don't click here

Dear Sega: HOW FUCKING HARD IS IT TO PREVENT YOUR SHIT FROM LEAKING?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Willie, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Namo

Namo

take a screenshot of your heart Member
    So, it's in Unleashed/Colors style? Awesome. Does that engine support camera rotation? Most of what I see in Sonic Coleashed is Sonic's back. Sniff... why doesn't Sonic look me in the eye anymore...?

2. TimmiT

TimmiT

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Member
    Seeing how the SEGA staff already talked about it, this should probably be revealed very soon.
    I really like the idea for this, so I'm excited to see what it looks like.

3. Jen

Jen

#lapidot Moderator
    England
    Various drawings
    Same here, because I hate that fucking boost button, to be completely honest. I was really expecting, and hoping, for this to be closer to the Adventure style of gameplay though; especially as it's implied that some of the levels from Adventure may be in the game, and I think that the Adventure style generally would be better suited to the classic levels (SA1 plays the closest to the classics out of any of the 3D Sonics, IMO). I'm still really interested to see how this goes though - even if it's not exactly how I'd have liked it to be in some ways, it'll probably still be awesome given how good Colours is looking.

4. Compsense

Compsense

NC, USA
    some dance album or summat
    Any engine can support it, it's just a matter of programming the camera to behave in that matter at certain points in the levels. It's not much different than the camera rotating around the character in normal 3D, really.

Also, someone before mentioned how the Hedgehog Engine is what supported the 2.5D camera rotation; I don't know if Polygon Jim already got to you, but as I understand, the Hedgehog Engine was the graphics renderer, and had nothing to do with the physics, camera, or etc. It's also limited to the 360.

5. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Whelp, you guys have been begging for it for the past 12 years, and now it's finally happening! You're getting exactly what you've always wanted: The same old shit in 3D with inferior game mechanics. Rejoice, you deserve it!

Also, fuck this Mario vs. Sonic shtick. The two had a rivalry going that lasted for all of 4 years, and I guess that somehow justifies the merging of two entities that mix about as well as prune juice and heroin. This shit can't blow over fast enough.

6. Namo

Namo

Ah, ok, I thought the Hedgehog Engine was the actual movement and physics and such. Wait, I thought someone said Colors was using the Hedgehog engine?

7. Aerosol

Aerosol

Not here. Moderator
    Not where I want to be.
    Sonic (?): Coming summer of 2055...?
    Incorrectly, I think.

8. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Don't count me in on that. All I wanted was....

Classic gameplay (and physics)
    Original levels
    Excellent level design

And I think that speaks for alot of others.

I suppose Sonic Megamix is only going to be the best substitute.

9. Namo

Namo

Amazing how you know all this before the game's even out yet. Do your future-telling powers predict you not being a total cunt in the near future?

10. Sparks

Sparks

Sondro Gomez / Kyle & Lucy

I just remembered.

Sonics 20ths Anniversary is next year. :psyduck:

+ - yes this is relevant to the anniversary game >_>  

11. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    No one else in this thread seems to have any qualms with postulating the nature of this game based on what little information we have. I guess that's only worth calling out when people start raining on parades, though!

Incidentally, I'm getting a premonition here, depicting your tongue betwixt the luminous folds of my anus. Let's keep that on the DL, though.

12. Scarred Sun

Scarred Sun

Be who you needed when you were younger Administrator
    Tower 8 ️
    Welp, this.
    Christ, this thread has devolved into stupid.

Now that we have clarification on the Sega of Spain source, can we please wait until we hear something else?

13. Namo

Namo

Touche, Ritz. Touche.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.