don't click here

Classic Sonic Bundle coming to PS3?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by MathUser, Nov 17, 2012.

1. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    According to PSN stores a game called Sonic Classic Collection is coming to the PS3 on the 20th:

http://www.psnstores.com/2012/11/sneak-peek-november-20th-psn-releases/

How did this go undetected for so long? No idea what games are on it but it may be the reason Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles weren't released on PSN. Hopefully it includes Knuckles in Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 & Knuckles.

Edit:Link calls it Sonic Classic Collection but podcast linked on page calls it Classic Sonic Bundle. Also says a "couple" Sonic games so it may be a re-release of the previously released Sonic 1 and 2.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Hmm. This has never been mentioned ever, save maybe for that old document listing what sega wanted to do with Sony and sonic. I want to say this is nothing

3. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Assuming it is something new, Sega finally did a good job at keeping something hidden. :v:

4. Ritchie Ramone

Ritchie Ramone

Isn't there already a compilation disc out for PS3?

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    That's what the godawful collection for the DS was called. Uh oh.

6. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    These are PS3 games that will be available on PSN, it could be that they had mistaken Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection for Sonic Classic Collection.

7. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    Unless they include something like SegaSonic Arcade or at least Knuckles' Chaotix, then I want as little to do with this as possible. Seriously, compilations of the Genesis games have been getting released over and over again for the past ten years or more (including Sonic Jam). These are way overdone.

8. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    I listened to the Blogcast for confirmation, and they did mention a classic Sonic Bundle, but they didn't mention Ultimate Genesis Collection by name :\

9. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    If it's something new, I really hope it's being made by either M2 or Taxman.

10. isn't Sonic 1 and 2 already on PSN? Maybe this is just a bundle with them.

And the least they could've done is put them on Vita, guess I'll just stick to emulators on my PSP.

But yeah, would be nice if this is something different, remade Sonic 1, 2, 3 & Knuckles or something.

11. MathUser

MathUser

Just listened to the playstation podcast linked on the link. It calls the collection "Classic Sonic bundle" and says it has a "couple" classic sonic games on it. It may be a re-release of sonic 1 and 2 after all. I guess we might find out tommorrow when the NA Playstation blog posts new releases for this week.

12. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    If its just the Backbone ports bundled up then its pointless.

If its from M2 that's cause for excitement.

But its probably just the old ports in a discount bundle.

13. Machenstein

Machenstein

Isn't Backbone going out of business? At least, that's what thought this thread implied.

14. JaxTH

JaxTH

Pudding Deity Oldbie
    Los Angeles
    Jack shit.
    I don't see why you guys think this is something new. It''s just a regular PSN bundle, there isn't going to be anything new in it.

It will be Backbone obviously.

15. MathUser

MathUser

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/18/the-drop-week-of-november-19th-2012-new-releases/

I guess the "Classic Sonic Bundle" is All Star Racing Transformed for the PS3 and Vita. I guess it's a bundle cause they offer both ports. You might as well close this thread.

16. RedMetallix

RedMetallix

Supreme Thunder Member
    A desk.
    What? Don't be silly.
    How in the hell is that "Classic"?

17. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    Because it comes with the character Classic Sonic, with the car from Sonic Drift, the hang glider from S2 8 Bit, and the surfboard from Sonic 3. I know this because my uncle is working on Sonic Dimensions.

18. Sappharad

Sappharad

Oldbie
    It's been confirmed as Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 in a bundle, free for Playstation Plus users.
    http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/11/19/playstation-plus-update-instant-game-collection-comes-to-ps-vita/
    Too bad those were already free for PS+ members when they first came out, so it's nothing new.

19. MathUser

MathUser

I guess the Sonic Bundle must be a PS+ exclusive, which is why it wasn't on the sunday update. The Sunday update stopped posting PS + info some time ago. So it was Classic Sonic after all.

20. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    Being a new PS+ user I don't mind this.