don't click here

Sonic's abilities increased?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Trigahd, Feb 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    Ok, I was playing in OOZ part 2 on my Sonic 2 hack, which is unaltered from the real version. I got to the main part, where there are the four platforms and two of them take you to the warp spheres which blast you places. Anywho, I went on the second platform which pushes up to a laucher, designed to take you to the first warp sphere, and I moved out of the way, thus missing the ball. I kept going all the way and narrowly dodged the second ball, and hit some spikes. The spikes lauched me back and I hit the second warp sphere. Now, instead of it sending me to the other warp spheres, it dropped me instead and I fell, onto the little set of spikes after the second launcher. So to make sure I didn't die, I was flashing with no rings, I jumped out to save myself. When I jumped, I noticed Sonic moving a little bit faster than normal, and that he was jumping higher than usual. Now here, I'm thinking wtf is going on. So I test it out, and indeed Sonic is going faster than he used to. It's like everything was heighten. If he gets hit, he flies back twice as far, he can jump up to platforms normally unreachable by himself. I also tried this on a regular Sonic 2 rom and got the same results. Has anyone ever done this trick before?

2. AeonicB

AeonicB

Oldbie
    Freelance
    Yep, people have done this before. You can do this in the actual game aswell(yes, I read the part saying it was unaltered), and there are even some sites that share the code to do so. ;)

3. Badass Cyborg

Badass Cyborg

TX
    Hmm. I've never had that happen before. Well, it gives me something new to try and achieve.

4. Mystical Ninja

Mystical Ninja

For old time's sake. Oldbie
    New Castle, Delaware
    Nothing that concerns this place in the least.
    This happens to me all the time when I use Debug mode.

5. Hayate

Hayate

Tech Member
    Wha? Can you explain that easily, so I can reconstruct it? :D

Even better, give me a movie of it happening (google search for "hypercam")

6. Trigahd

Trigahd

I am your gahd!! Member
    Somewhere in the skies
    Nothing worth mentioning
    You don't have to use debug mode to get this. I got it regularly.

Well if you go to the point in the picture attached below and follow the instructions I gave, then you'll see what I mean. Else I could post a savestate of Sonic's upped up stats, if I get enough wants.

At least I didn't say I discovered it ;) .

7. GerbilSoft

GerbilSoft

RickRotate'd. Administrator
    USA
    rom-properties
    Sorry, but this is already known. ;) It's a "Mega Jump" glitch in Oil Ocean Zone, Act 2. I can get a video of it tomorrow, after I get my new laptop hard drive. (I got a MiniDV camcorder today with composite video input and FireWire output, but the only FireWire port I have is on my laptop, and my laptop's hard drive died on February 11. :()

8. POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

POIZON THE HEDGEHOG

Pending Member
    Cool, I've yet to see this. I'll see if I can do it

9. Knux13

Knux13

Member since May 19, 2002 Banned
    Does this have something to do with how the cannons are implemented, or is it more likely some other reason?

10. Ben2k9

Ben2k9

We stand to Fight Oldbie
    Manchester, UK
    none at the mo
    woah! I never even knew this EXISTED, let alone being able to pull it off!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.