don't click here

The Sonic the Hedgehog 4 Megathread

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Scarred Sun, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. medj

medj

I'm guessing the minecart level will be one of the extra levels for the iPhone.

2. Effexor

Effexor

JUSTICE Member
    The two extra levels in the iPhone version...

ZONES, or ACTS?

3. Tanks

Tanks

Here let me fix that for you.

"Welp. Rush 3 confirmed. Not much more I can say. I know Sega's not going to revamp the physics like they ought to. I know they're not going to fix the music like they ought to. I know they're not going to do anything they ought to do. But I especially know they're not going to listen to us at all. They'll take half our message "Delay the game!" cut out the "Fix these things!" part and do what they please. This is just a deluxe build up before major let down. Not much else to say there."

I believe I said that?

Seriously, sometimes I wonder if it's really the pro-Sonic 4 guys that are spamming up this thread... <_<

4. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I'm not gonna be a cunt and say it's going to be the perfect game, equal to the Genesis titles or anything, but they DID specifically say that they're working on tuning up the physics and changing the level design to be more momentum-based, along with the fact that they'll be listening to fan-complaints as well. Now, unless they're outright lying I'm willing to bet than at least one of the 3 of those things will be fixed by the time the game is released. I personally am anticipating being forced to play shitty mine cart levels and gimmicky pinball stuff in the final game, they definitely won't change that, but let's get real, they delayed the game a whole 5+ months, they say they're going to fix some things they're not happy with, I'm willing to bet that they will at the very least cover HALF of the problems they stated they'll fix.

There's a difference between being cautious and being cynical to the point where you're willing to take any bit of good the game seems to have and crush it.

5. That could allude to the possible implementation of......nah probably not.

6. Frozen Nitrogen

Frozen Nitrogen

Wouldn't the door have been easier? Wiki Sysop
    [​IMG]

Still waitin' for my patch.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Something's telling me they are gonna move the minecart and pinball stages to iPhone specific areas, considering that we're getting hints that they said two levels were specifically for the iVersion, and that they were building levels more around momentum-based gameplay.

Still though, this news is incredibly good, and I'm happy to hear all of this. Good thing I'm ignoring the unpleasable whinefest and enjoying what I'm seeing and hearing like every other place besides Retro and GAF. :)

8. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    The classic Sonic cameo might have been a hint hint nudge nudge wink wink moment, but it could also have just been GameSpot's editing crew being cute. We'll see when we see, I guess.

9. jasonchrist

jasonchrist

Give Us A Wank Banned
    Sonic Classic Hybrid Project
    They're being evil, I swear to god!

10. Guess Who

Guess Who

It's a miracle! Oldbie
    Oregon
    lol
    I think Sonic discussion should have its own version of Godwin's Law. Instead of any argument leading to Hitler, it leads to Sonic 06.

11. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    My prediction is that the pinball and mine cart acts get replaced with gimmick acts more suited to iPhone-specific control.

12. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    That game was doomed from the start, it was 3D with like 50 characters, "extreme" graphics and music, ancient prophesies and demons from hell and all that bullshit. Sonic 4 is a cute little downloadable title made by a completely different team, with Sonic being the only playable character.

13. medj

medj

I am quite happy with the news of today. I'd rather them get the physics right with episode 1 and apply it to further episodes. Physics is really the main thing they need to fix. Level design and the music can use some improvements as well...

14. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

It could have been fun with decent physics and Amigo characters that didn't make you want to throw your flatscreen out the second floor window.

(Thank God for Unleashed, a flawed-but-actually-fun-to-play 3D Sonic game...)

15. I'm hearing that those 2 "specific levels" for the IPhone might be the Mine Cart and Pinball level acts that everyone has hated up to this point, and that we may get PROPER acts instead.

If this is the case, then YES.

EDIT: Ninja'd

16. JennyTablina

JennyTablina

Oldbie
    Sonic 06 isnt really a previous example. Sure maybe they promised a patch to fix things or something once the thing was released but theres a big difference between a game getting bugfixes before going gold and patches after release. Sonic 06 was so screwed that a single patch wasn't going to fix its woes and once development is over teams just really wanna move on. The team for Sonic 4 still cant say this thing is done and off their hands project-wise so team is still wholly devoted to getting it to a releasable status

They could have easily released it with stealth patches on systems like Xbox 360 and PS3 I suppose but it sounds like theres bigger fish to fry that patches wouldnt suffice for?

17. That's it, I'm done believing hype. That was possibly the worst "big announcement" I've ever heard.

18. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That would be the funniest shit ever. I really hope that turns out to be the case.

I really have to wonder how different this game is going to be the next time they decide to show us something. I don't want to see mr lanky green eyes anywhere the next time I see Sonic 4. What the fuck is he even doing in the classic trilogy anyway?

Ok at this point I'm just humoring the pathetic atmosphere around this game, I stopped taking this seriously awhile ago.

19. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    Patching Sonic '06 would be like spraying your shit with air freshener, it'd still be shit it just wouldn't smell as bad, or in this case there would still be monsters from hell, shitty controls, shit graphics, shit storyline, shitty voice acting, shit shit shit and it'd still be shit. Sonic 4 might not wind up as good as the classics but it does look like an honest to God good game, the level design is remeniscent of the classics, the visuals are nice, there's no shitty storyline, etc. You can't compare the two at all.

20. RevFirst

RevFirst

Here's hoping the minecart act is the iPhone exclusive. Now if only I could make sense of getting rid of the 100,000 points act... :argh:

Haha. Yeah. Had me guessing Sonic Team took the "too many characters" complaint too seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.