don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Classic Release thread

Discussion in 'Fangaming Discussion' started by Hez, Mar 18, 2011.

1. TheInvisibleSun

TheInvisibleSun

OVER THE TOP TECHNO-BLAST Member
    Buffalo, NY, USA
    The Water
    It's probably the "A Sonic Fan-Game made to mimic the old classic style game play has stopped working." part, because it is actually true that many Sonic Fangames end up dying out (or "stop working") before completion. Its like the game is pointing out that "Another Classic Fangame" has failed!

2. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    Shit, I laughed.

Also, I can't replicate it :(

3. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    Always playtest everything and anything you add, remove, or change about a level. It only takes a few seconds to move the player spawn and test to make sure it works and doesn't cause collision detection hiccups, etc.

I personally don't have any faith in my own ability to make sure anything will function properly on the first try. :v:

4. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    I can't beat the first Act of the second Zone, I just can't figure out where the fuck to go.

5. Max Firestorm

Max Firestorm

Pyrodramatic Member
    I found a couple of bugs myself, now I've had time to play it.

In the "freefall" bonus stage, if you get a life (Regardless of through rings or a 1-Up sphere), the 1-Up jingle will play, but the music won't come back.
    In the second special stage, if you have an elemental shield on when you try to jump off the springs, it'll trigger the shield power instead of jumping off. Not so much a problem if you have the Lightning Shield, but annoying as hell if you have the Flame Shield/Bubble Shield ._.

6. Well...thats a problem then.

Because I have learned that if I hit ANY lamppost in the zone, the game crashes.

7. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    anybody else having this problem? I tried on my computer and my laptop and I play through it just fine. Maybe you have the game in a location it can't read and write data?

8. LockOnRommy11

LockOnRommy11

Nope not experienced it myself. Sounds to me like you need to put your game in a place where the lamp post will be able to function and save data to. My game's on my desktop in a single file. Try that!

Also, save data issue seesm to have been rectified, though I did beat the level and reset, so what I was thinking perhaps that maybe if you beat the game in one sitting and don't save on, say, The Death Egg, you'll just be bounced back to your last normal save upon completion. I'll try figuring that out.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    Weirdly, I played through the first release without any hiccups at all (bar the save thingy)

Now...

- That fucking Hydrocity hand won't release you.
    - Yeah, the lamp post thing happened to me as well

I encourage you to fix these issues because it IS a good game!

10. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    dude I cannot for the life of me recreate that lamp post bug, which makes it super difficult to fix. I've tried it on three different machines too, with no luck.

EDIT: also,
    "the file Sonic ClassicFULLrev01f.rar identified by the key (q5ccs9za13p2bvt) has been deleted for a violation of our Terms of Service or our Acceptable Use Policy."

WTF?

11. Azu

Azu

I must be stupid. Member
    Would you mind telling me what is the original source of the Special Stage music? Sounds familiar.

12. Mr. Ksoft

Mr. Ksoft

Anyone have a mirror of REV01? I missed it earlier and now that I went to download it, it's gone.

13. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I've played the first version. I'm on the first level and so far its sluggish, but it's pretty fun. Too bad, it can't detect my controller.

I too would like a link to REV1.

14. Hez

Hez

Oldbie
    I need an upload spot, apparently I cant do it where I was anymore...legal issues etc.

15. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    How big is it? You can send it to me via email though I'm not sure what is the per message limit of my inbox [edit: apparently I have no limit for incoming messages, so feel free to send it]

16. Could you use Filedropper?

17. Miles3298

Miles3298

I think they delete your files after a few days.

edit: So I was wrong. It's when the file isn't downloaded for 30 days. With this game, I don't think you'll have to worry about that.

18. Incorrect. As seen in the About Us section...

19. BlazeHedgehog

BlazeHedgehog

A "Community Enigma"? Oldbie
    You could get a Moddb account. I have a Moddb profile for TFH, even though that's probably dead in the water (I should notify them, so they can archive it).

But I think they'd probably rather something like Sonic Classic go to Moddb's new sister site, Indiedb.

20. snow toilet

snow toilet

I huff kitty litter Member
    Anytime, USA
    Sonic Grand Prix??
    Hey, I just beat the game again and the secret after completing the game didn't register.
    Is this a common problem with some or is this just one of those things where you should've collected the Chaos Emeralds?

I've also noticed some of the missions won't register as completed either.

I just thought I'd put that out there but I just played this game again.