don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    The gamecube controller option instantly makes this the most awesome wii game ever, 1st party nintendo titles excluded.

2. JLCL00

JLCL00

Outer Heaven
    Human Instermentality Project
    Wait, so Omega/Vic/Hikaru is not on the Wii version but on the PS3/360/DS version? And that's alright, I don't plan on buying the game JUST for his voice, I'm also interested in how they improved the gameplay from Unleashed.

And thanks for the clarification about the controllers, I really appreciate it.

3. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    There is no ps3/x360 version.

There is a DS version, which is what you're thinking of.

4. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Cleared up to Aquarium Planet Act 2... (Wii version)

I'm really not digging how weird the jumping feels. I mean, it's still giving me problem from time to time more than I'd like it to. Fuck, to me, Unleashed's jump seemed better. That's largely been the core of my frustration, which kinda gets in the way of enjoying the game at times. Got a good clip of over B ranks, some S', and about 60 red rings.

I'm not quite sure what I think right now. I mean... it's fun when the jump isn't being ass-retarded, but because it's so stiff, it just feels cumbersome at times. This has gotten more and more evident with each platform heavy level.

5. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Personally I find the 2D sections in this MUCH better to control than the ones in Unleashed, on the contrary the 3D parts of Unleashed felt better and more fluid to me.

6. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Wow, you've really been out of the loop for this game. Colors has only ever been announced exclusively for Nintendo consoles, but it's possible it'll see HD console releases. No concrete indications toward that likelihood yet.

7. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    It's like he fell out of a rollercoaster while the cart was looping the loop and was then featured in the site rideaccidents.com.

8. Penguin

Penguin

Finally, I own this game and the hat that comes with it!

[​IMG]

My singular complaint is that the jump is a tad floaty.

9. JLCL00

JLCL00

Outer Heaven
    Human Instermentality Project

That's...actually a very accurate description of me. Yes, I should proabibly be ashamed for being ignorant about Sonic Colors (just remembered that it was exclusive) but I honestly don't care. At least it saves me from getting over-hyped.

>>Sonic Hat

Does that only come when you preorder it?

10. Penguin

Penguin

Yes.

11. I'm totally gonna wear that for the first few hours that I play this game when it gets here later this week.

12. corneliab

corneliab

I didn't preorder and still got the hat.

13. MegaDash

MegaDash

Pinpricks Member
    Off
    Found the hat being sold at an FYE. They probably sell it at your local Toys R' Us, Spencer's Gifts, and possibly Hot Topic. I'll be getting mine tomorrow.

14. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Man, just finished Aquarium Park. It is my new favourite water level (originally Tidal Tempest).

I love the game. It is better than Sonic 2 for me. It truly is the best Sonic game we've got in a long time now.

15. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash

nope, fuck this review. I just got to planet wisp and now the rock rollercoaster thing. Dear sega: I am not japanese, I do not like any video game where cheap deaths are a core gameplay element. Being afraid to go places in a level because the clear path is not properly indicated is not ok, and no a little warning box does not make a cheap death any less cheap. STOP THIS DIMPS STYLE SHIT. STOP IT. 'platforming' is more than a bunch of microscopic square things over a death pit. This game is just like sonic 4: it is a slide show of everything wrong with japan. Fucking 4/10

16. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Well that was a 180 if I ever seen one!

17. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Indeed!

18. inb4 Suck less, GG

19. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    suck less.

Seriously, what exactly is the definition of a cheap death? In my entire time of playing the game, I think I encountered maybe 3 cheap deaths, and I only actually died by two of them. (there is this amazing blind spot in Aquarium Park where I died by a 1up and there's this really outrageous part in Starlight Carnival where you can just fall for free. And then there's this random ass but devastatingly obvious pit in Sweet Mountain I managed to avoid). Everything else seems reasonable to me. It's either blatantly obvious, or pointed out with a !, sometimes not too timely, but timely enough where you know you need to prepare.

Sonic Colors exploration Rule of thumb: if there's a !, don't go any lower.

20. SomeSortOfRobot

SomeSortOfRobot

Mid-Southern US
    http://legendoflucy.com
    Not really a complaint, but this Game Over screen is lousy.