don't click here

Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Saidian, Feb 12, 2012.

Which version will you be getting?

1. Xbox 360

61 vote(s)
    27.0%
  2. PlayStation 3

43 vote(s)
    19.0%
  3. Wii U

52 vote(s)
    23.0%
  4. Nintendo 3DS

23 vote(s)
    10.2%
  5. PlayStation Vita

12 vote(s)
    5.3%
  6. PC

116 vote(s)
    51.3%
  7. iOS

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
  8. Android

4 vote(s)
    1.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    Car made of bamboo
    Quickly speeds by the peasants
    Shogun needs no roads
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENvivsGgVLA

2. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    Any sign of
    Alex Kidd
    being complete? Or is it a character that Sumo never was able to finish?

It would be pretty sweet to get him, as well as
    Shogun and Football Manager
    as DLC for consoles AND PC. Bring the SEGA roster up by 3, which would account for the 29 number that S0L keeps mentioning.

3. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-lTI7xDrMg

4. Barry the Nomad

Barry the Nomad

Site Staff
    Chicago
    SEGAbits
    Beautiful.

Of the 8 non-returning characters, he was the one I was missing the most (love Ryo, but I'm glad he's making a cameo). The roster has greatly improved in my eyes. A franchise classic returns AND current gen IPs get representation.

5. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0SYL2bwXa0
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQWnEcAiDKE

6. ...I need this game. I was going to buy it anyway, but, these videos and the music, I want the game now.

7. ashthedragon

ashthedragon

Sonic Paradise Researcher
    Spain
    Sonic Paradise & Sonic Ages
    What about football manager? not enough data in the game?

8. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    @ Sega bot

HNGGGGGGGG HORNET + DREAMCAST CONTROLLER + ...I don't know what that plane is

9. Iggy for Short

Iggy for Short

I think the plane is supposed to be the one from Afterburner... and yes, the Sega Bot is freaking AWESOME! Same goes for Team Fortress.

10. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    It's the Super Hornet from After Burner I believe.. if not, it's the super tomcat.[​IMG]
    EDIT: dammit... ninja'd.

I mentioned this before somewhere else, but...
    ...I really believe instead of the "Dreamcast controller boat" (as much as I love it) the character "AGES" has, it really should've been the "SEGA BASS fishing boat" instead... Would've been more fitting and would've represented another SEGA IP.

Car: Daytona
    Plane: After burner
    Boat: SEGA Bass Fishing

11. Leave it to Retro to convince me to buy a game I originally had zero intentions of buying. :v:

Question is, what should I pick it up for, Wii U, 360, or PC?

12. RGX

RGX

Animator Member
    US
    Personally, I'll be getting the 360, 3DS versions and PC when it's out.

As for you, it really depends on your preferences... Honestly, I always hated how Nintendo deals with online gaming. Not absolutely sure how the Wii U online version is but I do know there's "no voice chat support" for that version. Overall, the Wii U version should be superior to the 360 version graphics and framerate wise (correct me if I'm wrong). Not to mention, that version may not have as many people playing online as the 360/PS3 versions since it's a new system.

PC still doesn't have a solid release date but if you're patient and if you think you have the specs for it, go for that version.

13. Rosie

Rosie

aka Rosie Member
    No Vectorman, Sanshiro or Ryo Motherfucking Hazuki? SEGA, je suis disappoint.

14. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    + - Sega Bot sold it for me.   Definitely getting this game when I get my paycheck.

15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Same, I preordered the limited edition off Amazon. Won't be able to play it til Dec 15th, but Metal Sonic and Outrun are worth it for me (Metal is my favorite character along with Knuckles anyway). I was going to get it anyways, but still.

Fucking hell this game. If my only complaint is center mouths for Sonic characters, then it's a quality fucking game.

16. Has it been explained why there's no Vectorman, since this game is all about transformation and all?

17. Dario FF

Dario FF

Tech Support Hotline Tech Member
    His name is too long to do the name swap as mel's currently doing, so it might mess with the filesize. Then again, we don't really know for sure what's everything that needs to be swapped to change the slots, it might just be the single strings alone instead of the more complex ones that reference the announcer sounds and such. If we could unpack these files properly and repack them, it would be much easier.

The reason danicapatrick is being used in most of the swaps is because her name is long enough. footballmanager is about 2 chars longer.

EDIT: Well I did some safe name replacements and it seems to have worked according to Melpontro. We'll see if it works all the way through. No, you won't see his face, as he wears a helmet. :(

18. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    Racing Manager 2013
    [​IMG]

19. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Awesome HAHAH! Please consider posting the AAX rip of the OST here <3.

Also, I extended the theme:

20. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    From my tallies, at least around Retro, ASRT is going to be owned on:

Xbox 360: 10 copies pledged
    PC: Six copies pledged
    Wii U: Five copies pledged
    PS3: Two copies pledged
    3DS: Two copies pledged
    Vita: One copy pledged

If you want to race with Retro Bros, Xbox seems to be the console of choice. I'll be on Wii U, most likely. Still debating it, but I no longer have an Xbox (for aforementioned Wii U) and PS3 seems to have been thrown under the bus.