don't click here

Crossovers?

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by Super Klonoa, Oct 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    I'm thinking Sonic and Kirby would be awesome.

Shoot, Kirby does a variant on the spin dash through the entirety of Canvas Curse!

2. Super Klonoa

Super Klonoa

'Cause Super Sonic and the Super Saiyans ain't eno Oldbie
    That pretty much only happens when you don't include the characters' original personalities and universe staples...or at least adapting a universe staple to a character that doesn't have it in his universe, like a Super form. Even so, some people may still like the crossover.

For example, I try and make Klonoa act like his usual self in his games, but he's clothesless like the usual Sonic character and has a Super form of his own. Even though I changed him, a ton of people still pretty much like what I've done to him.

It's all about appeal, really.

3. Yash

Yash

CHOCOLATE! Member
    Sonic and Ristar. But Ristar gets Werehog type gameplay that focuses more on platforming than combat. In fact, I think this is what Sonic Unleashed should have been if they had to fit in an alternative gameplay mode.

And Sonic in Mario Kart.

4. Vrantheo

Vrantheo

"Find Next Beat" Member
    Mirror's Edge (both the original and the flash one) + Sonic

Or

Prototype + Shadow (both the hedgehog and the game)

5. doc eggfan

doc eggfan

Are you pondering what I'm pondering? Wiki Sysop
    ACT
    GreatMegaLD, GreatSC3k, Great SG1k
    Marko's Magic Football and Sonic the Hedgehog.

Game consists of Marko kicking Sonic all over the place.

[​IMG]

6. LordOfSquad

LordOfSquad

bobs over baghdad Member
    Winnipeg, MB
    making cool music no one gives a shit about
    Oh god I remember them advertising that game in Game Players.

7. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    I love how this topic is all about crossovers and you tackle my post out of all the ones on here. =\

And Sonic is cool. Classic Sonic, that is. Who said it had to be "serious Sonic with over ten thousand characters for friends and a goody-two-shoes personality and enlongated and has terrible catchphrases and a worse voiceactor"?

Wow, you must really hate Banjo and Kazooie or something, because I've seen more than one time you've openly bashed them and their franchise. Was it Nuts and Bolts? Did it get you to a bad first impression? Or do you just despise it?

And what about flippin' continuity? Who cares? It's a platformer. I play platformers because they're flippin' platformers. They're fun. And the concept of having many platformer characters that play somewhat the same but yet different is awesome. It's like a platformer gameplay sampler. Except with 25 or so levels to each character.

8. Ross-Irving

Ross-Irving

Retro users need to start growing thicker skins, seriously. It's not personal, and I'm sure as heck not talking about what you think I'm talking about. Banjo and Kazooie was a mediocre cutesy platformer for the Nintendo 64. Whatever. Nuts and Bolts had something going for it, but I don't think it had as much replay as was promised with its contraption making feature.

The other thing is that I was holding the idea of a suggested continuity in the event of a crossover in contempt, because where it likely didn't matter what happened in a timeline, fans would start trying to throw forth all of these retarded theories to make it awkwardly "fit". The other other thing is that "platformer gameplay sampler". Sampler? And then suggesting twenty-five levels for each character? Even if the time was invested to make that a reality, I think people would be overwhelmed. A crossover usually involves two different universes, not a smelly, nasty goulash of fifteen universes colliding into each other with the noisiest, most annoying cinematic ever.

9. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    But think of it: would've you complained about Super Smash Bros. Brawl if it used actual environments from the respected character's franchises in The Subspace Emissary? Or better yet, was Smash Bros. Brawl a "smelly, nasty goulash of thirty or so universes colliding into each other with the noisiest, most annoying cinematic ever"?

A game (especially a simple one, like most of the platformers franchises I listed) shouldn't take that much difficulty to explain stuff. What excuse did SSBB use? "But they're really figures in their own seperate world". Just because they were figures that hung around each other and constantly fought in Smash Bros. doesn't mean each respected character has to become that in their own continuity. An explanation could be something as simple as "this takes place in a different dimension where all these characters happen to live on the same planet". Just because they do in that dimension doesn't mean they have to in their mainstream canon counterparts.

And if you didn't notice, I said it was like a gameplay sampler EXCEPT THE FACT that it contained 25 or so levels for each character. It's like making a Smash Bros., except less combat, more actual platforming, and alot more third-party.

10. Super Platformer Wars. Nothing can go wrong with turning them all into SRPG gameplay.

11. Chaos Knux

Chaos Knux

Stable avatar temporary. Randomizer site down. Banned
    Can we PLEASE just pretend N&B never happened? PLEASE?! Everything else sounds cool though!

12. No. :colbert:

13. Azookara

Azookara

yup Member
    Actually, I liked the overall premise of N&B, but I hated how instead of using classic gameplay AND optional vehicles, it was all vehicles, all the time, and that's really what ruined the game. Not the fact the vehicles existed, it's just that the whole game revolved around them.

But still, we're getting off-topic. :v:

14. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    You forgot Pulseman. Just saing...

Also, three words:

SONIC ROCK BAND.

15. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Tails & Luigi =P
    also ew. sonic rockband. sounds like the ultimate sell out.

16. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Massive sell-out or coming around full-circle?

(Anyone have that one of Sonic and Vector or whatever in a band?)

17. Super Klonoa

Super Klonoa

'Cause Super Sonic and the Super Saiyans ain't eno Oldbie
    Actually, I wouldn't mind seeing some Sonic songs in Rock Band, really.

I'd like to see someone do What I'm Made Of on expert drums. =P

18. The Moogs

The Moogs

Oldbie
    It's called Christmas NiGHTS

19. Metal Knuckles

Metal Knuckles

HAVE SOME FUN WITH MIKU Member
    New Hampshire, USA
    Shadow Alpha, an awesome hack of Sonic 1
    They could make it [console] exclusive as well, just to see who they piss off.

20. Ritz

Ritz

Subhedgehog Member
    The only sort of crossover I'd be genuinely interested in is some sort of game herding all of Sega's lost and neglected properties under one roof: Tempo, Tongara, Astal, Ristar, Keio, Psycho Fox, etc. Willy Wombat too, so long as I'm fantasizing. Basically, what the Superstars series should've been.

Failing that, Fighters Megamix 2. It's the only way we're ever going to see the Vipers again, and they're just downright superior to the VF cast. I long await the day the world is finally ready for heated clothes-stripping arena brawls between men and dykes in flamboyant extreme sports gear.

Oh, wait, Sonic? Who gives a flying fuck

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.