F2P elements are a little intrusive in the sub menus, but the game itself plays just fine.

19. TheOcelot

TheOcelot

Scooty Puff Jr sucks! Member
    I'm up to Episode 50, which I understand is the final episode. Thank god!

Merlina is such a useful companion. She's easily makes the grinding more bearable.

*Looks at Ep50-1 map*

[​IMG]

1.950,000 to every section. That sucks! Although it's the first time I've seen 150 in one of the sections!

I'm not sure, but I think Ep50-2 has 150 in EVERY section?

Anyway, once I've finished Ep50 I'm taking a well earned break from Runners. It's a nice mobile game, but just like Blue Blood I've grown tired of the constant grinding with little to no reward.

20. Ok so for those who are getting annoyed for stages that appear randomly that start sometime in episode 40 (I think) I found some cool trick whenever you want to have a high score in a stage that doesn't fit with the character.
    First thing that you'll want to do is activate the sub-character button before playing the stage.

Now if you notice, when playing the stage, if you press the "sub character" button near a hazard (spikes and other harmful stuff) they'll just disappear! But once you use it, you'll have to wait 4-5 seconds to use it again. With this method, every hazard that you're facing on screen will disappear. This helped me a lot in episode 43, when I chose Sonic and I went to Sky Road which is only a level suitable for tails. Therefore, whenever I press the sub character button, "BOOM", no hazard on screen. THIS IS ALSO PRETTY USEFUL FOR THOSE WHO REACH THE "TOP SPEED" PHASE AS THERE ARE MANY HAZARDS!

Try it. If you know how to use it of course.

UPDATE: IT WORKS! FOR THE FIRST TIME, I've REACHED THE BOSS OF "TOP SPEED" PHASE USING THIS METHOD! I DIDN'T EVEN NEED KNUCKLES!
    [​IMG]