don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. For anyone who still cares, booklet scans for Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Episode I & II Original Soundtrack are here: http://vgmdb.net/album/33576

2. E102

E102

"γ" Member
    Took him long enough to admit to doing the ol' Act Clear jingle. :)

3. Naean

Naean

Naean H.F. (Nez Man) Member
    United Kingdom
    2D. Sonic Fan Game
    Nice one!

Sorry if I may sound stupid, but how do I view the booklet scans in full size?

4. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    So, I made something I didn't usualy do since a long time ago, I tried to arrange one of my midis:

(NO SONIC 3 DRUMS BECAUSE I PREFER SONIC 1's :colbert:)

I think the slower pitch and tempo fits the night more :D

(Is the reverb too strong, btw?)

5. Falk

Falk

Ask yourself if the Genesis chip could spit out reverb. :U

6. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    I put reverb on some Sonic 1 songs too :P.

I mean, it makes them sound better. Game Freak also puts reverb on all their album releases for Pokemon games.

7. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeS3GVMjdtU

8. Where's the True Blue for Sonic CD? The guide to how to PORT a classic game, not to mention a solid reminder on how 2D Sonic should be.

9. Because the list would be endless seeing as how all of us probably bought the game atleast 3 times or so.

10. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    2:25 No Ken, they're just compete and utter losers looking for validation. Fuck yourself with all this "true fans" nonsense!

These "true fans" you refer to would buy multiple copies of a game about Sonic having a wank in a field if you asked them to. Imagine if you actually commissioned a tried and true classic title? You know, like the ones that were loved by millions? You'd have tons of people buying one copy of a fantastic game, instead of relying on a small cult of losers buying a shit game multiple times.

11. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    I was actually going to put in my entry for this contest, but after they mentioned "Receipt must be included", I decided not to. Given the fact that I kinda pirated both the PC Version (Beta 8) + the iOS version and the only version I legitimately purchased was the XBLA version, that would lead to some problems. :tinfoil:

And yes, I believe there should've been a "True Blue" for Sonic CD since I actually paid for both the XBLA and iOS versions.

12. They just released a new update today that "fixes corrupted savestate". I wasn't sure what it was going to do since I already restarted the game to beat it again. Instead of fixing the old save, it cleared the new one, too

13. Mastered Realm

Mastered Realm

-
    Oh WOW. Hahaha man, Sega's been hilarious these days!

14. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
  15. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I already bought those games... 5 times (both combined). Can I win a phone?

16. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    hmm, I'm reminded of the Life savers Sonic promo for some reason

17. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    I may be late to the party, but I finally beat it (iPad version with all Emeralds earned). I was able to get through Sky Fortress Act 1 finally, and took it from there. So sad that the ending is what it is...

I guess we aren't supposed to care about the Little Planet anymore.

18. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
  19. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I wouldn't mind asking Ken about him saying something about Sonic 4 after release other than a wait and see, but know that we won't get much of an answer.

To me, it seems pretty obvious that Sonic 4 is done. They were planning for a third episode but the idea got shelved. Bit of a shame actually as it felt like they got something going in Episode 2. All they needed was to better work in level tropes into the level design. It all felt rather "same-y" up until the second and third acts of Sky Fortress, and even then those were revived gimmicks (not being used negatively here) from Wing Fortress and Death Egg S3 anyway.

If anything, that co-op mechanic worked pretty well when Shad and I played the whole game on Twitch. The lag, while noticeable, didn't impede gameplay much and we survived with only one game over... all the way on Death Egg MkII's boss.

20. Who, aside from Sega, can say for sure though? They may have just removed the ending to give themselves an out in case Episode II sold badly, or they decided not to do the sequel. It could still be made.