don't click here

Sonic Adventure: Beta Chao Garden Restoration

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Vertrex, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Vertrex

Vertrex

Layin' the wax and spinnin' the sound Member
    Hello people of Sonic Retro!
    For about seven or more months, I have been getting into SADX hacking, and so far I like it (although it can be a bit difficult for me at times since I'm still pretty new to it).
    After lurking the forums some time ago, I downloaded a file that the member, evilhamwizard, provided here: Sonic Adventure Autodemo Thread.
    With a few adjustments to the model and texture mapping, I've gotten this far:

[​IMG]
    I used SADXLVL2 and PVMEditSharp by Main Memory

I'm still working on the textures at the moment. For now, I have slightly modified textures from Windy Valley mapped to the model.
    I am not exactly sure if anyone else is working on this, hence the reason I jumped to it since I have quite an interest for things like this.

2. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    This is interesting, did the Autodemo contain a full chao garden area hidden away?

Good luck to you.

3. Vertrex

Vertrex

Thanks!
    According to the member, evilhamwizard, this beta chao garden was listed as "GARDEN01" in the Autodemo.

4. Vertrex

Vertrex

The Chao Garden has been imported, though I'm still working on textures at the moment.
    I also need to re-map the textures to the map so that it matches to footage, but I'll get to that when I finish recreating the textures for the map.
    The model may need to be scaled a bit bigger. The last thing is to add chao to the map.

[​IMG]

5. Catley

Catley

I'm failing to see the point in this. It's an excerpt of part 3. There is no concrete evidence that this particular part was going to be a Chao garden, it was always an assumption. Plus, why do the work of something that was finished back in the summer?

6. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    The fact that it's named "GARDEN01" (the name of the Egg Carrier Chao Garden in the final game) and we have seen screenshots of Chao in that area isn't concrete evidence that it was a Chao Garden at one point?

To the topic at hand, if you're planning on actually replacing the Egg Carrier Chao Garden, you're likely to have a lot of difficulty with the hardcoded object/Chao placements.

7. Vertrex

Vertrex

Hardcoded chao placements, you say? That does sound difficult to deal with actually.
    I don't think I'm currently capable of messing with that stuff at the moment.