don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 2 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Chimpo, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I dunno, I'm pretty happy with that Sylvania Castle video. The music is nice, the level design seems pretty fun and the physics look pretty alright. I'll try it out for myself with the demo but that video has me optimistic.

2. Kampfer

Kampfer

The first act in Episode Metal actually reminds me of my long, long ago defunct hack of Metal Sonic in Sonic 2, where Metal started in Metropolis Zone.

3. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52mDkZhs_vo [/youtube]

SC Act 2 - The music sounds like something off of one of those gameshows where you won holidays and little Korean Hatchbacks - in other words shite!

4. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Can anyone comment on the physics or controls? I'm aware that rolling is better and there is better inertia, but how much faster does Sonic pick up speed? He was slow as hell in Episode I, so if they fixed that in addition to everything else I'll be relatively happy. Anyone have a confirmation for me on that?

5. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    [youtube] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0pjzTQPHyw [/youtube]

Music is still shite.

6. I rather like it the music itself. Catchy stuff. though the instrumentation still sucks.

7. Kilometers Prower

Kilometers Prower

no mater wot medoner ses Oldbie
    USA
    The music (in my opinion) is definitely better than the stuff in Episode I (not by much, but still a little better), but I'd be lying if I said your comparison wasn't totally accurate. :v:

8. Blivsey

Blivsey

Charismatic Sonicaholic Member
    I wouldn't say the music is bad. It's okay music. It's just not retro to me.

9. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkDPatb4uSA&context=C4e5740bADvjVQa1PpcFPoenFcTaoc_MoNfwXwaqa5YviLMQip6dM=

Boss is up, seems really easy. But still I gotta say, that's some fine trolling.

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I don't approve of this guy uploading these videos.

But man, I told you the way that boss starts is great.

11. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    That boss music is still horrendous though.
    Would have been better to extend the track than just change the instrumentation you know.

12. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Brilliant! Absolutely fucking brilliant! I hate the game, but have to give credit where credit's due because the way they dealt with the boss... just fantastic!

13. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy
    Before much was revealed about Sonic Generations gameplay wise, this is how I was imagining Classic Sonic fighting Perfect Chaos, minus the homing attack and teamwork thing.

14. evilhamwizard

evilhamwizard

Researcher
    [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTwu9wOHc5k[/youtube]

Some clip from the later stages from a different guy.

15. Candescence

Candescence

Sydney, Australia
    3D Indie Stuff
    The game... Looks meh.

Mediocre to terrible music, medicore level design, terrible first boss, and the tag moves break the game in half. And the visuals are hardly impressive, either.

Yeah, not buying.

16. Black Squirrel

Black Squirrel

no reverse gear Wiki Sysop
    Northumberland, UK
    steamboat wiki
    My god, that boss music.

We are living in 2012 aren't we? I thought five second loops were a thing of the distant past.

17. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    I don't usually endorse piracy, but in this case I very much do! An interesting thing is, a month ago I thought I'd give Sonic 4 E1 a try (beyond the 1 act demo I played ages ago) went to a forum to get a cheeky free copy for PSN, and there were countless threads for it and practically none for Sonic CD! I guess many people thought the same as I did and said "fuck paying for this shit". Having said that, after having played it I still felt robbed!

18. DustArma

DustArma

Santiago, Chile
    Learning Python.
    Seems like Dimps cannot into sun shafts, the way they are rendered makes it look like the Sun is behind to the left of Sonic, when it actually is ahead to the right :psyduck:

19. SonKnuck

SonKnuck

The Lazy Guy Oldbie
    Quebec
    DBZ Re-enactment and LPs on Youtube
    HAHAHAHAHA I just pressed ZERO on my keyboard and it gives me an extra life. I press it again, Another extra life! In fact, pressing the 0 key on my keyboard gave me around 100 rings all the way up to 999. Funny stuff. The 0 with ), not the one on your numpad.

Oh and the game is STILL in my Steam library. Playing it from there right now. Wonder how long it will stay.

20. At least the game seems like a step up from Episode I, although thats not too difficult to be honest :v:. I think the music, for the most part, is catchy (but God that boss music is terrible). I've never liked the synths and I still don't, but its better then what Ep. I had to offer. The graphics look fantastic and from what I've heard, the physics are actually decent. Although the level design still seems to be constant springs and speed boosters. I highly doubt its going to be anywhere near as good as Generations, But I'm still picking it up.