don't click here

Over two grand to play Sonic Adventure 2 Battle?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Nomad, Jun 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie

It's being powered by a 5870 eyefinity 6, a core 2 duo e8400, 4gb of ddr2 800.
    The aspect ratio is 22.5:8, and the screens together measure a little under 70 inches.
    Moreso, the resolution is 5400x1920 with 2x anti-aliasing. The gamecube natively runs at 640x480 interlaced.
    The best part is it keeps just about 60fps the entire time, even though it's emulating a gamecube.

Ultimately, it's beautiful.

2. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    That's kind of overkill for SA2; it's not that great-looking in 480p.

I'd rather see Wind Waker or Metroid Prime 2, from a visual standpoint.

Still, nice setup. Wonder if there are any bugs because of the forced extra screen space?

3. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie
    There's a little bit of buggyness due to the forced aspect ratio, there's a few things that tend to have squares around them. There's also slowdown due to the emulator not being PERFECT, but otherwise it runs pretty well.

4. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.
    What would be the point of that? SA2 already looks like shit at a normal resolution.

5. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie
    It's actually not too terrible looking. It looks a hell of a lot better being emulated than it does on the gamecube, I will admit. I'll get more videos of different games and put them in here. I've also got a video of SSB:M, but it's not too great.

6. Polygon Jim

Polygon Jim

Eternal Tech Member
    across town from Hinchy
    All the bitches.

Record some Mario Galaxy, that would be amazing looking. Also Twilight Princess would be cool as well.

7. Dude

Dude

Tech Member
    Southbridge, MA
    Random VR/AR trash
    I couldn't handle the multiple monitor setup. Broken screen space bothers me in video games, this is why I don't own a ds.

8. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie
    I originally felt the same way about multi monitors until I actually used it. After using it for a few minutes they tend to become unnoticeable. In fact, with enough modification you could remove the bezels from the screens entirely.

9. I could really tell how great that was from that crappy camcorder video. =P

What's the difference between the graphics card they're using and a regular 5870? If it's slim I could do this, I've got a Core i7 860 build with a 5870 in it. I'm just lacking monitors. I should probably try out Mario Galaxies 1 and 2 though.

10. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie
    The eyefinity 6 version of the 5870 has more ram and has six displayport connectors.

Also, yeah. The video quality's kinda shit, I'm working on getting another camera to film with.

11. FIVE TIMES 1080P! Recorded in crappy youtube quality.

Also, I've always wanted to play Sonic adventure 2 with four vertical bars in the middle of it.

12. Afti

Afti

ORIGINAL MACHINE Member
    Not really; most monitors have hardware inside the bezels, so you couldn't get a perfectly seamless setup.

Because MONITOR MUST BE SLIMMER. MAKE BEZELS BIGGER, PUT THINGS THERE. MONITOR MUST BE SLIMMER.

13. Shade

Shade

Wow, great, it looks exactly the same.

14. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    Fire up NullDC or whatever one actually works and load up Rez.

15. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Cool, it's like playing SA2 on a huge monitor.

...In jail.

Seriously, projectors might be a better (and less expensive) way to achieve this kind of stuff. Nice experiment, though.

16. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    They might have had screens and stuff already instead of buying them too, it's cool to do things like this but their flaw was uploading some shitty video footage, at least try and get a HD camera from someone, a friend, anyone!

17. Nomad

Nomad

Oldbie
    Sadly, my friend and I don't have enough money for projectors... nor do we have the wallspace to hook 5 of them up in portrait.

18. Diablohead

Diablohead

Indie dev Oldbie
    Near London
    games
    This is your video?

Can always use two projectors next to each other in widescreen mode :P

Or just one HD projector shining to the wall of your house or something, I've always wanted to do that.

19. The first game I would play on that rig would be X3: Terran Conflict.

Imagine this

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

On that setup.

20. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    My biggest issue with games like that is there are none available that have a sizable universe AND let you land on planets, directly from space. =| The closest you get is this tech demo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCzDKj3hjOE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.