don't click here

WOW, a very nice Sonic flash game

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by torindkflt, Feb 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hey, a friend just sent me this link to a quite GOOD flash-based Sonic game. I've been playing it for a few minutes, and other than running a little slow (Most likely due to my craptastically obsolete computer), it is surprisingly nice!

Directly from the description: The game has 4 playable characters at the beginning and 2 secret characters to unlock. the game features a password-saver so you don't have to start it all over again.

If you wish to see this game, visit this link: http://newgrounds.com/portal/view.php?id=151706 (NOTICE: Possible adult content and popup alert on this link, unfortunately this is the only page hosting the game at the moment)

I've been having fun with it, I hope you all do too!

2. Drakmyth

Drakmyth

Inspector Drakmyth Master at your service. Oldbie
    In the void beneath the ancient maze...
    Sonic Eclipse 2, Return of the Hidden Palace, Unnamed Sonic 2 Hack
    NICE. Made it through the entire first zone and am currently on act 2 of the second zone. The only thing I noticed (which really isn't all that important) is that when you beat the boss it says "character beat act 1". How do you get the secret characters (NOT who are they) and how do you get the cheats? This is a pretty good game. I might have to break out my Flash downloader so I don't have to get online to play.

3. I suppose that it is a good game, considering its a flash game but there are afew glitches in it, and when they jump it seems like as if there is no gravity there.

4. AndyAML

AndyAML

Canada
    burp
    You get the first secret character by beating the game with all four original characters, then you get the other secret character by beating the game with the first secret character. You get different cheats for finishing the game as different characters. If you've got no time, however, you can use the password 595313131313131 to instantly unlock all of the characters and cheats.

5. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Um... It refuses to load... :\

6. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    file not found.

7. Newgrounds was down earlier, but it seems to be working again now, and the file is still there.

And of course the game isn't perfect (A bug I noticed is the timer keeps running when you pause the game during a boss battle), but for a fan-made game, and for being made in Flash, it's very good.

8. superstarCSB

superstarCSB

snootch Member
    Lawrence, Kansas
    I probably should get back to work on my site someday...
    I was definatley amazed by this flash game. It felt just like the GBA game, but not quite. There are the jumping issues, typos, and a few other strange glitches here and there, but I'm thoroughly impressed by the effort that was put into this great game. Now if only there were more stages and you could make it a bigger size, then I'd probably have no complaints.

9. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Well, there's a way to make games. There is a problem with the the jumping, and with the getting hit. But other than that, it's a good game.

10. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    WOW :o . really close to the real thing, just the music. But I've heard worse music before. It's a great game, wonder who made it?

11. LOst

LOst

Tech Member
    Very good Sonic game. If Sonic Team finds out about it, he will be in big trouble. He's brealing the trademark law. He's breaking 3 patent laws. He will be toased :P

*Downloads the source code for the game*

EDIT: Oh, he did steal the graphics from Sonic Advance 2 and Sonic Battle. Shots taken from an emulator.

He's dead!

EDIT: Music is stolen too

12. Not a bad game.Tails cant fly very high though, but other than that, its a fun game.

13. Good game. Pretty fun.

14. dtrr138

dtrr138

I really don't like it. Not to be rude or anything, but, I like the real ROMs. It's just like... not the same as ordinary Sonic games. And, it's not just your computer - or it could be both of our computer's problems :D .

15. Quickman

Quickman

be attitude for gains Tech Member
    :x
    omg porjcet
    That only becomes an issue if he starts selling. It wouldn't be financially viable to do such a thing if they're allowing people to use it for free. This is the paradox which is brought up to keep sprite comics alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.