don't click here

Current Voice Actors

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Lobotomy, Oct 27, 2011.

Do you like the new actors?

1. They're really good!

57 vote(s)
    51.4%
  2. I don't really care.

20 vote(s)
    18.0%
  3. Naw, fuck 'em.

5 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. There are some I like, some I don't (explain)

29 vote(s)
    26.1%
  1. PC2

PC2

GenMobile > 3DS Member
    Various Artwork & Music, :smug:
    The voices don't bother me so much as the writing does, but that's improved somewhat in Generations. I do wish Smith's voice was just a but higher (not squeaky Drummond high, but higher than it is now) and I think I still prefer Lisa Ortiz as Amy. Tails, Cream, and Rouge's voices are significant improvements over the previous VA's, though. Shadow would be great if it wasn't for the stupid lisp.

As for the writing... it's still got a ways to go.

2. SteelBrush

SteelBrush

603e Member
    the home of spotted dick, Devon
    Tramadol, Tamazepam and finding a reason to exist.
    I don't know why they don't give cream a British VA. I think an English public school girl would suit her perfectly.

3. British Gaijin

British Gaijin

Go play Nier. Member
    Great Britain, UK
    The EscapeRoute Show
    Jason Anthony Griffith is my favourite Sonic and Shadow. I don't like the new voice actor (Colours, Generations), but I can see why people do.

Espio just fills me with hate. I don't like Tails either. Omochao's voice in Generations is disgusting, but that's just my opinion.

They're still managing to get Amy's voice right.

Edit:
    Never thought of that before, but you're right, it would fit.

4. Ayu Tsukimiya

Ayu Tsukimiya

UGUU~ Member

Didn't he also say he won't do fan voice requests ever again?

EVERYTHING GOOD THIS FANBASE TOUCHES DIEEEESSS.

So yeah, aside from Amy, the cast sounds good much better than they ever have before. Especially Tails and Sonic himself. I just kinda wish Lisa Ortiz stayed to do Amy. Oh well, here's hoping her new VA will lower her voice a bit so she doesn't sound like Minnie Mouse.

5. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

The Sonic Adventure to Advance 3 VA's will always have a special place in my heart, because none of them had anything wrong with them at all, and they sucked me right in to the world of Sonic.

I do also love the latest cast (4Kids were mostly mediocre, and showed promise only really during the final few games). I actually think a lot of how we percieve the characters is not only because of their voices, but more in their actions and how they're written in to the games. For example;

I love the new Eggman, and I think the only issue with him is that he doesn't put rage in to his voice when he's truly angry, however that's due a lot to the context of the story.

We know Eggman is a badass, because he tried to own Sonic in all the originals with dark and sinister machines, and in Adventure 2 he really became the ultimate bad guy. I'd like to feel a little more threatened by him sometimes nowadays. However, obviously as far a character development goes, he's had a bumpy ride; he began losing his credibility from Sonic 1 all the way to Adventure, then had his bad-guy attitude peak at SA2 when he even thought he'd killed Sonic, and held Amy at gunpoint whilst threatening an 8 year old fox. That obviously went downhill when he went all soppy at the end, and got held hostage in Heroes, and in Shadow The Hedgehog he was still pretty bad-ass, but lost all credibility due to being beaten and having to release his guilt and admit the truth to Shadow in the final moments. Since then he's been very comical, but also still being able to balance the badness he has, which I would only be even better if they had him being really genuinely pissed off and out to kill with no holds barred. That's sort of a mix of his voice actors portrayal and how Eggman's demeanor has changed. Pollock did a good job of being angry in the fight between Werehog and Robotnik as they travelled to the cente of the earth, and also when using his final machine in Colours.

6. n00neimp0rtant

n00neimp0rtant

EYES ONLY Member
    South Park, PA
    Creation Kit (Skyrim mods and patches)
    I just really don't care for Sonic's new voice. I'm not trying to be a whiner; his voice just really bothers me. I don't think of Sonic when I hear that voice. The 4Kids ones were good but I still miss Ryan Drummond.

Tails isn't bad. Definitely better than whoever voiced him for Sonic X and Sonic Heroes.

I'm really glad they didn't change Robotnik's voice and stuck with Mike Pollock. He's had to go through way too many voice changes over the years.

Overall I just really miss the DC voice actors. They were spot-on.

7. Spyro Cool

Spyro Cool

I like Sonic, Tails and Robotnik's current voices, but I'm having trouble getting used to Amy, Rouge and Shadow, I just prefer their 4Kids voices.

Although, when I imagine Sonic talking in my head, I always think in Jason Griffith's voice, but I do really like his new voice

8. MysteriousFunction

MysteriousFunction

Screw the rules. Member
    In my room
    Sonic: Unknown Universe, Robotic Souls and other shit
    The majority of them are good, but I think they should have kept Bella Hudson and Lisa Oritz. Also I think Jet's voice is too high pitched, Jason Grifith suited him better, and I think they should've kept him for Shadow as well.
    Also Rouge's new actor isn't great, I prefere her 4Kids actor.

9. Roger does a pretty decent job as Sonic, although at time he seems to be a bit too high pitched or forced and Kate was and is still doing a fantastic job as Tails. I will miss the little MJ yell that Jason did in Sonic Unleashed as Sonic though.

Travis reminds of Dan Green a bit and being that I liked Dan as Knuckles I've no gripes on this one, Cindy as Amy isn't awful but sounds too much like Minnie Mouse. Although now she sounds a bit better in Generations than she did in Colo(u)rs (DS) and Free Riders.

David Humphrey was always a winner for me as Shadow but I thought Jason did a wicked job as him as well. After hearing some dialogue in free riders I thought Shadow was really suave as hell (I really don't know why I thought this), but that one line in Generations made him sound weird, I know Kirk can pull off a good Shadow once we get to hear more of him.

Michelle Ruff as Cream, not really 100% sure but I don't dislike it either. Colleen O'Shaughnessey's Charmy alright, but that "free bee" line is bad, really bad, but Troy Baker does an excellent job as Espio.

Karen Strassman is a bad ass Rouge, and Keith Silverstein is alright as Vector but some lines made him sound slightly dorky (the way he says Sonic in the hub in Generations is one of those lines).

All in all, the new cast is good but there's room for improvement (especially Amy) I'm good other than that.

10. She is probably my favorite voice actress. She's in so many of my favorite games.