don't click here

Sonic 2 Enhancement Theory

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Mr Lange, Jan 26, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

A wise guy eh. I know how to DEAL with wise guys. Member
    The Land of Waldos
    Sonic Utopia, Sonic Overture
    It would have been a good stand in for the lack of anti aliasing, and it looks much better than bilinear filtering and I don't care how you slice it it looks like garbage. Unfortunately AE has no such filter and the only ones that exist are in some screwed up DOS program and built into emulators. You know in hindsight, I could have rendered the videos using Gens built in hq2x filter.

2. Namagem

Namagem

USA
    Would you consider doing another of these? I find it really interesting. I understand it was a lot of work, and you are under no obligation to do it, but it really was awesome, and I'd love to see your take on how some of the other stages could be "enhanced".

3. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    I will certainly give it some consideration, but I'm not sure what other stage to do yet. I was actually starting an animation project of Sonic doing a stylish run through a semi-3d Hydrocity Zone.

4. Yuzoboy

Yuzoboy

UK
    The dust effects and flashes are definitely a nice touch, along with the sound effects which gave it a genuine updated feel. The fading out of the music as you pass the end post was cool as well. I can understand why the blur would be an issue but to me its a nice effect. Also I don't know if im hearing things but at 1:07, I can hear the wind rushing past Sonic which sounded great!

The only thing im not sure of is the bloom which could have been turned down slightly, but overall I like the ideas in this video :)

5. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    Yes I did add some wind sound here and there. Your ears do not deceive you.

6. REPO Man

REPO Man

Personally, I wanna see 3D (anaglyphic, shutterglasses, etc), so that each layer pops out and certain details. It may need some work, though. I mean, you can't just have two flat layers tinted red and cyan.

7. Mr Lange

Mr Lange

The Land of Waldos
    A novel idea but,
    1, I hate stereoscopic 3d. Fuck movies these days.
    2, I do not have any such 3d glasses to test with.

8. REPO Man

REPO Man

Plus there's not a lot of "things flying towards the screen", though it'd be cool if this worked with the Special Stages from 2, CD and 3, particularly CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.