don't click here

Project Needlemouse: old threads

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Aquaslash, Sep 9, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    I'll just avoid playing as the other character, hoping they're optional and not mandatory.

As much as we would all want a retro revival and for once SEGA to treat us old timers with a little respect and care for once, it's just not going to happen. If it was, they would have done something like that a long fucking time ago.

2. bookman the stinky

bookman the stinky

literal trash Member
    the dong
    find motivation
    O hai guise I lernd how to use photoshoop.
    [​IMG]
    Also the lack of Mighty enrages me

3. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    They are not characters. They are heavenly crafted, bare-hand tailored, perfect pieces of timelessly classic nostalgia.

4. NintendoBrad

NintendoBrad

Cripes, so much discontent over character inclusion. If the game is good, I'll play it. Even if Shadow or whoever is in it, I'll play the darn thing if it's good.

5. Lobotomy

Lobotomy

35% Cognac Banned
    Traverse City
    Project: Matter/Energy

My prophecy is beginning to be fulfilled. Once Shadow goes, I'm positive my statement is correct.

Sonic will be the only character in Needlemouse.

6. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    So, how far are we with the tweeting. I can't access Twitter for whatever retarded reason. Are we close to the bonus?

7. CTM

CTM

This.

Is it really a big deal if a few characters appear if they are fun to play as? I hate Shadow's guts as much the next guy, but if he plays well, who cares? A good game's a good game regardless of who you're playing as.

8. STHX

STHX

SEGAAAAAAAAA?!? Member
    The world of Trophies
    Sonic In Mushroom Kingdom
    Besides, only because a character is left, doesn't mean he'll be in Needlemouse. This "game" only tell what characters won't be in. Even if somehow by Saturday 3, or in case no target was achieved, 6 characters were not "rejected", I'm still 100% sure only Sonic + - 's new friend Mr. Needlemouse   would have been in the game.

9. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    You know, maybe I'm reading too much into this, and it's likely that I'll be wrong by the time this is over, but I think the whole point of this particular event is to hammer in the fact that there will be no unnecessarily large cast and no pointless new character introductions in this game.

10. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    It's silly when you look at it that way, but the fact SEGA promoted this game like a return to the Genesis era, EVERYONE expected a Sonic game like they remembered before this horrible modernization. It just feels like, IF, Shadow does get in, they're just shoe horning him in for the kids, and they're just being complete dicks about it because LOL SEGA.

11. RevFirst

RevFirst

Problem is that all these hated characters just aren't (positively) unique gameplay wise.

12. Zephyr

Zephyr

US
    And Sonic isn't? You imply that Sonic is a mere character as opposed to a timeless piece of nostalgia.

13. CTM

CTM

Yeah, that's what I think as well. If they're really aiming this one at the classic fans, it wouldn't really make sense to advertise it as "SONIC: NOW WITH EXTRA SHADOW AND BIG!"

I wouldn't care that much, but I know a lot of people who would...

That's true. In a perfect world this would have course be a pure old school game. I'm just saying, if it's not a completely accurate represantion of the Genesis games, but still manages to be good regardless, that should at least count for something.

14. Kurosan

Kurosan

Samurai of Gaming Oldbie
    I was indeed making a different point; not that more characters are needed to make a good game, but rather that more characters don't make a game bad. Tails and Knuckles (and Sonic without Tails vs. Sonic alone, though it didn't make as much of a difference) were fun ways to replay through the game differently, but not to the point that they had completely different gameplay types; that, I believe, makes for fun additional characters.

15. RevFirst

RevFirst

I'm personally more worried about the quality of the game's level design but whatever. We have different priorities though I agree that Tails (Sonic 3 version) and Knuckles are great inclusions.

16. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    I don't know, but from what I've read it isn't looking too good. I could be wrong though.

17. OSM

OSM

Doing absolutely nothing
    If we don't get the bonus I'm gonna be pissed. We all got riled up over nothing.

18. Vinchenz

Vinchenz

Yo! Hustle! Hustle! Member
    I wouldn't mind if Shadow was in the game as long as he's optional. If the game ends up being good, and Shadow IS mandatory, then the game wouldn't have been better if he weren't in it.

I also like the idea that Mr. Needlemouse is old-styled Sonic.

I hope this game features Zone and Act transitions the same way Sonic 3 & Knux does it. I'm really disappointed that no other 2D Sonic game does that.

19. Vaiz

Vaiz

I'm still here for some reason! Member
    Internet.
    I think the fact that one of the answers to today's questions IS Mr. Needlemouse, specifically stating that it was Sonic's original name, will mean we'll see "Sonic's new friend Mr. Needlemouse" crossed off.

20. Solid SOAP

Solid SOAP

Nut Lord Member
    To be honest I'm really not expecting (Or caring, for that matter) anything at this point, though I wouldn't be surprised if SEGA stage a "leak" if we wind up not getting the bonus points.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.