don't click here

Sonic 4: Episode 1 Discussion

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Cinossu, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Covarr

Covarr

Sentient Cash Register Member
    Trapped in my own thoughts.
    Two stageplays, a screenplay, and an album
    The vines don't control even almost how they ought to, but you'd have to be pretty dense not to at least figure out the concept. Vines swinging back and forth is a lot more intuitive than a barrel that floats up and down.

2. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Ok I can't get the timing of the first part of the mad gear boss right. I keep hitting the fucking balloons.

DAMN YOU METROPOLIS ZONE BOSS! DAMN YOU!

3. Patback

Patback

oh god, this 7'th emerald stage is driving me mad...

4. Jay T.

Jay T.

It takes an idiot to do cool things... Member
    Don't the vines work pretty much the same way the ropes did in Sonic Rush in Night Carnival (or whatever the level is called)? The only major difference I remember is that you grab the rope when it's already set, so you can get a pretty good jump off the first swing.

5. Kyuu

Kyuu

Memory Access Violation Member
    OH DEAR GOD FINAL BOSS BREAKING THE FLOOR DID NOT SEE THAT COMING FUCK

That said...

I can't even imagine how hard it would be with iPod or motion controls. I almost beat it on 360 but accidentally unpaused and hit a goal sphere :(

6. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    The problem with the vines is that you have to jump AFTER the swing has hit the apex. Which makes no sense, but whatever.

7. Patback

Patback

I'm. Still. Fucking. On. It.

/rage

8. Quexinos

Quexinos

Since 1997 Oldbie
    Yep as I said before, the original bosses are HORRIBLE. They're just plain unfair and that's not how a game should work. It should rely on skill and not luck. There's no pattern to any of them and there's waaaay to many cheap shots, especially with the final boss. I don't know WHY they thought that'd be a good idea.

Nope, caught on pretty much right away.

9. Patback

Patback

oh my god, finally got it. Now to go get my avatar awards. I really am enjoying this game though.

10. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    I just noticed something. Mad Gear Zone Act 3 is one of the only levels in the game that does the classic Sonic gimmick idea right. It's the only act in the game that combines gimmicks from previous acts (Steam vents, warp tubes, wall chasing, and cogs), and uses them all together. Most of the other levels only use one aspect at a time depending on each act.

11. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    [​IMG]

Oh yeah, baby.

12. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    There is something incredibly disturbing about that image. I halfway expect to find that thing in my closet with a fire axe.

13. Eggman Crusher

Eggman Crusher