don't click here

New Sonic Mobile game released by EA!

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Sploit, Nov 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sploit

Sploit

I went onto www.lastlevel.mobi on my mobile phone's GPRS (great site for buying mobile games, as you don't need to subscribe to anything and once you've paid for a game it goes in your "inbox" on their site, and you can re-download to same phone as many times as you want).

And they had a new Sonic game advertised... Sonic Spinball and its was advertised as being by EA :psyduck: Has hell frozen over or something? :psyduck:

It wasn't compatible with my phone (nokia n-gage). But just thought I'd mention it in case anyone is interested.

Thanks,
    Sploit

2. Overlord

Overlord

Now playable in Smash Bros Ultimate Moderator
    Long-term happiness
    http://www.lastlevel.mobi/Home/Categories/...onic%20Spinball is a direct URL, incidentally.

<a href="http://www.lastlevel.mobi/mqa/img?4518877,65536,625" target="_blank">http://www.lastlevel.mobi/mqa/img?4518877,65536,625</a>
    Rotating GIF of screenshots that the board won't allow me to embed:
    By the FUCKING HUGE compatibility list I'd say it's Java based - possibly ported from the original C - if Sega still has it - by some lesser developer, but more likely to just be a close-physics knockoff like the Java Sonic 1 & 2 were. Either way, I guess worth Wiki'ing.

3. Sploit

Sploit

Maybe I can get a version compatible for my phone then. Cheers for posting more accurate links and such. Much appreciated :v:

I agree it should be wiki'd given that every other mobile game has been :)

4. nineko

nineko

I am the Holy Cat Tech Member
    italy
    Man I've been transcoding pictures a lot lately:
    [​IMG]

Yes, I love my imageshack plugin for Firefox 1.0 :P

5. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    The title screen was definately redrawn. I don't know about the rest.

6. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    I don't think it's redrawn, but it is using a different picture of Sonic. <-an old one.

7. The text is different, too.

8. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    It looks like they cleaned it up a bit.

9. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
    Yep, that title screen has definitely been redone. Looks a lot more modern, cleaner, and overall, I think it looks great.

Nice to see a game other than Sonic 1/2 being ported to mobile devices for once.

10. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
    Isn't that more or less the style used on the old Japanese game covers and the Archie Sonic Archives?

11. OSM

OSM

retro is for losers! Member
    Doing absolutely nothing
    That title screen is sexy as hell. I don't have any plans on getting this, but I absolutely love everything about Spinball.

12. Phos

Phos

Going for the high score on whatever that little b Member
    That picture is a preexisting one, I think it was used in association with the Japanese release somehow.

13. Herm the Germ

Herm the Germ

Hmm, not bad. Well done, doctor! Member
    Dresden, Saxony, Germany
    MIDI-to-SMPS-conversions, mostly. Takin' requests, too.
  14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    God. Look closely in the Toxic Cave's screenshot.

What's with all these awful colors?

15. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Hm, it seems that it doesn't have the dynamic palette changes, instead just using the one for the top parts of the level (which I honestly liked the most anyway).

16. Enzo Aquarius

Enzo Aquarius

20% Cooler. Member
    Canada, eh.
    Sonic TV Scripts, Sonic Comic Wiki Work
  17. MathUser

MathUser

3rd top wiki contributor Researcher
    I wiki'd it, but there wasn't much I could put on the page as noone has downloaded it and fed info about the port.

<a href="http://info.sonicretro.org/Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (EA Mobile)" target="_blank" style="background: url(http://info.sonicretro.org/images/5/50/Reticon.png) right no-repeat; padding-right: 20px; border-bottom: 1px dotted #3366BB; color: #3366BB; cursor:pointer; text-decoration:none;" class="wiki">Sonic the Hedgehog Spinball (EA Mobile)</a>

18. Leonard the Genie

Leonard the Genie

Prices aren't the only thing getting slashed Member
    I have it :v:

Honestly it's amazing. First of all, SAVES.
    Second, you are given a map of the level.

Then there's the fact that the game has solid FPS and good controls. Very few things are missing and I daresay the game is much more fun than on the genesis.

There's also menus, etc etc. You can choose to have music on, sfx with no music, or silent.
    I also must mention that unlike the GBA version, all levels don't have toxic caves music.

19. Graxer

Graxer

Sounds great! I wish they would port it to the iPhone, I don't really like playing games on my 3250. (That and I don't actually know how to buy games for a phone that won't connect to the internet) This being a J2ME game though I wouldn't hold my breath for a port.

I'm still wondering whether this is emulation... it is really beginning to sound like it is an actual port made using the original source code.

Does anybody else feel that £5 is a bit of a ripoff when Sonic 1 is only £3.49 from the app store currently? (I think it is less than that occasionally) Also EA sell The Sims 3 for just £2.99 on the app store. Mobile phone games should cost less in my opinion, not more!

20. biggestsonicfan

biggestsonicfan

Model2wannaB Tech Member
    ALWAYS Sonic the Fighters
    Wow, do people still use those and are they still sold anywhere? O_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.