don't click here

Does anybody have a clue what this is? [Carnival Night Zone]

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by spleenharvester, Dec 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deathbyteacup

Deathbyteacup

I'm spending a year dead for tax reasons. Member
    How do the.... whatever those platforms are in Green Hill float around on their own?

Short answer: there is no right answer?

2. Shoemanbundy

Shoemanbundy

Researcher
    Chicago, Illinois
    selling shoes
    It's pretty obvious they're balloons. I only realized that myself sometime within this year though, much like everyone else(which caught me by surprise) I used to always think it was cherry pie also =P

3. Runner

Runner

Long time no see, old friend. Member
    If they are balloons at the bottom of the platform, why these doesn't pop when the platform touch the ground?

Looks more like cherry-pie glued in the ground. :v:

Although I agree they are balloons too.

4. trakker

trakker

The guy that's been warned! Member
    Ok, hydrogen, it extract it from the air

5. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    Never thought what it were. Just figured, "this is a series with a blue hedgehog. Logic not required."

6. DigitalDuck

DigitalDuck

Arriving four years late. Member
    Lincs, UK
    TurBoa, S1RL
    Exactly.

It's a platform that goes down when you stand on it, and goes up when you jump off. Simples.

7. AnimatedAF

AnimatedAF

never made sense to me how you could run around this entirely electric place under water in act two either. BZZZZZZZT. Fried Hedgehog.

8. SegaLoco

SegaLoco

W)(at did you say? Banned
    Okay, have you ever noticed that when you have an old helium balloon, it likes to hover around a specific area, if you push it down, it tries to go back up, and if you put it too high, it floats back down. Think of sonic as you pushing the balloon down. It tries to go back up, builds a bit of momentum, and goes higher than it should. Now to explain why it stays put at any level when sonic gets off beats me. In all honesty, its just a game, so does it matter. :specialed:

9. Phithpleis

Phithpleis

Nein Member
    Your location
    Current Project
    Me, I thought it was some kind of platform that burns and hurts you when you touch the bottom of it.

10. The Shad

The Shad

↑ & ↓ & ↻ Oldbie
    This, I thought it was lava.

11. Ravenfreak

Ravenfreak

2 Edgy 4 U Tech Member
    O'Fallon Mo
    Sonic 1 Game Gear Disassembly
    I still think it looks like guts. xD

12. Graxer

Graxer

I assumed that it was lava too and then never thought about it again.

13. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    There is usually one of these at a carnival:
    [​IMG]
    Notice anything similar to that platform?

14. Xkeeper

Xkeeper

lgkdfvlbjepasvdjzcvpaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Researcher
    the bone zone
    current-project-fart
    I'm not sure how some poorly-dressed man lifting weights relates to a bloated platform with funkadelic physics, but I'll take your word for it! :v:

15. The KKM

The KKM

Welcome to the nExt level Member
    Portugal
    IDW's Sonic the Hedgehog comic books
    those nipples

oh god no

I suppose your point is that the heavy thing the nipples man is lifting uses the same mechanic as the platform?

16. Blanche Hodapp

Blanche Hodapp

*urp* Eternal Queen
    What's wrong with his nipples? They're stunning compared to those disgusting shoulder-fins he's got going on!

17. :specialed:

I never really put too much thought into it, after you know, flying fortresses and death eggs. Not to mention a whole fucking ocean of oil.

18. Solaris Paradox

Solaris Paradox

On my butt in front of the computer. Where else?
    I'm working on working up the willpower to work on learning how to make my own Sonic fangames. Not quite there yet.
    Much like the corks in Labyrinth Zone that look more like blocks of rock-colored swiss cheese, it took me a while to register that it was a platform with balloons under it, yeah.

Now, why do the balloons inflate when you stand on the platform and instantly deflate when you're not standing on it? *contemplates...*

19. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Directly beneath the top surface of the platform is an air chamber that acts as a pump when compressed. An application of weight (such as a blue hedgehog jumping on top) compresses the air chamber, pumping in a huge amount of air in all at once, filling the balloons underneath. When the weight is removed, the expansion of the air chamber sucks the air out from the balloons, returning it to its initial state.

[​IMG]

20. Quarterman

Quarterman

Just another day in paradise. Member
    Aww, that was just Sonic doing his part during the Exxon Valdez disaster!

You know how in most shows UFOs have lights on the bottom? That's what I thought that was.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.