don't click here

Retro Channel & S1@SAGE2010

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Cinossu, Aug 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. theocas

theocas

Tech Member
    Yes, I know about that, but I meant that the savestate function within the Emulator is disabled, as if you were playing on real hardware.

2. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    Come on then. Lets see if you can knock me off the top spot. :)

[​IMG]

On anther note. Has anyone else realised that there is a seventh special stage. I missed getting an emerald in a special stage and when it came round to getting the last one. I was in a special stage that I have never seen before.

3. Tidbit

Tidbit

I never noticed that, were you doing a full play through? Maybe we could expect a Super Sonic soon?

4. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
    I'd assume that would be left to a Retro Channel version of Sonic 2. Cinossu already said that the content of this hack is final and only bugfixes will be added.

5. Tidbit

Tidbit

Yeah I suppose your right on that one. And maybe a 7th special stage is just being added for shits and giggles.

6. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Sonic the Hedgehog Extended Edition
    Actually guys, I don't know about this seventh special stage either :P buggy bug bugs~

7. Tidbit

Tidbit

How can a special stage be created entirely from bugs? I find it very unlikely that bugs can add an entire special stage with a doable layout :P.

8. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    [​IMG]
    I thought this would have been the first clue.

9. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    The funny thing? That was a mistake I forgot to fix too.

I'm actually being deadly serious here. This wasn't a hack to add things such as new levels/special stages (bar Boss Attack). There shouldn't be anything new. I'll look into this, but expect this mysterious 7th special stage to be removed in the bugfix, as it really isn't meant to be there.

10. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    seriously, how the hell do you guys get such low times in the special stages?

11. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Close your eyes and mash all the keys. It's the only way.

12. steveswede

steveswede

Ask my hand
    Fighting against the Unitary State of Europe
    well it's there. I missed the 3rd emerald and went to get it again as got the rest first time and ended up somewhere new. It's a more narrow, closed off special stage, which I'm sure many of you lot know that the 3rd special stage isn't. Has anyone else noticed it? I also went to check the original Sonic 1 to see if it was part of that (doing special stages through level select) and I didn't come across it. I would be interested to know if anyone else has been in it yet.

EDIT:

LOL forget what I said. I decided to go through again to get to this stage but what has happened is that all the special stages get looped again without taking any consideration what emeralds you have. I realised that when I paid more attention to the level layout and then saw the blue emerald.

So it's just a simple bug. And there was me just thinking that this hack unlocked a 7th special stage that the devs hid away in the rom.

I feel such a tool for opening my gob now.

Still would have been sweet to have come across a secret like this in this hack.

13. footbigmike

footbigmike

I don't take challenges well. Especially after I beat steve's time by over a second, only to see Prof's be even better. Much profanity was shouted. So I played.

[​IMG]

<3

I guess I should go on to the next special stage now, huh?

EDIT:

[​IMG]

And so I did. I wish I was this good at the actual levels. :(

14. MarkoMan

MarkoMan

In memory of Dreds... Member
    Queens, NY
    Sonic 2 Turbo
    That sounds like a solid strategy for getting the best time for the Final Boss. Like, is there a pattern for where Robotnik shows up or something? Or do you just guess right 8 times?

Spring Yard Act 3 hates me. I haven't failed at failing at that stage in the full game playthrough.

15. No, but I have a strategy. ;) I would show it if Gens/GS (II) had (re)recording.

16. So my friend challenged me to beat his time of 32 seconds on Scrap Brain Zone Act 3 and well, this happened.
    [​IMG]
    And yes I do plan to make sure he never forgets it. What I really wanna know though is what manner of voodoo magic Thorn performed to finish in 0"19"10 seconds.

17. Jdogg

Jdogg

My god this name sucks. Member
    Beyond the door
    Sonic - Code Gray
    For a strategy on the final boss, I tend to stand around center point and expect Robotnik to show up on the left; that way if he shows up on the right instead I still have time to rush over and hit him. Of course this strategy ain't flawless, but it works for me a good 85% of times.

18. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    A flawless strategy doesn't exist because of the random factor involved. Basically, if the two central pistons come down, you have to rush to one side, and if you take the wrong side, you miss Eggman. There's no way to work around this though, because if you wait to see where's Eggman, you get crushed.

19. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    [​IMG]

Finally back to my PC and managed to make this work. This is the greatest thing ever.
    And thanks to this I found out there are 6 Badniks I didn't know of in Marble Zone.

Now let's see if I can get some other record by the end of the day.

20. Cinossu

Cinossu

Administrator
    London, UK
    Note to self: create web banner cards for people to use (and save) so the board isn't flooded with huge images of the leaderboards

:x

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.