don't click here

Who would YOU get to do the music for Sonic 4?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by roxahris, Feb 9, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Columind

Columind

Geistbox Member
    Music and Comics
    Ah shoot I forgot all about Drossin. I loved his edgy approach to the music back in the Genesis days, especially in Sonic Spinball. Quite memorable, that.

2. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    I know, why not? I mean, I already sort of envision/ed her doing a Mega Man soundtrack as well.

3. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    Lady Gaga? seriously?

I'd resurrect Michael Jackson from the grave (thriller style) and get him to do the music for Sonic 4! :specialed:

4. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie

I absolutely love it! I'm not even familiar with Mega Man music, but I'm sure I'd be a fan if I played the games.

5. OKei

OKei

OKeijiDragon Member
    Thanks! I actually have more on the way. One is a mash of Chun Li's theme from SFII arcade and Just Dance, and I'm uploading an MJ/Kingdom Hearts mash tonight. Stay tuned.

Also, seconded on MJ doing the music for Sonic 4 -- iiiiif he we're still alive today that is.

6. Mercury

Mercury

His Name Is Sonic Tech Member
    Location Location
    AeStHete
    Lady Gaga? Brilliant choice!

I don't know why I didn't think of it when going through who was popular these days and might make a good fit. :v:

I'm a pretty big Lady Gaga fan, so I might be biased, but I think she would suit Sonic well with one reservation. The important point with Sonic music is pace, and her beats are usually very techno and mechanical sounding, not as smooth and syncopated as Sonic's should be. They're better suited for walking/dancing than running and jumping.

Everything else, though, would be a natural fit. Synthy sound, but not too stale; instantly catchy melodies that don't all sound alike; huge popularity to give Sonic the "star composer" boost that DCT did in Japan; and a sense of exuberant excess that fits the colourful world of Sonic, but with enough dark edge tempering it that you could take it seriously.

She can even do nice ballads, for a Sweet Sweet Sweet style ending theme.

Daft Punk would be a good choice, too. I love them to pieces if just for this. Imagine another Sonic OVA told entirely in music and action - just the ticket for those of you who think Sonic and friends should keep their mouths shut!

7. XCubed

XCubed

I think "Speechless" would make a great ending theme for Sonic 4.

Something I just thought of....Her variety of outfits harvest a vast array of Special Stage ideas as well...heh...or level backgrounds/elements/details.

8. Snot Rocket

Snot Rocket

I'd keep it old school and retro with Jun Senoue and Dreams Come True. I'm hoping the music for sonic 4 will come out like the one leaked track, where it sounds like music from a the Yamaha chip but on steroids.

9. Shadix

Shadix

Oldbie
    If we're talking pop, Janet Jackson. I mean hell half of her discography already sounds like sonic music, and quite a few of the Sonic 3 composers worked with her too. Syncopated, funky, melodic, electronic.

10. Shadow Fire

Shadow Fire

Ultimate victory! Member
    The Land of Darkness
    Sonic: The Lost Land (Series), The GCN (site)
    Shadowsoft & Vodkatron... seriously. =P

This

AND

This

Epic. I can already envision these tunes in a Sonic game. =P

11. I heard these guys on the radio the other day... I was immediately reminded of the beautiful days of 16-bit chiptunes... sans the vocals, perhaps.

Passion Pit "Little Secrets"....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBJOLpCsBos

12. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    Now, I love Passion Pit, but to say they suit Sonic is a bit of a stretch. They're too sappy for that.

13. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Lady Gaga? NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY! Since I already made a picture poking fun at what I found to be strange suggestions, I'll give some real answers to the question this time around...

It'd be neat if they got The Who to do some songs, since the music would be more instrumental then vocal, so their age wouldn't matter all that much. Their songs transcend genres at times, like "Who Are You" with its funk sounding intro and an economic but fun use of synth stuff along with more natural sounding instruments, and the fast high hats in the song remind me of rapid footsteps. Also, their songs aren't maddeningly repetitive to boot.

Another suggestion is the Brazilian electric jazz-funk band, Azymuth. Sometimes the electric piano in their songs reminds me of Vince Guaraldi's electric piano solos, which I am quite fond of.

Now the first song sounds like elevator music I know, but try to imagine it with a harder, more Sonic like sound.

My last suggestion would be Incognito, a British jazz-fusion band. Their music is especially synthy and fun and fresh.

Welp, I'm spent.

14. MetalKnick

MetalKnick

Vale, East Angara
    Golden Sun Soundfont V.2
    I would LOVE to see what Motoi Sakuraba would do for a Sonic game.

He's made many soundtracks for Megadrive/Genesis (Granada, Sol Deace/Feace). He also composed the Star Oceans, Mario Golfs, Shining Force, and Golden Sun OSTs.

I really like his style too. He usually goes for a more progressive rock feel, and sometimes goes orchestraic. Look his stuff up on YouTube, I garuntee most of you will like it.

Now, would he be fit for making a sonic game? I KNOW so.

PS: Typing on a Wii hurts and is a very slow process.

15. KusanagiShiro

KusanagiShiro

Longtime Sonic Fan Member
    San Rafael, California
    None at the moment, sadly...not skilled enough yet!
    You guys forgot Yuzo Koshiro's most famous works: He did music for half of the Ys series.

16. XCubed

XCubed

You can type on a Wii? Using a typewriter and mailing us your response would have been more efficient.

17. MetalKnick

MetalKnick

Vale, East Angara
    Golden Sun Soundfont V.2
    But I was tired..at least I got to lay down in my bed while typing it. :v:

Anyways, back on topic.
    I would also like to see hear MegaDriver do the soundtrack. I mean, it would be needed in order to spice up that game people are calling Sonic 4.

Video games need moar HEAVY METAL by the way.

18. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
  19. XCubed

XCubed

20. Blue Emerald

Blue Emerald

Teleportation, yeah! Member
    TBD
    Masato Koda could be a fantastic composer for this game. Why? He composed the most awesome music for one of my favorite Tetris games.

If Koda could do for Sonic 4 what he did for that game, the soundtrack could almost be Hataya quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.