don't click here

Sonic game music rips

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by KusanagiShiro, May 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KusanagiShiro

KusanagiShiro

Longtime Sonic Fan Member
    San Rafael, California
    None at the moment, sadly...not skilled enough yet!
    I was thinking...on the OSV project, should it be listed as to who composed which song, for those of us who want to tag the rips more accurately?

2. Andlabs

Andlabs

「いっきまーす」 Wiki Sysop
    Writing my own MD/Genesis sound driver :D
    We could tag games for which we have composer names for, but most games have multiple composers, and we don't have individual credits, so for a game like Sonic 3, which has about 12 composers credited...

3. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I think we should definitely credit the songs we actually have individual composer credits for. Sonic 1 and Sonic 3 are among the classic games with which we have 100% complete composer credits for each song; the nextgen games seem to have that covered without our help. I'd like to explore getting proper credits for the advance games as well, but I have a feeling we'll have to send out some emails to know for sure who did what. This is probably gonna end up being a whole project of its own.

4. Yeah, usually when I rip an album, I include all of the relevant composer tags and whatnot that Windows Media Player offers.

5. KusanagiShiro

KusanagiShiro

Longtime Sonic Fan Member
    San Rafael, California
    None at the moment, sadly...not skilled enough yet!
    I agree with Tweaker. It sounds like a project that would benefit the entire community. I know on Sonic 3 that any songs also appearing in S&K could probably be credited to Drossin.

6. Lanzer

Lanzer

The saber calls for its master... Member
    Glendale, AZ
    Living life.
    I need proper HQ rips of sonic 1-3k with proper tags so I'm all for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.