don't click here

Sonic the Hedgehog Hacking Contest 2011

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Spanner, Dec 12, 2010.

1. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Cool. I'd love to see some more 8-bit loving. Give me a bell if you need any pointers.

2. Bgvanbur

Bgvanbur

Tech Member
    USA
    a disassembly, some small Sega CD projects
    So if I make a Sonic universe game for the Genesis/SegaCD that is from made from scratch (well I will reuse artwork from the Sonic games on these platforms) and also in a different genre than typical Sonic games (like Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine), can it still be entered in the hacking contest?

3. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    Pretty sure anything related to Sonic will be welcome. It would be interesting to see a completely custom game. :)

4. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    While I'll be judging, I'll be entering something too. What exactly will I be entering? Well, you'll have to wait and see. :>

5. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Does Sonic the Hedgehog: Extended Edition still exist? The last demo was in 2006 D:

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    It does still exist, and yes it is still being worked on.

7. Hitaxas

Hitaxas

Retro 80's themed Twitch streamer ( on hiatus) Member
    It does? Your signature has my balls in a vice grip, it keeps telling me it's coming soon. But soon isn't soon enough. =V

That said. I might have a thing or 2 ready for this contest as well. Might.

8. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Due to email problems, do not send any submissions right now. If you submitted anything, we won't be able to get it. Google thought that the email address was suspicious and we can't unlock it because it needs a mobile phone number, which Ayla put a fake one in or something.

When we have a new email address sorted, we will let you know.

9. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    I hope you resolve those problems

+ - its not like anyone is gonna submit anything, theres a fuckload of time  

10. StephenUK

StephenUK

Liquor in the front, poker in the rear Tech Member
    Manchester, UK
    Quackshot Disassembly
    I think I might enter something in this one, I've had a few things hidden away that I haven't shown yet.

11. Glaber

Glaber

Has Beaten Sonic Genesis for GBA Oldbie
    I might enter something, though it will more than likely be, "Simple".

12. Jimmy Hedgehog

Jimmy Hedgehog

England - Slough
    Getting the motivation to continue old projects
    May enter Sawnik if I get enough done in the year...

13. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Might as well say this too, the 2010 Results Videos are on hold due to problems with Sony Vegas. The program has just stopped working altogether.
    Sorry about that.

14. kram1024

kram1024

Researcher / Hacker Oldbie
    at home, duh
    Part of the new Team Revamped; Kraminator Special Series disassemblies; Sonic 3 Sound Driver porting guides; KENS 1.5; smps studio; various non-sonic related things
    I am getting a hack ready and am bringing a friend along. He is installing the proper tools as we speak. We will enter a hack we will call Sonictroid (What you get when you cross super metroid with sonic) and no it isnt samus in sonic. You will see when I have videos.

15. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    Good enough. I'm gonna try and just get a video done using Adobe Premiere Elements and see where I go from there. Sonic 2 XL's video was only 1/4 done.

16. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    UPDATE

Just to let you know that we still do not have a new email address yet. I was in contact with Ayla, things were being sorted out however something happened which put everything to a halt. Hopefully the new address will be here soon, because I know that this is an important issue that needs to be sorted out as soon as possible. Still, the deadline isn't until 16th July 2011, but I guess there are some people who like to submit early.

Who else is planning to submit to the contest anyway?

17. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    I'm planning on entering, but I'd better pull my finger out if I want to make the deadline, I haven't done anything in months.

18. I may enter Charmy in SADX, if you allow SADX entries?

19. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    SADX entries are allowed, yes. The contest isn't just for the 16-bit games, it's for anything.

20. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I plan on entering, though it'll most likely be a hack of Sonic Chaos and not Sonic 1 like I've stated before. :v: That is, if I actually work on it or have time. (Work has been taking up most of my time lately, due to someone quiting. But more hours=more money. ;) )