don't click here

question regarding ending data

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by InsaneSonikkuFan, Aug 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. InsaneSonikkuFan

InsaneSonikkuFan

master ninja Oldbie
    would it be possible to copy the "slideshow" data at the end of sonic 2, and have that run in-between each level?
    the only reason I ask is because if it IS possible, then someone can put different images at the end of every level before the next one, essentially making a story...

I also posted this over at CulT. I just want to get as many people's input on this as I can. And I hope this is the right forum for this.

hivebrain offered the following response:
    is the slideshow art compressed? and is the location of this stuff even known? I know iceknight (I think) did an edit where he colorized the ending, so I know at least mild editing is possible, I wish he wasn't working at his summer job so he could offer his input...

2. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    Nemesis compression. The location is in TSDC.

The colourised version is on Nemesis' site. (I know because I got it when I grabbed his site with Fget.)

3. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    If it is an object, I can easily program it for you. Thanks to my new mappings editor, you can now also draw your own cutscenes in different sizes.

The only problem is...... :P no prblems at all. This is too easy.

4. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Easy for YOU maybe. The rest of us are chocolate teapots. I'm on the verge of leaving here, there's better places I can be where I'm a little more useful.

5. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Hey Quick Man. I'm really close to give out all my info since PACHUKA has left the community. I just want to be sure he doesn't come back first.

6. Rika Chou

Rika Chou

Tech Member
    *sigh* It's a shame you two never got to work out your differances....

7. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    It's a shame but you can't say that it was expected. I had a run-in or two with Pachuka and can say that he is the sole reason I stopped going to Cult. Although I hear that he's gone from there too and it's a much better place now I haven't been over there recently to check it out.

8. InsaneSonikkuFan

InsaneSonikkuFan

master ninja Oldbie
    man, I wish I knew how to do this stuff. I'd appriciate your help, l0st.

9. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    LOst, you constantly preach about how you hate politics in this community, and yet with this attitude you have, you seem to be one of the main instigators of it. Hypocritical, no?

You should sort that out and be more mature about it. Support your own cause, don't oppose it.

10. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    *steps out of the way of another offtopic ranting contest*

11. Quickman

Quickman

omg porjcet
    Under my definition of "offtopic" which I proposed in Simon's topic, the question of LOst's hypocrisy is entirely ONTOPIC since we got there from the original topic by a series of steps.

12. Ultima

Ultima

Games Publisher Tech Member
    London, England
    Publishing mobile games!
    I would like to add that LOst and myself are friends, and that this isn't in any way, shape, or form? intended to turn into a "ranting contest". I'm sure both parties are mature enough to settle the matter in an intelligent way. Don't be so rude as to insult both mine and LOst's maturity.

13. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    I think that is what made it OT. But, if you think it is perfectly acceptable, go ahead and let Simon decide.

14. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    I want to help you! I really do!

When I first started programming Sonic a year ago, I ended up working for a guy called perfect chaos. You know how that ended.

I don't want to change the way Sonic works. I want to old feeling and the old rules. Making Sonic 2 more like a movie is not destroying the old feeling. Making Silver Sonic into some stupid creature called Doomsder Gay 4000 is destroying the feeling of Sonic, and that perfect chaos wanted me to do that.

15. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    You've only been programming Sonic for ONE year??!! Had me fooled.

16. Hivebrain

Hivebrain

Administrator
    53.4N, 1.5W
    Github
    Nope. The mappings are compressed and use a different format, like the title screen.

17. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Yea, I haven't looked into that format yet. I will add it to LOst Library later.

18. InsaneSonikkuFan

InsaneSonikkuFan

master ninja Oldbie
    well, at least we can have half the ending run at the end of every level... *hangs head*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.