don't click here

Sonic Boom-becue 2012

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Jun 13, 2012.

1. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    So, unless you've been living under a rock, you know that America's equivalent of Summer of Sonic, Sonic Boom, will be taking place on Friday, July 13. We've been joking that we want to do Sonic Boom-becue as well, a Retro-specific party (because just going to Boom is pretty depressing.)

Unfortunately, I learned far more about open fire and alcohol on premise permits for the City of San Diego than I ever cared to and as a result our plans have switched up a bit. What I'm proposing is:

Friday: 3 to 5 p.m. pregame at everyone's favorite Irish-American bar and grill, Bennigan's! Stop by, grab a sandwich or beer, and then head down the small drive (~5-10 minutes tops) to House of Blues.

Saturday: 6 p.m. until whenever celebration of Retro at Dave & Buster's! Located centrally (at the intersection of I-5 and I-8), we'll have arcade games, not-arcade games (including a custom deck of Cards Against Humanity), food, booze and plenty of opportunities to talk about how awkward people at Sonic Boom were. I talked with Dave & Buster's, and they'd be willing to let us have the entire billiards section (30-50 person seating) exclusively if we could commit to running a $600 tab between our entire party. Such a tab would include all drinks, food and gameplay cards. I think this is doable if we have 25-30 people show up, so I'd like to get a headcount.

Who's in?

2. Nik Jam

Nik Jam

The Man Oldbie
    East Bay, California
    Sonic Mode: Sounds of the Universe (But not really)
    Looks like it takes an hour to get from ComicCon (which ends at 7) to Dave and Busters by public transit. I dunno if I can commit, doubt I'll need to be at the convention the whole day but it's the only day I'm going to be there so.

But I can be convinced, I would love to be there, and Dave and Buster's is somewhere I've never been but always wanted to go. It's only a 20 minute drive, so if anyone else is doing Comic Con and is driving...

Bennigans is a sure yes though.

3. Skyler

Skyler

Neonネオン Cowgirlカウガール Site Staff
    Hellafornia
    The next audtion
    I'm down for Bennigan's. Can't stay for D&B, though.

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    That must be one of the few individually owned and operated Bennigans left. There's one in Chicago as well. Have a great time at Sonic Boom! Oh how I wish I could go.

5. David The Lurker

David The Lurker

For some mysterious reason... Administrator
    Wait, so we're not allowed to bring our own grill into the Bennigan's? That's upsetting. I mean, I know this really fantastic method of tenderizing meat, shame it's been banned.

You know I want to be there. Oh man the west coast. Just have to figure out a couple things, and then from there...magic.

6. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    I still need to finish raising money for the plane tickets. I'm pretty sure I can stay with A2K and help cover gas.

Though, would you guys be down to hitting up SDCC for a bit?