don't click here

Project Electricmouse

Discussion in 'Engineering & Reverse Engineering' started by Hodgy, Oct 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sik

Sik

Sik is pronounced as "seek", not as "sick". Tech Member
    being an asshole =P
    Gens/GS has a "kick cartridge" function.

2. DTX

DTX

A fellow w/a name fit for nary a man save himself Member
    It'd be nice if either the boss music or Final Zone music could sound like this Team Rocket song, or at least have a tune based mostly off it.

Also, the Pokémon Center music put to a slower tempo would make nice Special Stage music. And the music played when one of your Pokémon has just finished evolving would make for an excellent end-of-act jingle.

EDIT:
    Are you going to attempt to incorporate "Pikablu" (Maril)[sp?] in some form or other into the game?

3. muteKi

muteKi

Fuck it Member
    Seriously, I felt Missingno would be an excellent final boss. Once you've beaten him the game hangs. :P

Of course, not my hack.

4. Selbi

Selbi

The Euphonic Mess Member
    Northern Germany
    Sonic ERaZor
    Or you could do MissingNo. a little bit like the original one. It's hidden, but when you find it, your rings will get multiplicated by 6, but shit happens with the game. :P

5. Lostgame

Lostgame

producer/turnablist. homebrew dev. cosplayer. Oldbie
    Toronto, ON
    The O.I.C.
    That'd be nice, anything but the ugly way it is now, really. :/

6. Leave that to die with Geocities Pokémon websites.

7. First of all the goddamn nostalgiafaggotry needs to stop. Each generation has it's own good AND bad Pokémon, and the generation 1 and 2 games are unplayable these days. There's a reason FireRed, LeafGreen, HeartGold and SoulSilver exist, people!

I had an idea about the animals that pop out when you defeat enemies. Replace them with different kinds of Pokéballs. And I also had the idea of replacing the spin dash with Volt Tackle but that's been suggested already.

This is a really cool idea, by the way. Reminds me of Somari and that Super Pikachu Land hack.

8. Blue Blood

Blue Blood

Gen 1 and 2 are playable, just incompatible with anything since. And if you're taking about the internal battery and clock error that's exclusive to GSC (and very easily fixed).

I like you idea about Pokéballs though. This hack is quite entertaining to follow, because it's so random and like one of those terrible pirates. (only, not terrible)

9. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    If you can get someone to program it, how about when you defeat the Pokémon, a Pokéball falls from the top of the screen, catches the Pokémon in a puff of smoke and bounces off the screen.

10. Seriously, they're not. No running, no mapping items to Select (in generation 1 of course), the extremely clumsy storage system, zillions of glitches, Psychic types being game breaking, I could go on for days.

Just take off the nostalgia goggles and play Red, Blue and Yellow again. You'll come crawling back to generation 4 in no time.

11. There is no nostalgiafaggotry. Show me any one post were someone has said that the new games are bad. Hodgy wants to stick to a Kanto theme, so he'll do that. It ain't up to you.
    (also, FYI, the reason the remakes are made is because people prefered the older games to the newer ones. Just saying)

Ideas for enemies: Bomb should become Voltorb/Electrode, the Fire Statue should look like a Charizard, and Ball Hog might have to be a Chansey throwing eggs :/ Roller could be Gravler, though it would look really small.

12. SonarDragon

SonarDragon

It's so we could Kanto Pokemon in R/S/E. HG/SS let us get the Jhoto starters and legendaries easier.
    THAT was nostalgiafaggotry, or sarcasm, if so, please ignore me.

13. I'm offended.

A.) The walking animation for Pikachu is ALL wrong. He walks on all fours, whether he's walking slow or sprinting!
    B.) Pikachu can't spin dash. He has lightning power. You idiot.
    C.) The motoladybug has not been turned into a pokemon. How DARE you.
    D.) When you hit one of the pokemon, an animal comes out! What kind of bullshit voodoo magic is this crap?

Worst first hack ever.

14. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    Oh u~ =D
    Well, I suppose you're pointing out the things that need to be done =P

15. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    Currently playing Red version and enjoying it greatly. Maybe you should give it a try before you pitch a fit like this. Walking speed is much greater (and maps smaller) than in newer generations, selectitem is not nearly that important (to myself at least), the "clumsy storage system" can be worked around with some intelligent pre-planning, and glitches and gamebreaking? That's one of the reasons Red version has appeal still; the strategies are different. And believe me, I can go on for days as well.

REGARDLESS OF THAT, your argument is moot. Sonic is not a Generation I pokemon game, and I doubt Hodgy is using only Kanto Pokemon for the "nostalgiafaggotry". So swallow a chillpill and enjoy the show.

Terrible attempt at making an ontopic post: If Robotnik is going to be Team Rocket, the machines (in addition to being ridiculous in color and Team Rocket emblemed) should use Pokeball Motifs to attack Pikachu. The Wrecking Ball turns into a pokeball, the spike bombs in Starlight zone, and maybe even the fireballs in Marble zone?

16. Team Rocket if they are in should use the Meowth Balloon, instead of the Eggmobile.

[​IMG]

It would fit, just change the Eggmobile to Meowth, and add that little box where they sit.

17. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    Gotta have the *ting* upon being defeated, if the balloon was used.

18. BlackHole

BlackHole

You're going to need MORE than help. Member
    England
    Complaining
    Why not just have the box replace the EggMobile with the three in and lines leading up to the balloon that's out of view/programmed in by any techie he gets to help him?

19. Tweaker

Tweaker

Banned
    I've played generation 4. I still prefer the original two generations. But, you know... thanks for your generalization and all. Really appreciate you telling me what I like and what I don't! I had no idea you had some sort of sentience over my preferences and thought processes that I didn't even know exist. Could you tell me what I had for breakfast, too? I forgot.

:rolleyes:

To be a bit more on-topic, this is pretty neat for a first hack! I'm not too hip on sprite edits alone, personally; do you plan on editing layouts and level art as well? It'd be nice to see some new material in that regard. This is a pretty solid first effort, though, so well done—keep it up! :)

20. PsychoSk8r

PsychoSk8r

PsychedelAnt | Tone Turner Oldbie
    Birmingham, UK
    30 Day Project: Revisited.A New Release!
    I think this has a lot of potential.
    He could even make a level, with the overworld graphics (Viridian City Zone?) in the background. =P
    Hearing the original RBY music in there would be awesome too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.