don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    I believe so, yes.

And I think it's better for that, honestly. The jump dash wasn't that useful in Unleashed, but that's mostly because you had to drain your boost bar to get it, and that almost NEVER happens. In other games, jump dashes cause you nothing but trouble, especially when you need to be precise with your jumps in a tiny platform section. So you try to salvage a terrible jump with it, only to completely overshoot it, basically. I think the only time they were remotely useful is when you tried to use it to pick up some speed, but that doesn't even work half the time.

The double jump they added here should really make the platforming a lot easier, even if it is more than likely a band aid for floaty physics. :v:

EDIT: Figured I'd just leave this here while I'm at it:

Hopefully the later levels will get more intricate, then. Still, sounds pretty tasty so far!

2. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
  3. Demi

Demi

Oldbie
    To everyone in this thread: What is your opinion of this game so far?

Personaly I think it looks like great fun. I can't wait for this.

4. So far for me all signs point to an awesome game! I am really looking forward to this one.

5. Gerkuman

Gerkuman

Northampton, UK
    3rd Year University Project (Not Sonic related)
    Well, having a game made up of Unleashed-Day style gameplay is welcome... if they fix the problems that the day stages in Unleashed had. That is to say, the fact that Sonic was too far to the right, so it was really hard to see the obstacles before they were too late. That, and they need to tighten the controls a little bit. Sonic was way too sensitive in that game.

Otherwise, I'm looking forward to it. :)

6. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Haha, Right Said Fred's Wonderman in the background. SOS is now 10% less autistic in my eyes.

7. Nova

Nova

In reference to the above post, Summer of Sonic is not just made up of the asshats and idiots of the community. It's kind of irritating to see those kind of comments from people who didn't attend, you know? It was an awesome day, but enough of that.

Sonic Colors looked pretty damned good on the Wii - I didn't get a chance to play that version, but the DS version is basically Rush 3 which is more than welcome. The more I watch Unleashed and Colors (The Wii version), the more it seems those two games are basically the Rush series in 3D.

Also, the demo level was very edible. CAKES. CANDY CANES. COOKIES. Delicious.

8. SF94

SF94

Tech Member
    I think the Wii version looks great, and I definitely look forward to playing it. The problem with that is, though, that I don't have a Wii. :v:

Other than the fact that I probably won't be playing it any time soon, it looks really fun.

9. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    Played Wii and DS versions, will be uploading a writeup soon for the front page, but tl;dr - FUCKING AWESOME.

10. VB.NET

VB.NET

United States
    Learning C++
    Around 0:23 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az_DCSXM9PQ

Isn't that a Jump Dash?

11. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

12. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

Professional Electromancer Oldbie
    Guys all this feedback has done is made me more excited about a game I'm already massively excited about. What's crazy is that this game is getting near universal praise, from een the harshest critics. Even people who were hard on unleashed seem to love this game.

It's fucking bizarre, it's like the last decade never happened.

13. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I'll wait and see. While everything looks great so far, some things could go tits up.

14. Actually, I have heard of a real reason to why this is all happening.

Supposedly, up till Sonic 4 and Sonic Colors... all the Sonic games had different directors.

This would definitely explain why the games prior to now had no "real" direction, were vastly different, and not exactly Sonic's style, because each director had a different way and vision to solve the issues with him.

Then Takashi Iizuka decided to take the reigns of the entire series, and thus we get this seemingly renewed focus.

To me, that relieves me to know that this man has decided to take the helm what was to many a hated/disjointed franchise, and breathe new life into it once again.

15. Willie

Willie

Each day the world turns Laugh 'til it all burns Member
    I always felt that the series had focus with the Adventure games but then once Heroes released, it completely lost focus and Sonic Team began putting less effort into their games. Glad to hear the series has actual focus now.

16. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

er, didn't the director for the 360/ps3 version of unleashed leave sega for square-Enix?

yeah I agree. I think with adventure, they had something fun but flawed, and rather than fixing it's flaws they began starting from scratch every game. The sonic series has had no definition of what 3d sonic was since the adventure days. Rules shifted wildly from one game to another, and there was no guarantee that what one game did right would translate to the next.

The stability between unleashed and colors is refreshing as hell.

yeah I agree. I think with adventure, they had something fun but flawed, and rather than fixing it's flaws they began starting from scratch every game. The sonic series has had no definition of what 3d sonic was since the adventure days. Rules shifted wildly from one game to another, and there was no guarantee that what one game did right would translate to the next.

The stability between unleashed and colors is refreshing as hell.

17. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Yes, that was Yoshihisa Hashimoto. Iizuka has pulled some crap in the past (Sonic Lightning...) and he's directing the so far less-than-stellar S4.I'll wait and see how this all pans out, but a least Colours looks great. Is there a source saying that Iizuka has decided to take the reigns of most of the series now?

18. Actually, its in Nintendo Power's Sonic Colors blowout:

19. Cooljerk

Cooljerk

lol poor guy. Being the man behind all things hedgehog must mean being on the receiving end of a lot of hate.

20. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Not if he makes the franchise good again. Colors looks excellent and Sonic 4 looks... ok, which is more than can be said about a lot of Sonic games made since Sonic Adventure 1