don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    My OutRun dreams are dead. Look what you've done to me, Gene.

2. JojHeywood

JojHeywood

Arbitrary. Member
    y'oh boy I hope we get extra badniks for extra end-game content =D

3. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Whose joking? I'd love some more Puyo Puyo stuff in the west. GG Puzzle Mode and inclusion of Sonic all the way. :D

4. Machenstein

Machenstein

I'd sure love to challenge Breezie, Robotnik Jr. and the Music Destroyer in a puyo bean blending match.

5. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

Seeing an Arle type mode with Sonic or Tails would be a sight to see. By technicality they could even use Sally Acorn. If the character roster wasn't restricted to three second cameos from the AoSth pilot episode that is. :P

In terms of upgrades, there's the 8 bit version's extras (Puzzle Mode, extra backgrounds) and stuff omitted from the original Puyo game (eg. three opponent Practice Mode, unlockable Sound Test, several unused tracks). Hell they could include the original game as an extra mode. People are really saying Mean Bean Machine has no potential? I'd LOVE to see Taxman try it (as much as that is unlikely to be approved as S3+K).

Yes, of course. Bubsy 4, here we come. :D

6. I have been out of the loop for some time and trying to get back in, so forgive me if this has been asked or mentioned before, has there been any word as to if Taxman will be working on Sonic 3 and S&K or at least a Sonic 3&K?

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Voice clips for all the AoSTH badniks.

Even a posthumous performance by Long John Baldry.

And no, I don't mean "SNOOPING AS USUAL." That garbage wore out itself years ago.

8. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    Yeah, now it's "Happiness is always so much more enjoyable..."

9. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Read above bro, pretty much that and the Gametrailers Pop Fiction episode explains why this isn't happening for a good, long while.

10. I just can't wrap my head around all this.............. This explains when I was a kid why the PC version for Sonic 3&K (which had Sonic the Screen Saver) when I got to Ice Cap Zone the music was different, as well as other tracks.

This is just horrible Taxman has done a fantastic job with Sonic CD, Sonic 1, and Sonic 2, I would give anything to see Sonic 3/Sonic & Knuckles/Sonic 3&K released. Granted I have emulation and I can always play Sonic Jam, but what Taxman has done I only want more. Hopefully this gets resolved by SEGA, I had no clue how deep this issue went.

And Lanzer thank you for the Gametrailers link.

11. Xilla

Xilla

That one was actually funnier, since it sounds like he actually meant to say it.

I actually came across this recently. Someone made a MBM-style Sonic sprite. Now if only someone did a Wes Weasley version....!

12. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

*ahem* *louder ahem* XD

I also made this one. I'm not sure if they'd work in game palette wise however since they were made before I started hacking. As soon as a MBM disassembly with editable art files is made however, expect big things. :D

13. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Your welcome. I'm actually surprised people still haven't heard about this.

I'd love to see more TaxStealth-SEGA team-ups to remake classic games. Sonic 3k is definitely on my list but I'm not expecting that until SEGA decides to remake the PC collection tracks as replacements or they somehow work out an agreement with all the composers and allow a re-release.

In the meantime, lets get some Vectorman or Golden Axe or remakes of the Gamegear Sonic titles, hell anything right now I'd hate to see this partnership be a 3 time only deal.

14. I would love to see Shinobi 3 and Streets of Rage 2.... as well as a nice updated Space Harrier (Arcade version).

Also what about the 3D arcade titles? Namco released Soul Calibur on Android and it is fantastic, what about SEGA release Virtua Fighter and my all time arcade favorite Virtual On. Come on Taxman and Stealth...... please.....

15. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

We did get Sonic The Fighters remade (though by a different team) suggesting SEGA is open to arcade releases.

16. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Fanbase needs a good smack upside the head. For that and a plethora of other reasons.

17. As long as SEGA will keep Taxman and Stealth around, I'm willing to wait until the whole legal issues thing finally resolves. In the meantime, it'd be nice, if SEGA would let Taxman make remastered versions of some other Sonic titles, like SegaSonic the Hedgehog, Sonic Spinball, Knuckles' Chaotix, Sonic 3D Blast and the Game Gear games. I'd be more than happy to play them all on my Android tablet.

You mean the version available on PSN and XBLA, right? Yeah, I agree, though it'd be nice, if they were also available for mobile devices and Steam, like Crazy Taxi.

18. E-122-Psi

E-122-Psi

True, but I'm intrigued as to what bells and whistles could be expected out of a remastered Spinball and 3D Blast. They're not quite as expandable as the main series (not to mention a lot more polarising). Chaotix is basically half a game so there's a ton of potential there, and people would buy SegaSonic Arcade just for a copy of the game anyway.

In fairness we console gamers needed some compensation for you guys hogging Sonic 1 and 2. :P

19. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    It would be funny if, after not letting Taxman add any extra levels to Sonic CD, they let them have the original Chaotix documents and allow them to make the game that was originally planned, as much as it might have differed from the released game.

20. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    "Finished" or not, I'd cough up for a Chaotix rerelease, seeing as how there's never been one and I still haven't finished it because I hate playing games on my PC and it's unemulatable anywhere else as far as I know.