don't click here

Pelé the Beloved Dog in Sonic Retro

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Melpontro, May 20, 2012.

1. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working
    Pelé the Beloved Dog was taking a long walk in a strange land known as the world wide web. During Pelé the Beloved Dog's journey across the web, he witnessed many disturbing things that no one should ever have to see. He eventually stumbled upon a mysterious website called Sonic Retro. Looking around the site, Pelé the Beloved Dog discovered a lot of information about the ancient blue wind of Soleanna. Pelé the Beloved Dog decided to chronicle his adventures on the site's forum for future generations. This was made easy because Pelé the Beloved Dog received a package containing recordings of his adventure. The only signature they left was "L is real 2401". Pelé the Beloved Dog didn't know who this was, but he always had the strange feeling that a turtle wearing glasses riding a cloud with a fishing pole carrying a video camera was following him. Although everytime he turned around, there was no one to be seen. Although Pelé the Beloved Dog is only in the middle of his quest,he expects the mysterious L to send him more videos. Pelé the Beloved Dog promised himself that he will return again to bring news about his latest adventures. As Pelé the Beloved Dog walked towards the exit, he looked back knowing his chronicles were safe and people would remember him for many years to come.
    http://www.youtube.com/show?p=FI277zrddvA

2. Arique

Arique

SHUWATCH! Member
    This makes Sonic 2006 more tolerable.

True fact.

3. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    PELE! love this Youtube playthrough. your doing gods work man, making 2006 look fun to play!

Also love the latest video:
    Fiery demon monster made of failed Taco Bell sauce.

Seems legit.

EDIT:
    This makes no sense! :specialed:

4. Pelé is the reason why my life has meaning.

On a serious note, I lost it when an actual taco bell sign appeared.

5. Hukos

Hukos

Already knew about this, but that doesn't stop it from being incredibly awesome.

But it just doesn't touch the magic of Professor Pickle

6. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    After Pele is finished with Soleanna, can he please kill Big the Cat?

7. Knucklez

Knucklez

I love 2B 'n' ass. Member
    I wish that instead of having to hear Sonic's voice while playing as Pelé, we'd hear barking and growling. :v:

8. Miles Prower

Miles Prower

Renard Oldbie
    Why is that dog called Pelé?

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    The dog's from a mission where a boy asks you to save his dog Pele

10. RetroKoH

RetroKoH

Project Sonic 8x16
    THAT'S WHAT IT IS?
    And here I thought I missed another inside joke...
    Sad I don't know this, I am one of the few hardcores that owns 2006... Barely played it though. Was gonna try to gut it out, but I couldn't do it.

11. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    You're hardcore 'cause you own 06? What does that make those of us who 100%'d it? :specialed:

The videos are amazing. Such a simple thing (though I doubt entirely simple to execute) is so entertaining to me.

12. qwertysonic

qwertysonic

creating the biggest sonic collection
    Losers?

13. Yarharhar

Yarharhar

Oldbie
    Why doesn't Pele start out on the snowboard in Chalupa City?
    Is there a technical reason? (crashing when attempting to place dog on snowboard?)

14. The 'boarding', 'mach speed' and regular play characters are different character files. He's just lazy.

15. Melpontro

Melpontro

Working

16. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy
    It's about time you registered here.

17. Chris Highwind

Chris Highwind

Statesville, NC
    Slacking
    Hey, just caught your Wave Ocean Generations Mod, and it's pretty fun, if bug-ridden (like 06 :specialed: But at least the mod doesn't kill you for fucking up)

And then I see Pele the Beloved Dog. That's what I hate about 06, a good video of 06 gameplay can make it look fun, but it's not when I actually try to play it.