don't click here

My new keychain :3

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by TmEE, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^^

now I have to update my PC security software a bit, so that one will need that keychain (or another same version Sonic 1 cart) to get to my PC :P

2. That's pretty cool, but I can see it breaking at some point.

3. Yeah, the thin traces on that board will surely be cut soon enough.

4. Flygon

Flygon

Awesome but impractical.

5. ICEknight

ICEknight

Researcher Researcher
    Odd, the Sonic 1 chip and board I have laying around look somewhat different.
    [​IMG]

6. StatiX

StatiX

I had a keychain somewhat like this. It broke within the first 3 hours of me having it. You may want to put some kind of coating over it for protection before it breaks.

7. TmEE

TmEE

Master of OPL3-SA2/3 Tech Member
    Estonia, Rapla City
    T-04YBSC-A !
    Its been in my pocket for most of the day now and no toruble so far... and I imagined it would cause discomfort but seems it has not been the case... of course I also "bubbled" the solder spots behind the PCB so it would not get stuck anywhere etc.
    The PCB might break from the corner, but I can always use either glue or have one other kind of fix involving some piece of metal with hole in it that is sodlered on one of the power traces.

That is quite unlikely to happen, the protective coating will most certainly wear off to some extent but traces would get broken anytime soon

I have one board with same kind of chip too... there's over 3 kinds of chips in Sega carts.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.