don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeah I guess so. I don't mean he should be mysterious in an obvious way.
    What I should have said is that he should be a fairly complex character who is straightforward, but sometimes his actions imply that there was some kind of event in his past.He should never physically say it though, if you see what I mean. Kind of like a subtle hint for those who look closely enough.

2. Has Kate ever done a male voice? I've heard her dozens of times and she's a versatile voice actress however they've only been female.

3. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    If you go back a few pages, there's a voice reel for her. She does like, two boy voices, the first one I can see being Tails (actually, I think they're both the same character).

Ahh screw it, I'll go get it. http://katehiggins.com/voiceover/Animation.mp3

4. ShenziSixaxis

ShenziSixaxis

Excellent post! Exactly what I've been thinking! I can't possibly think of what Sonic would hold back, though, with that personality. Any idea on that?

5. I can see both of those boyish voices being Tails, but I like the first one better since the second one reminds me too much of Palant.

Scartillery got everything right about the characters in that post there.

6. I'm not exactly sure what he'd be holding back. I guess thats the point, we don't know much about him at all. It would be better if we didn't know what that "thing" is, it would make him more mysterious (in fact it doesn't have to be anything, but it can be implied by his behaviour).

7. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    I started playing naruto : broken bond yesterday and I keep thinking of sakura's voice on tails lol, I know she would change her voice a little for another character but it makes me chuckle a bit.

8. The Pulse

The Pulse

GLUTHAWK, KING OF THE HAWKS Member

9. I know what you mean.

Although I logged so many hours in Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4 before my Action Replay disc cracked that I'm sort of imagining Tails with Sakura's Japanese voice instead.

10. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member
    Personally, I've never thought of Sonic as being average intellectually. Considering he's dealt with a mad scientist that has an IQ of at least 300 from day one, I'd say that he's at least above average. I mean, if he were only average, then you'd think Robotnik would have outsmarted and defeated him a long time ago...

11. Dark Sonic

Dark Sonic

Working on my art!
    Nah I'd think that Sonic has average intellect. Eggman may have a high IQ, but he's pretty stupid and predictable. Plus Eggman's even been able to trick Sonic on a couple of occasions (I can think of the Unleashed intro scenario for one). But Sonic is a clever one, and I think that is one of the ways he manages to kick Eggman's ass all the time

12. Referring to Scar's post:

No. Nonononono. There is so much I don't agree with.

1. Although Sonic's friends do get kidnapped on a daily basis, Sonic shouldn't be completely indifferent to Robotnik's shenanigans. Sonic showing emotion is a good thing, just not in copious amounts. He's a teenager, remember? A 15-year-old teenager as wild as Sonic can be should be prone to occasional emotional outbursts with the right provocation.

2. While Sonic isn't dumb, he shouldn't be the strategist. Sonic is the series' definition of Chaotic Good: He does what he wants when he wants, with little regard for his own safety, but with everyone else's best interests in mine. Taking the time to make a detailed gameplan should be Tails' job, otherwise Sonic should play it by ear (And feet). That's not to say he can't think tactically.

13. phoenixwright7

phoenixwright7

Cry, and my whip will accommodate! Member

Eh... I wouldn't say that Robotnik is predictable... At least not in comparison to some other villains like Bowser.

Of course Robotnik has been able to trick sonic a couple of times, He's got an IQ of 300. It's the fact that he hasn't been able to trick Sonic in every game that leads me to believe that Sonic's above average. If I remember correctly, an average IQ is between 80 and 100, so I'd say that Sonic's got an IQ that's a little above 100. Tails probably has an IQ around 200 or something. That's just how I see things though *shrugs*

14. Average IQ is always centered on 100.

15. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Scientists are often pretty easy to fool, this is primarily down to their tendency to seldom have to deal with deceit.

I've always thought of Sonic as being an unusually thoughtful extravert, but Sega always just seems to portray him as a bit of an airhead.

16. ShenziSixaxis

ShenziSixaxis

The way I see it: Robotnik/Eggman has book smarts. Sonic has street smarts.

17. 1. I see what you mean. What I meant, and should have said, was, he isn't afraid of Robonik's various contraptions and remains calm for the most part.

2. By strategist I meant he should call the shots. His style is chaotic and unpredictable, but in situations where multiple others are involved, he should take charge and tell them what to do and where to go etc. He should at least attepmt to predict what Robotnik may do, but occasionally he can be wrong. Seeing as he's been dealing with Robotnik the most, he should be the one who knows how to deal with him the most effectively.

Apologies for poor phrasing.

18. Spanner

Spanner

The Tool Member
  19. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Wait. . . THAT'S Roger? Errm, yeah, that's definitely not what I thought he'd do. Really needs to work on that, because right now that sounds worse than Jason. :( That's not what he sounded like in the auditions, right?

"WHO-HOAAA! Check out the CONSOLES! HWOOA! LET'S GO!"

Go for more of a Bugs Bunny, Roger, and less of a far-out tubular surfer dude, okay? ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.