don't click here

Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles Final Boss Music

Discussion in 'General Sonic Discussion' started by HighCaliburFun, Sep 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HighCaliburFun

HighCaliburFun

I gotta juice! Member
    USA
    Hey all!

So when I was younger, I CONSTANTLY played S3&K. Whenever I got to the very end the music that played during the final boss and Doomsday zone were particularly intimidating just by itself. To me, it really gave the feel feeling the Dr. Robotnik wasn't playing around anymore, and that he meant business when it came to taking the Master Emerald. It was then that my heart sunk and my hands went numb because I legitimately felt scared. Did anyone else also think that the music during those points went along PERFECTLY with the situation? Because I sure did! lol

2. Aquaslash

Aquaslash

<The Has-been Legend> Moderator
    Well generally, the mark of any good level theme is that it fits the mood of the level it's in. I found the Doomsday music to be quite fitting for the Super Mecha Sonic fight myself. I imagine the developers did too, else they'd have had something else played. :)

3. Eviltaco64

Eviltaco64

Hopelessly Lost in Aisle 5 Member
    Those tracks were always among my favorites, I can tell you that.

I don't think I was really too scared by them, but, as Aquaslash said, they're very fitting for their levels (same for standalone Sonic 3 in LBZ Act 2. :)

EDIT: Cool, 200 posts.

4. The music of the Level should help its atmosphere.

I will say this. Doomsday achieved just that!

The frantic downbeat music complements the chase to end Robotnick's scheme in space with asteroids flying all around you!

Perfect end to S3&K.

5. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    I've always felt the same about Sonic 2's Death Egg Theme, the music scared me too much to move to Silver Sonic when I got to the level the first few times.

6. Endri

Endri

Officer I don't have my drivers license with me. C Tech Member
    To be quite, quite honest, I always felt that those musics matched these levels pretty well. I found the mood in Sonic 2's Death Egg Zone and Sonic & Knuckles' Death Egg Zone pretty different, and the respect musics for each of these levels played together very nicely. Though neither of these musics ever made me scared.

In fact, the only music that ever got me scared was the Regenerators musics from Resident Evil 4, and I was already an adult when I played and heard it, so that music is really something. (I would link to that music, but it seems I'm not brave enough to browser for it) XD

7. XCubed

XCubed

Will Someday Own a Rent-A-Center Oldbie
    That music was scary as shit the first time I heard in in Sonic 3. Who knew that going partially into space (where it gets dark) was only part of the badassness to come later on in S&K? I don't know why, but The Doomsday Zone (yes, I'm calling it by it's proper title) music just isn't as scary....but it's still epic and fitting for the level. The LBZ final Sonic 3 boss music starts out more slowly...leading you to impeding terror. Doomsday just jumps right into the evil.

In my personal opinion, Sonic 2's Death Egg music is the absolute worst tune in the game. It's crazy, it's horrible, it's creepy, it's gross....I just wish it had the chance to last an entire level instead of 3 seconds....because it would have been perfect for that moment!

Today this "Main Theme of the Game" final boss battle was neat at first, but now I find it downright tiring (I don't know how Unleahsed does it though, I haven't seen it but I have no reason to think it's any different). Sonic Adventure 1&2, ShadowtH, Sonic '06. Although Sonic Heroes obviously didn't go that route....it still followed through like the others with it's "rockin'" boss battle tune.

What the music that would scare the living daylights out of me? If the Genesis could handle it, there simply isn't any excuse today....I'm Waiting!

8. Lyrica

Lyrica

(Formerly: Donnyku) Oldbie
    Pennsylvania
    Wedding Planning
    Actually, Unleashed did it quite well, because it's not really Super Sonic doing the fighting, he's just helping with the fight

9. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    Not in the Wii version that nobody cares about. There (Super) Sonic does most of the fighting.

10. BlueSatoshi

BlueSatoshi

Aspiring Game Designer
    Glendale, CA
    Contest Entry
    Even though I found that fight frustrating, the only reason I still recall it fondly is because they just had Sonic poke out Dark Gaia's eyes! *rofl*

11. Beebles

Beebles

Now with OFFICIAL terrible Knuckles artwork. Member
    Check my blog for details.
    I preferred each story's end boss theme much more than the Perfect Chaos fights. Chaos 6's is a great tune, and Zero's is rather fitting as well.

12. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    I Found Doomsday Zone's Music and Sonic 2's Final Boss music to both sound like Robotnik wasnt taking any crap any more.... to be honest even at a push Sonic 1's Final Zone music does the job :)

13. Aesculapius Piranha

Aesculapius Piranha

つづく Oldbie
    Unknown
    Diva
    Honestly I thought the Doomsday music only suited the final boss for Knuckles. The Doomsday not only feels tacked on but not quite as epic. It was like "Okay, lets have robotnik run away from you for a while!" Knuckle's boss was like "Oh shit. Invincible evil Sonic robot!" Meanwhile Knuckles is vulnerable, while Sonic is invincible. And it is a good final boss theme, but not a good chase scene theme.

The Sonic 3 Final theme though, is not only epic, but feels fitting for every boss that has it... With perhaps the exception of Sonic 3's final boss, which was underwhelming compared to Sonic 1 and 2's.

14. I think all are quite fitting. Sonic 1 - well, it's kind of plodding and mechanical, sonic 2 - soft of clumsy sounding like what's this oaf up to now, but sonic 3 - both tunes are grand, Robotnik's final revenge: the ultimate battle.

15. Mr. Mash

Mr. Mash

All fanbases are awful Member
    drawing
    I think the most appropriate music in the sonic games is the drowning music, it still makes me shit bricks and button mash every time.

16. I second that. Nothing freaks me out more in video games than a "Time's about to be up!" music. Especially the sonic drowning music

17. MainMemory

MainMemory

Kate the Wolf Tech Member
    SonLVL
    As long as I can remember, the drowning music has never freaked me out. I don't like listening to it, but it doesn't make me panic. The closest I get is with the Adventure version, and there you can almost always escape by jumping.

18. djdocsonic

djdocsonic

Testing YOUR Hacks Since 2005... Member
    Emerald Hill Zone
    Looking for a Rom Hack to Test.
    I must be odd then, the drowning music used to make me laugh. Id even drown Sonic on purpose at times lol

Funnier when Sonic and Tails are both drowning and Sonic gets the Air Bubble and Tails dies ;)

19. CloverCC

CloverCC

Sonic 3 Final boss music > Doomsday music. Just my opinion, though..

20. RedStripedShoes

RedStripedShoes

And I'm gone again. Member
    Hey, you stole my opinion! :argh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.