don't click here

Sonic Adventure 2 BATTLE PC

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Oerg866, Nov 19, 2012.

1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    It's so true. Enemies spawn right on top of you in most of the shooting stages. I used to think "How bad could these be? I loved playing as E-102 in the first one!" and then I realized just how much bullshit like that they throw at you.

2. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    The good thing about SA2 is that rings don't matter so you can get hit all the hell you want in the Sonic/Shadow and Knuckles/Rouge levels. Especially the Sonic/Shadow levels.

3. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Then...can Stream do refunds? I have to know if my laptop can run the damn thing.

EDIT: Yea I thought not. How stupid.

4. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    Not if you want a good rank.

In the Knux/Rouge stages yes, but the Sonic/Shadow ones you kinda need all the rings you can get.

5. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I'm talking about end score. How many rings you have at the end of a level doesn't matter in the least in SA2.

6. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    Dude, yes. I don't know how many damn times I've fucked up mission 2 on the shooting levels because I have 90 rings and some asshole GUN robot just pops out of nowhere.

Actually, is there a way to increase the drawing distance in this game? I never noticed this back on Gamecube but shit pops up in front of me constantly.

This too. It's pretty obvious how two of Shadow's levels were supposed to be Sonic's while the other two are basically ripoffs of Sonic levels, while Tails' campaign is just shittier versions of other levels. I'm also wondering if Knuckles would've been more useful to the actual plot without Rouge being playable (for example, maybe he could have had Egg Quarters and help Sonic & Tails break into Eggman's base.)

7. Rings matters, when you reach a checkpoint, your prize will change by the number of rings you have. You can manipulate your ring number in checkpoints to achieve a high score. You can even manage checkpoints to earn 20 rings of prize, and end mission 2 early.

EDIT: I'm interested in draw distance too, just trying to figure out how.

8. Sun

Sun

Does anyone know where the save data for SA2 PC is located on the Hard Drive?

9. Rosiero

Rosiero

Mmph! Oldbie
    sonic adventure 2/resource/gd_PC/SAVEDATA

10. Sun

Sun

Thanks. Can anyone upload an 180 Emblem save, just for quick access to Green Hill Zone and Shiny Black Egg?

11. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Completely disregarding any and all history Sega PC ports have regarding this, Sonic Adventure 2 will take any resolution you throw at it with little issue, and I did this with a simple config edit.

1280x480
    [​IMG]

1440x480

[​IMG]

Multiplayer 1280x480

[​IMG]

The only problem I've noticed is that the map screen is misaligned and that any items you collected during a level stay in the HUD for the duration of the level.

Is there any information about who handled the PC port? Because this is unlike any other PC port Sega has released in the last few years.

12. 1stKirbyever

1stKirbyever

http://youtu.be/M1THSjNHwqw

Sure, Youtube messed up the framerate but the game runs perfectly while recording. It'd be best if I could upload the original source file but the size is way too large. The only time I have ever had it messed up was in Green Forest where it randomly drops in frames near the end and when the Speed-Up music ends. (Only when recording)

I may try out 1900x1280 if anyone is interested in seeing that. I haven't noticed any framerate problems though... unless the game was already patched then nevermind. :v:

13. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

It was SEGA China who handled the port, most likely the same studio that handled the Sonic 4 Episode 1 and 2 ports.
    The config tools even look similar, and SA2 uses the same coloured buttons for keyboard controls as Sonic 4 Ep 1 and 2.
    It was SEGA China/SEGA Shangai who handled the 2011 Sonic Adventure DX port, so I'm guessing that these ports have all been learning experiences for them.

14. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    So I just realized today that the final boss is a lizard using a space station as a giant dildo.

I can't take this game seriously anymore haha.

15. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    You just realized this today...

Something that has been subject of jokes for years...

:rolleyes:

16. Ch1pper

Ch1pper

Fighting the Battle of Who Could Care Less Member
    Life.
    Hrm, so while the game plays close enough to what I recall of the GameCube version, there's spots where the game slows down for me.

I find it most noticeable in shooting stages, but it will also pop up in spots during Sonic's levels. Heck, that cutscene in which Sonic and Tails hijack the President's limo? The audio gets hilariously desynced from the picture due to the speed the scene plays at. Would this be due to the Hz? Or the FPS? (And relating to that, what exactly is the difference between the two?) I've tried changing the Hz from 60 (the only one available in the configuration menu unless I'm hooked up to a monitor/tv) to 30/75 in the .ini file just to see if it makes a difference, to no avail. Any tips?

17. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Too bad, I can't run this game at anywhere near full speed, even at 640 x 480. Any other tips and tweaks I can use to wring out more performance? Besides updating my drivers, I mean.

18. ezodagrom

ezodagrom

If you either have a really old graphics card or Intel integrated graphics, there's nothing you can do to make the game run better.

19. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    No draw distance tweaks or anything like that? Phooey.

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    That may require looking into the game deeper, and that ultimately amounts to if anyone wants to or can.