don't click here

Sonic Colours out for Wii/DS

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TimmiT, May 26, 2010.

1. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    And "judging by screenshots" happens all over again. Let the flamewars commence! :specialed:

Seriously, it's a screenshot. You have no idea if the whole game consists of that and that only. We've only got a couple of shots, and they probably just tried to pick the ones with the most eye-candy in it.

2. Chimpo

Chimpo

I Gotta Be Me Member
    Los Angeles, 2029
    Don't Forget! Try Your Best!
    Negative statements with barely a handful of screenshots already?

Never change Retro, never change.

+ - (I see what you're doing there though.)  

3. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Hardly looks like the entire game, when various other screens show Sonic running across platforms and taking advantage of power-ups and the like.

4. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Where Fear and Cryptic Puzzles lie... Member
    More so to what solid soap said, the path is splitting there, see the laser path to Sonic's right with the fire goblets and a trail to travel?

5. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Hmm... it's noted that Power-Ups use up a meter (the one in the bottom left) and it's activated by shaking the Wiimote. While it's clear the DS game will have Boost, the magazine doesn't mention boosting at all and the bar looks empty when Sonic doesn't have a Power-Up. Does that mean that there's no boosting in the Wii version?

6. Introversive

Introversive

[​IMG]
    From what is said on that page, it's very very likely that we're going to play the 1D 3D sections for the entire game instead of going through 2D areas more often than 3D. :specialed:

Thinking about it, the 3D areas might be sort of like short breaks between the true platforming areas since they're more speed based and it's likely that you won't spend as much time in them as the 2D sections which throw more stuff to slow you down.

7. GeneHF

GeneHF

SEGA-ier than you'll potentially ever be. Site Staff
    Scenic Studiopolis
    Complete Global Conquest
    Both are sounding pretty sweet to me. Look forward to seeing these two in motion.

8. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Honestly, from what I've seen it seems like the 2D parts feature lots of legitimate platforming and making use of power-ups, while the 3D parts are your basic Unleashed speedathons. Nothing wrong with both by me, honestly, I like both types of gameplay and if this looks as good in motion as it appears to in screens I'lm going to pretty ecstatic to play this.

9. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

As Sonic Stadium noticed, this thing appears to be a boss. Notice the robotic claws and "eyes" of sorts, with the weak point in the center and the timer just started on one second, implying it started here.

[​IMG]

10. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm wishing they ditched the fruity name "Sonic Colors" with the shitty logo that looks more fit for a Sonic bedtime story than anything else, because this game actually looks pretty badass.

11. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Wow, if that's the case, then that's one awesome looking boss.

12. Dusk Golem

Dusk Golem

Just going to point out a few points I haven't seen mentioned here:

-The Plant level seems to be pretty interesting, we a see a mixture of a carnival and Hawaii-themed stage, with Tikis, flower patterns, robotic huts, fountains of colored lemonade, torches, and more. The rails even look Hawaiian.
    -Either the Pastry land is really long or someone is taking their time, the timers point out 9 and 14 minutes playtimes.
    -Speaking of pastry land, the whole world seems to be made of cake which you can drill though.
    -Speaking of drilling, as evident on the third page upper right screenshot, you can turn while digging.
    -In the bottom screen on page 1, you can see to the most right Sonic has a homing recital again, he's locked on to the Spring.
    -Egg Pawns are redesigned a bit with bigger arms and feet, maybe for melee attacks?
    -Also seen in the lower bottom screen is Sonic using his Unleashed-esque stomp move, which can break through some platforms it seems.
    -It seems Sonic can't boost regularly, the gauge is fro Wisps powers this time around.
    -In the top screen on page 2, there is a splitting path with a path to the right ahead where Laser Sonic could go take an alternative route.
    -The Tiki heads spew water in the garden stage.
    -I think there may be another page or two of scans we have not seen, there were a few more screenshots of Sonic Colors not seen here.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    These excite me the most. Especially the second one (bolded).

Come on Sega, this is the opportunity to put in rolling/the Spin dash...

14. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    I'm getting ever more excited by this game. I can't wait to see it in motion.

15. EX-A-FREAKING-LENT!!

That was Unleashed's problem! You could boost for pretty much forever!

Now with boost tied down to Items (Wisps), the levels WON'T be BOOSTBOOSTBOOST all the time!

This makes me very happy! Now the levels can be maneuvered without being at top speed. And who knows? Maybe Sonic's own top speed will be faster this go around thanks to no boost.

16. Dissent

Dissent

@SailsSez on Twitter Member
    Did anyone notice the changing of the spines in the lower left part of the hud? It changes among the screens...

17. Shadic

Shadic

Olympia, WA
    Home improvement eternal
    Pretty sure that shows what powerup you have.

18. Cautious optimism... rising...! It's looking good in concept, but we shall see how good the level design and (importantly for a Wii game) the controls are.

I can get them when I get the magazine, then. And better scans of the pages already released.

19. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    No doubt about it. It is indeed Unleashed's breaten. Even the huds positions are reminiscent of the former. The camera angles, just about everything.

It actually looks really, really good. The level of detail is really impressive, for a Wii game even, it's almost Mario Galaxy quality. They trully are doing a fine job. Now, here's hoping they are using a custom engine or any middleware other than RenderWare.

On a less related note, I'm loving this Sonic's shade of blue :v:

Edit:
    Wait, what?
    99 Rings Limit?!?!?!

*gasp*

20. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    :colbert:

Why does it seem like everyone here skip posts all the time? :(