don't click here

Sonic 1 and 2 getting the Sonic CD treatment by Taxman and Stealth

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, Mar 27, 2013.

1. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    ..................The Hell did I just read?!

Bet you guys were just having a big ole' laugh at our bitching knowing (almost) full well that the final decision was going to blow our minds. Hell I'd crack up too looking back on it. :v:

2. Josh

Josh

Oldbie
    USA
    Oh my god. That was hilarious. And yet...

Y'know something Skyler, you can sit up there on that stage and you can air your grievances and you can reference and rip off men far greater than you, but I'm here to tell you a story.

For twenty years, I have played this game. I was rapid-charging spin dashes with three fingers before some of these people here were even born. Twenty years ago, I first hit that power button. Ten, twelve years ago... some teenagers write, some bleed, they all get a little angsty... but when I needed to think, I played Sonic 2. And even now. Nary a month goes by that I don't sit down and commit an hour or two to this game. My very first game.

It was a game that changed my life. A game that made me the man I am today. The geek I am today.

And so for you people to so unilaterally decide amongst yourselves that all that doesn't matter? To so readily admit that Sonic the Hedgehog will die?

Let me show you people something. It's a few pages back, and it was absolutely ignored.

[​IMG]

TWENTY YEARS. Twenty years of perfecting these levels, of shutting Robotnik down, of abusing mercy invincibility. Bleeding, sweating, goin' to the next zone. And as I speed through those stages, they REEK of TRADITION. This is what I was BORN to do. This is what I live for! And it was IGNORED.

To say that this days-old Hidden Palace Championship is the barometer by which GREATNESS should be judged? A brand-new one-act NOVELTY is more important, more noteworthy than an entire lifetime of strife?

To coin a phrase, I don't think so.

I'm like nobody you've ever faced before. You can make fun of the quality of my YouTube channel and you can talk about Hidden Palace and you can quote CM Punk, and you can do your tired, lame-ass schtick.

I just want you to know that when it comes to Sonic 2... I'm gonna kick your ass. Because I'm the best in the world. You need to see that your little jabs and your insults... it's all Pico games. You can't leave a mark on the champ's face.

Understand... when you play against me... your thumbs are just too short to box with God.

SUSPEND ME!? I'm ALREADY SUSPENDED! SUSPEND ME!? I'm ALREADY SUSPENDED!

3. Nova

Nova

nerds

In all seriousness, hilarious but there's coffee on my work desk now you chucklefucks. Also I'm coming for all your crowns.

4. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Quick someone have Lose Yourself from 8 Mile set to autoplay =P

5. Andrew75

Andrew75

Technical Artist Member
    Project AXSX(Sonic Xtreme) + Misc Projects
    I'd like to see a Sonic: The lost levels type game be made even if it were just a few Zones, I guess only if it were possible that Sega has a lot of the original assets and concept art from scrapped zones laying around.
    and maybe if members from the original teams that worked on these zones were available to consult with.

6. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    The exchange between Josh and Skyler... YES YES YES.

But I'm better than the best in the world. I'm the phenomenal KoH!
    (I have no image to post because I was too busy stealing cars and driving off to Mexico [​IMG])

Gimme until Thursday night and I'll give you something for your paper champion!

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    I finally got to buy it! I had to buy some chap from a gritty cell phone forum a 5€ google play code from Kit Kat promotion, but I got to buy the game! And oh boy, it is awesome!! Been playing it 'till 8 in the morning ( couldn't sleep) and loved every second of it. I'm awful with touch controls and got killed several times at Chemical Plant act 2 by being crushed by the first yellow blocks thingie ( not the one in mega muck, the first one) but I love it!

8. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I SEE THIS THREAD IS FULL OF A BUNCH OF MARKS.

Don't mind me, I'll just watch from the rafters.

9. Twimfy

Twimfy

UK
    Sonic the Comic stuff
    Umm, is this for real? I've got no update available to me and in the AppStore it's still down as 3.0.0???

10. The Taxman

The Taxman

Tech Member
    Retro Engine & Related Projects
    It's a bit fiddly, because back when the emulated version was done years ago, three different copies of the game were put on the app store (US, EU, JP). Therefore, in order to keep it as a free update we had to submit 3 copies again. So the US has already got the update, but the other two territories are probably still in the submission queue.

11. big smile

big smile

Oldbie
    I've always thought it was quite good for Sega to release it as a free update, especially as has enough extra content to justify a second purchase.

12. Rush

Rush

break the madness Member
    I'm sorry but because Sonic 2 is my favorite game, I had to do this:
    [​IMG]
    Thank you again, Taxman and Stealth, it was one hell of a weekend.

13. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    I wish someday we could have a similar thing with the 8 bits Sonic's...Sonic 2 for Master System is my favourite game EVER, and no one remembers it, sadly :( We will never see it but aahh, a girl can dream.

14. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    HiSMS could potentially realise a HD 8-bit Sonic 2 project. Just requires a bit of gumption on someones behalf.

15. Rockman Zero

Rockman Zero

Hello there, my little friend. Member
    Videos for Hellfire Commentaries.
    So, Game Center invites aren't working. Can this be fixed?

16. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Spain
    hm...I might try. thanks!

17. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    The Americans are scarred by the first boss on the Game Gear version.

18. Hukos

Hukos

I was more scarred by Green Hills Act 3.

19. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Yup. That fucking screen size

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    I can assure you it's not just the Yanks who are scarred. =P