don't click here

Roger Craig Smith and Kate Higgins are the new Sonic and Tails VAs

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Azookara, Jul 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ayla

Ayla

I shat on your desk ^^ Oldbie
    West Linn, OR
    Hacking Contest, StH Overlooked, Personal Indie game
    This was my thought, but Sega makes too much money off idiots like us that buy their shoddily put together games. Speculation is speculation, though. I hope it's something cool and not just more retarded hype.

2. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

I doubt they'd announce a cancellation of the series while there are 2+ titles in development that have yet to be formerly announced. (Sonic 3DS and S4E2)

3. Hanoch

Hanoch

Also known as TheKnock, Birashot Member
    Israel
    everything
    Wait.. Are you that sega employee that was signed on sonic retro?

4. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

AAUK is SEGA Europe community manager, and maintains Sonic Wrecks.

5. MykonosFan

MykonosFan

MODE CHANGE. Moderator
    To all the people mentioning Yuji Naka, wasn't there an interview recently where he said he doesn't have plans to return to the Sonic series?

6. serpx

serpx

Sonic 4 is being delayed again. Releases early 2011.

7. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    Yeah he made some kind of metaphor about how sonic is growing up and doesn't need his father anymore.

8. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I thought the reason he left was because he was kept producer and not a programmer, which was something he always had the most interest to do; and since Sega tried to force him into always being leader he got tired of it and practically ragequit. If he was to stay as programmer, every game past SA1 could've had a good engine with solid physics and coding.

The only reason I believe he doesn't wanna work on any more Sonic games is because they'll never let him program one again and force him as a producer and producer only.

9. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Would not complain. A second delay due to fan response would be really something. But, I so doubt it'll be that.

EDIT: @ Sik below: Missed that.

10. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    He already said it wasn't a Sonic 4 delay.

11. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    Seriously, you people.

12. I wouldn't have that much faith in Naka.
    The **** he was doing during X-Treme's development is unforgivable.

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    When Sonic Xtreme was being made, he was making Sonic World for Saturn. Sonic World became Sonic Adventure whenever they decided they didn't have enough time to finish it for the Saturn. He even said this in a recent interview.

I don't know about you, but Sonic World in it's prototype form (you know, from Sonic Jam?) looked and played much better than Xtreme looked like it would've played even if it was finished. And I guarantee that with how SA1 looked and played.

And of course he got mad at those people in STI. They pretty much just borrowed his engine without his say (the NiGHTs engine) and tried to make a Sonic game with it, whenever he was already doing that (Sonic World was that if you didn't notice).

14. This would be understandable if STI was from some random other company.
    However, Yuji Naka arrogantly threatened to ragequit (which he often used to get what he wanted) even though the developers at STI were hired by SEGA, the company Naka was apparently loyal to.
    Think of it this way; Naka refuses to let people from the same company use his engine, while Naughty Dog and Insomniac are helping each other out with assets such as engines, etc.
    Ratchet and Clank uses a heavily modified Jak & Daxter engine, and it was developed by an entirely different company.
    It's very rare for developers to help each other this much, but it's something to expect from development teams working for the same company.

15. Endri

Endri

If I was Naka, I would've done the same thing. Like hell you peeps will use my engine. In fact, there's a little rather entertaining story concerning the development of Sonic Attitude/Unleashed by Gameloft for the DS back when it was one of it's target platforms...

16. NomadTW

NomadTW

I ain't gotta impress you fucks. Member
    You mind linking that maybe? I'm kinda curious now. :P

17. Chaos Rush

Chaos Rush

AKA J.Matz Member
    Sonic will reveal his true sexuality.

18. LocalH

LocalH

roxoring your soxors Tech Member
    Here's another one: Sega announces that henceforth, all depictions of Tails will match the one found in SAd3 - anus included.

19. 0r4ng3

0r4ng3

It always baffles me that anyone uses the NiGHTS engine beef in X-treme to shit on Naka. I would do the exact same thing even if it got me fired.

I wouldn't let my own brother if he didn't ask, let alone some random collegues from over the pond. And Naugthy Dog / Insomniac aren't how Sega was back then either. The teams were all very independent from one another, they even strived to be the best because of that internal competition. Combine the two. Of course he wasn't going to let them and he threatened to quit with cause. They didn't even have the decency to ask. I wouldn't work for a company who had no respect for my work either, if I had a chance elsewhere.

20. Endri

Endri

wat?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.